No announcement yet.

You Know You're a Whovian When...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, it's the same as whenever a new actor gets the role of Superman, you always see his face pasted over the body of the last guy.
    sigpic
    Although bow ties are cool, the scarf is cooler!

Comment

Originally posted by 4thDoctor View Post
      Yeah, it's the same as whenever a new actor gets the role of Superman, you always see his face pasted over the body of the last guy.
      Ah, that's right, yeah. I think its the late Christopher Reeve that used to be the body that was often used for Superman. Hopefully they'll stop doing that after he passed away.

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
      K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

There is a great dream sequence in one of the old "New Adventures" novels where the novel companion Bernice Summerfield is at a hotel pool having some drinks with a Cyberman,Sontaran,and Dalek.
        I like Sharky
        sigpic

Comment

I did a Whovian wallpaper for my 'puter after doing that newyear sig banner, because I liked that picture so much.

Looks pretty good as my desktop!
          sigpic

Comment

Had another Doctor Who dream... there were Daleks.
            sigpic
            Save a Man-of-War, ride a Commodore.

Comment

^^^^
              Speaking of Superman and the fourth Doctor....

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 4thDoctor View Post
                ^^^^
                Speaking of Superman and the fourth Doctor....

Photoshop.

I recognise Dave Gibbons' style for the Doctor, and Neal Adams's for Superman.
                sigpic
                Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
                To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
                And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

Originally posted by BruTak View Post
                  Photoshop.

I recognise Dave Gibbons' style for the Doctor, and Neal Adams's for Superman.
                  Absolutely photoshop. Clever but if not for the differing art styles and the Whovians knowledge of what was actually standing in the TARDIS doorway the photoshopper might have gotten away with it.

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,

Comment

Photoshop.
                    I never said it wasn't. Doctor Who couldn't have really crossed over with Superman, because at that time Marvel Comics held the comic book rights to Dr. Who, while Superman has ever been of DC Comics.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Alan View Post
                      Absolutely photoshop. Clever but if not for the differing art styles and the Whovians knowledge of what was actually standing in the TARDIS doorway the photoshopper might have gotten away with it.
                      You mean the Vintage Hartnell Era Cyberman?
                      I like Sharky
                      sigpic

Comment

Apparently, if you watched last nights ep of Sherlock closely, some trick of lighting and smoke made it look like the TARDIS was in one of the night time scenes.

Don't know which one. But I'll let you know if I find out.
                        sigpic
                        Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
                        To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
                        And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

Originally posted by The Flyattractor View Post
                          You mean the Vintage Hartnell Era Cyberman?
                          Well technically it was the head of The Tenth Planet Cyberman on The Moonbase Cyberman body....but I think people generally accept it as The Tenth Planet Cyberman...so yeah

Comment

Yes your rght. It didn't have the Stereophonic Belly Button Search Light chest kit thing.

I have that comic but it is boxed away some where in the comic vault and I was to lazy to dig it out..

YES!

YOU KNOW YOUR A WHOVIAN when you would rather physically dig out the actual Dr.Who comic to ref the actual picture then just google imageing it!
                            I like Sharky
                            sigpic

Comment

Allow me.

sigpic

Comment

10-Q.

Any my comic isnt' that yellow.

SEE!

REAL IS BETTER!
                                I like Sharky
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X