This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IMForeman
    I don't know, really. I mean, the Daleks were stymied by the Movellans of all things, and the Movellans are certainly no Replicators. And if you look at their modus operandi, the Replicators have a distinct advantage. The Replicators by their very nature adapt and advance. The Daleks, though, stay pure and unsulied by change. They believe themselves perfect and any change from their pure form is an abombination. I give the Replicators the upper protuberance in this one.
    Davros programmed them to do what was necessary to survive... while the actual Dalek would never willingly change, each one is supposedly an engineering genius so they can develop new machines and technology.

Spoiler:
    And now that each one has a force field around it, it would be a bit harder for replicators to, er, replicate them.

A sci-fi/steampunk/fantasy novel... with color pictures!
    My Blog

“This summer on Sci-Fi... as part of our five year mission to find the lowest common denominator, we bring you… Extreme Psychic Reality Makeover…!"

Comment

THey can alway go and try to Trick Davros to fix the problem again.
      Tis No Fool to lose what He can not keep, To gain what he will never Lose

Comment

Yesa but the Replicators are much more advanced then the Movellans.
        Oh Yes the Sam is Back and hes more Sci-fied up than ever !!!!!!!!!

Coming Soon a new Banner from Me

Comment

We don't know that...

Comment

But they look more advanced....
            Oh Yes the Sam is Back and hes more Sci-fied up than ever !!!!!!!!!

Coming Soon a new Banner from Me

Comment

I have a theory that the Tardis makes technology look like what a person can handle. I.e. in the 60s the tech looked like what a 60's person could imagine.

Comment

Originally posted by PtahTheCreationGod
                Some great Jack/Daniel moments are possible here:

Sam: How can we stop the Cybermen?
                Jack: How bout this? *fires*
                Doctor: Bullets cant stop it!
                Sam: Then what can?
                Jack: Magnets!

Or

Jack: So let me get this straight, you die and you change form and come back to life?
                Doctor: Yep, pretty much
                Jack: Hey Daniel, how come you dont do that?

I was thinking of other mouments that I could use:

Jack: "So how old are you?"
                Doctor: "In your terms, I'm about 900 of years old."
                Jack: "And you don't look a day over 500."

Sam, Daniel, and Teal'c walked through the portal of the Stargate. Jack and the Doctor are the only two left on the walkway. The Doctor looks at the portal in the same way that the Sam did "In the Childern of the Gods". Jack getting feed up with this, pushes the Doctor through the portal.

The team arrive on the planet.
                The Doctor: "You bloody push me!"
                Jack: "Oh, I did. Sorry about that." Jack walks away.
                The Doctor walks to Sam and points in the direction of Jack. "Is he always like that?"
                Sam: "More or less, yes."

At the end of the FanFic:

The Doctor gives Sam a kiss on the hand,( I personally think he would be attractive to Sam for many reasons) and then head back to his TARDIS. Which disapears.
                Jack looks at Sam. "What is with you and alien men?"
                "Nothing stays lost forever." The Triangle tag line. Now on DVD, own it forever.

Rose: "She slapped you!"
                The Doctor: "900 years of time and space, and i've never been slapped by someone's mother."
                Rose: "Your face!"
                The Doctor:"it hurt!!"
                The 9th Doctor/Rose from Aliens of London.

Comment

I would like to add a little something to the last one:

Jack: What is with you and alien men?
                  Sam: Well at least if this one dies I dont have to worry.

Plus, with my "bullets cant stop it", anyone notice the little tie in with S28's trailer? *looks smug*
                  Last edited by The Signal; 03 April 2006, 12:29 PM.
                  Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
                  - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

lol so true

Comment

Originally posted by PtahTheCreationGod
                      I would like to add a little something to the last one:

Jack: What is with you and alien men?
                      Sam: Well at least if this one dies I dont have to worry.

Plus, with my "bullets cant stop it", anyone notice the little tie in with S28's trailer? *looks smug*
                      Except that that line
                      Spoiler:
                      Refers to a Werewolf, not the Cybermen.
                      "There's not a little boy born who wouldn't tear the world apart to save his mummy... and this little boy can." --The Doctor.
                      "The plastic tips at the ends of shoelaces are called Aglets. Their true purpose is sinister."--The Question.
                      BAD WOLF!!!

Comment

Not to add fuel to this fire, but did anybody else notice that Merlin's lab in Camelot reused TARDIS set dressings from the Doctor Who TV Movie? Hardly surprising, considering the same guy did both sets but... first the Doctor's Merlin in the DW universe and now SG Merlin's place has bits of TARDIS controls lying about in it...

Comment

Originally posted by IMForeman
                          Except that that line
                          Spoiler:
                          Refers to a Werewolf, not the Cybermen.
                          There very little that bullets can stop in the DW universe
                          Remember what Brig said once
                          "For once I like to see an alien that isn't immuned to bullets."

Comment

Working...
                          X