Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They wouldnt be making money, the children in need fund would recieve a set amount of money for each release (right?)
    Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
    - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

Play.com have updated the details of what is on Season Two: Volume 1

Episodes:
      1. The Christmas Invasion (2005 Festive Special episode)
      2. New Earth

Comment

Originally posted by Deputy-Assistant-Second-Prime
        Same thing happened to my copy.
        Same with mine. I thought it was just me. Does anyone know why that seems to have happened to alot of us?
        Teselecta: "Silence will fall when the question is asked."

Doctor: "And what is the question?"

Teselecta: "How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?"

Doctor: " *Brainfart* ".

Comment

Originally posted by Billz
          Same with mine. I thought it was just me. Does anyone know why that seems to have happened to alot of us?
          Yes, simple mechanics.

The magnet in the center holds the cover flap closed.

The stress of the magnetic force versus the mechanical spring-like force of boxset being too tightly compressed travels horizontally from the hinge to the magnet (located in the center of the flap's edge).

In contrast, the top and bottom edges of the flap have no magnet, or mechanism, to secure them directly to the boxset...or bear the load of the spring-like force tugging at them horizontally from the hinge.

Instead, the top and bottom are constrained by the center magnet along the vertical edge of the flap.

All this creates a force differential.

The material which composes the boxset is somewhat elastic which allows these differing forces to distort the flap...thus giving us an obvious indication of the stresses.

To summarize, the design is flawed in two ways.
          1.) The flap should have been longer to better accomodate closing the box comfortably and avoid creating the spring effect which tugs on the flap.
          2.) Magnets should have been place at the top and bottom edges of the flap to distribute the load of the spring-like force tugging from the hinge.

[EDIT: Wow! I was able to put my Engineering degree to some use. Yay! ]
          Last edited by Deputy-Assistant-Second-Prime; 14 April 2006, 01:59 PM.

Comment

Volume 2 Cover-art has been released

Comment

That's awsome! I thought they'd do like they do over in the states here...they wait until the end of the season..then a year later release the season on DVD

Looks like i'll still be able to keep up with Doctor Who even if it gets canceled here!
              It feels good to be alive.
              Cause i've been dead for so long.

Comment

Originally posted by TheWarrior
                Volume 2 Cover-art has been released

http://www.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/image...vd_s2_vol2.jpg
                I must say, the cover is a bit of a spoiler, in my opinion.
                "Captain, you almost make me believe in luck."

Comment

They look like they're about to be drowned again.

Comment

I do prefer the baclground colouring to the series 27 (1) versions.

Hang on, whats with Rose's hand in that pic?
                    Last edited by Flyboy; 26 April 2006, 02:27 PM.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

DT's hair looks just a bit out of control in that shot.
                      Thanks!
                      Jordan

my page
                      My LJ
                      From now on, our name will be 'Tenac'.

Comment

Play.com have listed the complete Season 2 Doctor Who boxset with a release date of 20/11/06. The price is currently £55.99

Click to preorder from Play.com

Comment

I don't the cover myself. Too many pictures it would be nice if they only had the one pic for a focal point.
                          If you like doctor who, then please check out my doctor who forum, which has threads on missing episodes, new series news & classic series.
                          LINK: http://timeandspace.proboards34.com/index.cgi#general

Comment

Working...
                          X