Rose/Doctor Ship Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Because I personally do not want to spoiled
    I will ask that if you do have a spoiler in your post please utilize the spoiler tags

[ spoiler][/spoiler] (without the space)

I have just skimmed this so far and anything NOT aired in the US is a spoiler so I am not sure what is just malarky and what is a true spoiler so please be kind to your fellow members that do not want to be spoiled and follow the Forum Guidelines for Shows that are currently airing

Thanks
    TameFarrar
    gateWorld Staff
    Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Spoiler:

wp put behind the spoiler tag due to content... enjoy

or should i have just linked it... i will edit if am told dif... but seein' as its behind a spoiler tag, it shuold be okay.

okay i shoudl know better then try to post things up whren im half alseep.
      Last edited by CKO; 13 April 2006, 07:43 PM.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TameFarrar
        Since I do know that the actors change that will be sort of weird to see... and I do find that it kind of *evens out* my whole *shippy* thing with the Dr and ROse. I don't want to get to attached to THESE two only to have teh guy change .... I think that is a little hard on the audience as well even if you are used to the Dr being someone new quite often
        Well if you are going to be a fan you will have to get use to it, he regenerates and he still has at least 2 to go. Personally I look at it like Bond films, they are always changing the actor but they keep the 'feel' of the show. Sure if you really love the actor it can be sad when they leave.

Also just reiterating, the caps of that scene
        Spoiler:
        and all the kisses at the moment
        are spoilers even if they appear in trailers, please use the tags.

Comment

here is a shiny wallpaper i made

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y13.../wprosedoc.jpg
          sigpic

Comment

That's a nice wallpaper, I wished that I had photo editing skills like that.
            "Nothing stays lost forever." The Triangle tag line. Now on DVD, own it forever.

Rose: "She slapped you!"
            The Doctor: "900 years of time and space, and i've never been slapped by someone's mother."
            Rose: "Your face!"
            The Doctor:"it hurt!!"
            The 9th Doctor/Rose from Aliens of London.

Comment

thanks
              sigpic

Comment

Friday's ep was great--and quite shippy! I noticed when the
                Spoiler:
                Dalek had Rose hostage he said (to the Doctor) someting along the lines of: "You wouldn't allow me to kill the woman you love". That seemed pretty telling to me. His relef when she survived was touching as well. I also htought Rose's comment "Well then it's good I'm here" was very touvhing too.

Very enjoyable ep--I can't wait to see how things will escalate lbetween the Doctor and Rose in the coming eps.

Later,
                Royal

Signature By Amber Moon

Comment

Thought there would never be chemistry between 10th doc and Rose but I was sorely wrong- they were sizzling this week (Sorry US!)

Comment

I've now watched all the episodes so far, and I'm completely on the Rose/Doctor ship. I have a feeling it will never progress beyond an occasional "moment" or maybe even a kiss under certain circumstances, but I doubt they'll ever let them get together. Just as long as they never end up with anyone else, I'm okay with that.

as for season 2 now showing in the UK (lucky, they are!), I find
                    Spoiler:
                    while I feel David Tennant is doing a great job, I miss Christopher Eccleston terribly. His Doctor was so sad and wounded and Rose healed something in him and I wanted to see that developed. I will always miss him in some way, I think. They're making Ten and Rose very flirty and loving with each other, but damn, the kiss they had would have been awesome with Chris in there!

Comment

Originally posted by Potions_Mistress
                      PM even though you url'ed this you need to include that it contains spoilers for Series 28 (2). Please include the tags.

Spoiler:

The kiss is a spoiler just like the kisses in SGA have been considered spoilers as they are out of character.

Again I have no idea what goes on in other shipper threads on GW but a lot of the talk here is bordering on spoilers please use the tags especially when talking about the new series.

Comment

Hi! I'm in the US and we're just now seeing Dr. Who on SciFi. The Dr. we have is played by Chris (I think he's a great Dr. Who). I've never seen an episode before now and I'm totally hooked - I love the show! I don't usually start shipping for two characters so early but Chris and Bilie have great chemistry together and I'd love the Dr. and Rose together.

Comment

Since this is billed as a "Discussion" thread and not a pro-ship thread, I would like to say first of all, that I am a die-hard Whovian, having seen every episode available. With that said, I think that the Doctor should NOT get shippy with ANY companion, because he never has in the past and has said that it would be a bad idea. Maybe with Romana, a fellow time lord, but not with a human, for the simple fact that she will grow old and die, while he never changes.

Great Sig by Bella

Comment

Originally posted by Mr_Fantastic
                            Since this is billed as a "Discussion" thread and not a pro-ship thread, I would like to say first of all, that I am a die-hard Whovian, having seen every episode available. With that said, I think that the Doctor should NOT get shippy with ANY companion, because he never has in the past and has said that it would be a bad idea. Maybe with Romana, a fellow time lord, but not with a human, for the simple fact that she will grow old and die, while he never changes.
                            Um the Doctor changes alot he is on his Tenth Regeneration. So you cant say the Doctor never changes. He does age and we know this through seeing the 2nd Doctor in the Two Doctors and the 7th Doctor in The Movie.
                            Oh Yes the Sam is Back and hes more Sci-fied up than ever !!!!!!!!!

Coming Soon a new Banner from Me

Comment

I apologize. I appear to have misread the guideline to this thread. It is a "positive outlook" thread.

Great Sig by Bella

Comment

Originally posted by nalex1013
                                Thought there would never be chemistry between 10th doc and Rose but I was sorely wrong- they were sizzling this week (Sorry US!)
                                Thanks for the info--glad to hear it. You'll have to keep us informed about how Rose and Ten get along.

Originally posted by Mr_Fantastic
                                I apologize. I appear to have misread the guideline to this thread. It is a "positive outlook" thread.
                                No prob--understandable mistake.

I'm looking forward to tonight's ep; we'll have to discuss it later on.

Later all,
                                Royal

Signature By Amber Moon

Comment

Working...
                                X