This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Flying Officer Bennett
    I wonder if K9's new show would be a true childrens show and broadcast on CBBC or something?
    The problem with the original 'K-9 And Company' was that the bbc tried to aim it towards an adult audience. I mean come on, who would want to watch a series about a fake dog made out plywood and spraypainted silver after after working long hours during the day? Thats why it got axed the first time, because people changed the channel after the first 5 minutes. This version is now aimed at a child audience to ease them into the Doctor Who and Torchwood series so it might do well as a childrens after-school show.
    Teselecta: "Silence will fall when the question is asked."

Doctor: "And what is the question?"

Teselecta: "How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?"

Doctor: " *Brainfart* ".

Comment

Originally posted by Billz
      The problem with the original 'K-9 And Company' was that the bbc tried to aim it towards an adult audience. I mean come on, who would want to watch a series about a fake dog made out plywood and spraypainted silver after after working long hours during the day? Thats why it got axed the first time, because people changed the channel after the first 5 minutes. This version is now aimed at a child audience to ease them into the Doctor Who and Torchwood series so it might do well as a childrens after-school show.
      Might even be animated... who knows?

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

I liked the frist K-9 and company, Any way I happy they are toying with the Idea of a spin off
        Tis No Fool to lose what He can not keep, To gain what he will never Lose

Comment

That would be cool, but they need to show the christmas Special, I though this would be the case before they got the seris

Comment

I so excited Just a little over a week

Comment

Originally posted by creed462
              I liked the frist K-9 and company, Any way I happy they are toying with the Idea of a spin off
              I liked it too! And while some may not be too happy about the return of Sarah Jane and K9, I'm excited about it. Of course, who knows when it will air here!

Comment

Would that be a cartoon. I would hate a cartoon version.
                Oh Yes the Sam is Back and hes more Sci-fied up than ever !!!!!!!!!

Coming Soon a new Banner from Me

Comment

It depends on the ratings S1 will get.

Comment

That would be cool, but they need to show the christmas Special, I though this would be the case before they got the seris
                    well a season is 13 eps, so the 14 week gap would allow for it.
                    Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
                    - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

Originally posted by LaCroix
                      Thank you lastro for posting the link for the BBC. Glad to see the Dalek's haven't changed much.
                      My pleasure. A quick note on scheduling, it looks like SciFi has added several Doctor Who AM repeats after the premiere weekend. Its turning into a Doctor Who weekend.

SciFi Schedulebot: http://www.scifi.com/schedulebot/ind...ext=doctor+who

Monday reprise
                      03/20/2006 10:00 AM DOCTOR WHO ROSE
                      03/20/2006 11:00 AM DOCTOR WHO THE END OF THE WORLD

Thursday reprise
                      03/23/2006 12:00 AM DOCTOR WHO ROSE
                      03/23/2006 01:00 AM DOCTOR WHO THE END OF THE WORLD

Monday reprise
                      03/30/2006 10:00 AM DOCTOR WHO THE UNQUIET DEAD

Comment

Yes but they would be showing the Christmas Special in May if they Did that. Perhaps they will show the second season straight after without the special and instead show the special at Christmas.

Comment

Originally posted by Metarock Sam
                          Yes but they would be showing the Christmas Special in May if they Did that. Perhaps they will show the second season straight after without the special and instead show the special at Christmas.
                          The Unquiet Dead also took place during Christmas.

The Christmas Special picks up directly after the events of The Parting of the Ways, so it's kind of necessary to show it in broadcast order.

Comment

Is it supposed to be shown at 10 am and so on. I thought it would be shown in the evening.

Comment

Originally posted by Metarock Sam
                              Is it supposed to be shown at 10 am and so on. I thought it would be shown in the evening.
                              Cable television channels in American tend to rebroadcast shows at different hours to catch people working different schedules.

Comment

Fair point. Like I said earlier really it aldepends on the veiwers ratings for S1

Comment

Working...
                                X