You Know You're a Whovian When...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Flying Officer Bennett View Post
    You know you're a Whovian when..... you glare at shop window dummies as you pass by.
    A few years ago, I was walking down Regent Street in London with a friend, and he suddenly pointed at a shop window display and said "at least we know we're safe--no self-respecting Auton would dress like that!"

Comment

When you have to fight back the tears when you watch Billy Piper and David Tennant do their last scenes together.
      "What do you mean by 'Oopps'?"
      Team Starfist protects all. But having a fully loaded P-90 helps...
      Reality is an illusion... Created by those who cannot handle Stargate...!
      Jankowski's Rules: Rule 1: Check your Six!
      I'm not perfect. But parts of me are excellent I also cook...!
      To thy own self... Be true
      May the odds.... Be ever in your favour..!

Comment

When you jump for joy when you see David Tennant and Billie Piper do their last scenes together.

(Hated Rose after series 1).
        Teselecta: "Silence will fall when the question is asked."

Doctor: "And what is the question?"

Teselecta: "How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?"

Doctor: " *Brainfart* ".

Comment

When you nod with approval at the dedication for Elisabeth Sladen at the begining of the season opener for season 6 of the Dr Who reboot...

Comment

Originally posted by Starfist View Post
            When you nod with approval at the dedication for Elisabeth Sladen at the begining of the season opener for season 6 of the Dr Who reboot...
            ITS...NOT...A...REBOOT...!!!

Sick of having to explain that to new fans!
            Teselecta: "Silence will fall when the question is asked."

Doctor: "And what is the question?"

Teselecta: "How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?"

Doctor: " *Brainfart* ".

Comment

When you can remember an episode form your youth when they release the DVDs or you catch a repeat on one of the digital channels and wonder why you hid behind the sofa.

Comment

Originally posted by Billz View Post

I totally sympathise. When will these new fangled fans get it? The modern Battlestar Galactica is a reboot. The 2009 Star Trek movie is a reboot. Doctor Who RETURNED and continued and that's why Christopher Eccleston's incarnation of the Doctor is the ninth not the first. The show came back after a long hiatus.

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
                K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

You're a Whovian when you interrupt a good ol' chinwag to look at your watch, scream, gather your belonging and run to catch the bus home lest you miss the start of Doctor Who.

((True Story. I was almost LATE D: ))
                  sigpic

I'm not dead. Yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Starfist View Post
                    You know you're an old-school Whovian when you like this particular description.

Comment

Originally posted by Billz View Post

Perhaps they're getting confused by the whole Universe Reebooting thing in "The Big Bang"?
                      sigpic
                      Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
                      To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
                      And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

Originally posted by Alan View Post
                        I totally sympathise. When will these new fangled fans get it? The modern Battlestar Galactica is a reboot. The 2009 Star Trek movie is a reboot. Doctor Who RETURNED and continued and that's why Christopher Eccleston's incarnation of the Doctor is the ninth not the first. The show came back after a long hiatus.
                        Is New Star Trek really a reboot though? Personally I reckon if it's got links to the original, if there are characters who remember the original, then it's not a reboot, it's just a weird timey wimey sequel.

Comment

Originally posted by pbellosom View Post
                          Is New Star Trek really a reboot though? Personally I reckon if it's got links to the original, if there are characters who remember the original, then it's not a reboot, it's just a weird timey wimey sequel.
                          I forgot about Leonard Nimoy's Spock being in it. Okay, the 2009 Star Trek doesn't count. But I still stand steady and firm that Doctor Who from 2005 is NOT a reboot it is a continuation. Its still the same show that started back in 1963. The only thing that makes it different is all the behind-the-scenes goings on with its higher budget and modern day technology. The stories are still as great and dark and funny and creepy and bizarre and mad as they were in the first 42-years of TV seasons, comic strips, books, and audio adventures. The Doctor is still the same man he was (albeit suffering from survivors guilt and withdrawing in to his shell due to the Time War) and the TARDIS is still the same ship Ian Chesterton and Barbara Wright discovered in a scrapyard at 76 Totter's Lane.

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
                          K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

Originally posted by susanne View Post
                            You're a Whovian when you interrupt a good ol' chinwag
                            Translation
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Spimman View Post
                              Translation
                              "Chinwag" - to chat with a friend for a protracted length of time.
                              sigpic
                              Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
                              To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
                              And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

Thanks, I've never heard that word and you never know with Susie
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X