Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

With the exchange rate the way it is, I'm wondering if it would be cheaper to buy the American version and have it shipped over. Isn't $70 like £30 now?

Madeleine

Comment

Originally posted by Madeleine_W View Post
      With the exchange rate the way it is, I'm wondering if it would be cheaper to buy the American version and have it shipped over. Isn't $70 like £30 now?
      Anyone know what international shipping rates from Amazon.com are?

I tried to find out the same thing about having it shipped to me here in Canada, but hey, you have to sign up, blah blah etc. to get a number, so if anyone has a ballpark figure, that would be great.....

I notice Amazon.com slaps a nice giant "shopping from Canada click here" link on the front page, just linking back to Amazon.ca where prices have not been adjusted according to the exchange rate at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Madeleine_W View Post
        At current exchange rates, $70 USD is £33 GBP.
        sigpic
        Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
        To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
        And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

BUT is your DVD player for region 1 as well? or do Amazon.com do region 2 as well, plus I'm not sure if the American version has all the extras

Comment

Mine is Region 1. The DVDs are also Region 1.

Ours contains commentary, CiN, Confidential, the Music and Monsters featurette, Video Diaries, Deleted Scenes and Outtakes.

If I am not mistaken, that is all the special features that the original ones have.

Comment

Originally posted by Trek_Girl42 View Post
              Anyone know what international shipping rates from Amazon.com are?

I tried to find out the same thing about having it shipped to me here in Canada, but hey, you have to sign up, blah blah etc. to get a number, so if anyone has a ballpark figure, that would be great.....

I notice Amazon.com slaps a nice giant "shopping from Canada click here" link on the front page, just linking back to Amazon.ca where prices have not been adjusted according to the exchange rate at all.
              It would be $4.99 per shipment fee plus $2.99 per item. So... if you order just the DVD set the shipping will be $7.98. Customs will likely tack on GST/PST plus a $5 handling charge before they'll hand it over to you (there is a small chance you won't have to pay the taxes/charges - I get packages from the US all the time, including from Amazon.com and it's really hit and miss). Even so, it's cheaper this way than Amazon.ca. It's just insane! I usually order DVD's through chapters.indigo.ca but they list it as being the same price as Amazon.ca (about $98, I think).

Of course, I never thought I'd see the day when the CDN dollar was worth more than the US dollar! Life's a mystery.
              Reveling in my multi-shipper happy place...and drooling over Sheppard.

My SG-1 Fanfic (Atlantis fic coming soon)

Comment

Originally posted by magickalmama View Post
                It would be $4.99 per shipment fee plus $2.99 per item. So... if you order just the DVD set the shipping will be $7.98. Customs will likely tack on GST/PST plus a $5 handling charge before they'll hand it over to you (there is a small chance you won't have to pay the taxes/charges - I get packages from the US all the time, including from Amazon.com and it's really hit and miss). Even so, it's cheaper this way than Amazon.ca. It's just insane! I usually order DVD's through chapters.indigo.ca but they list it as being the same price as Amazon.ca (about $98, I think).

Of course, I never thought I'd see the day when the CDN dollar was worth more than the US dollar! Life's a mystery.
                Wow. That's actually not as bad as I would have expected, and might make it worthwhile for ordering several items. However in the case of DW it comes to about exactly the price (before tax) that I'm hoping to pay for it in store if they have it. Not worth it this time, but definitely good to know for the future! Thanks for the info.

Comment

Question for anyone with the R1 series three set. Is there the Blink easter egg on it? Has anyone found it if there is, and where is it? Cause I can't find it if there is one.....

Comment

Wow. That's actually not as bad as I would have expected, and might make it worthwhile for ordering several items. However in the case of DW it comes to about exactly the price (before tax) that I'm hoping to pay for it in store if they have it. Not worth it this time, but definitely good to know for the future! Thanks for the info.
                    Still loads better than the UK price!
                    *can't afford either.*
                    *sulks*
                    Pinky, are you thinking what I'm thinking?
                    Yes, I am!
                    sigpic
                    Improved and unfuzzy banner being the result of more of Caldwell's 2IC sick, yet genuis, mind.
                    Help Pitry win a competition! Listen to Kula Shaker's new single
                    Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

Regarding James Marsters on Torchwood- whether he'll be using his English accent, and his character has a name.

http://www.bostonnow.com/entertainme...e-spike-behind

Spoiler:
                      BN: And you're doing Torchwood, too.
                      JM: (laughing) I hope America can deal with Torchwood. I thought I was going to do this nasty Dr. Who spin-off over in England because, you know, English people are kind of randy. They like their entertainment a little spicier than Americans can deal with, frankly.

BN: Are you bringing back the accent (much to the shock of many of his fans, Marsters is from California, not England)?
                      JM: Yes. I decided I was going to England so I should have an English accent. I got the script and he's a total criminal, so he should be lower class, and then immediately I'm in Spike territory.

BN: Was it easy to slide into?
                      JM: Completely. The nice thing was that there is a difference to the two characters that was central; Spike was a romantic, he would only date one person at a time, whereas this new character, Captain John, will do anything that moves. (Laughing) In the script is said "anything with a zip code." I'm introduced and kiss the hell out of the male lead and then kick his ass. Or maybe he kicks my ass. We kick each other's ass.
                      Um, LOL! I want to see that! *makes evil plans with her Capt Jack and Spike action figures dolls*

Comment

It looks like our favourite Captain is coming back for more...

From Outpost Gallifrey:
                        John Barrowman has revealed that the character of Captain Jack Harkness is returning to Doctor Who in Series Four.

There has been no official announcement by the BBC but in an interview on thisisnottingham.co.uk primarily about Barrowman's new CD, Another Side, the subject of Captain Jack is touched upon, about which he says: "I'm not in the Doctor Who Christmas special, but I come back in Series Four, which starts filming after Christmas."
                        The full interview is here.

Could be interesting, after last season's little revelation...

Comment

Squee!
                          Pinky, are you thinking what I'm thinking?
                          Yes, I am!
                          sigpic
                          Improved and unfuzzy banner being the result of more of Caldwell's 2IC sick, yet genuis, mind.
                          Help Pitry win a competition! Listen to Kula Shaker's new single
                          Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

Originally posted by Pitry View Post
                            Squee!
                            Ditto! Yays!
                            Tappity-tap. Tappity-tap.
                            LOVE HIM-> DT
                            ~Proud Member of the Ship Ship Hooray Special Ops Team~

Comment

Originally posted by Naonak View Post
                              It looks like our favourite Captain is coming back for more...

From Outpost Gallifrey:

The full interview is here.

Could be interesting, after last season's little revelation...
                              YES!

Comment

Very very nice.

Comment

Working...
                                X