• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Steven Moffat has won the Hugo, again!

• Best Novel: Rainbows End by Vernor Vinge [Tor, 2006]
    • Best Novella: “A Billion Eves” by Robert Reed [Asimov’s Oct/Nov 2006]
    • Best Novelette: “The Djinn’s Wife” by Ian McDonald [Asimov’s July 2006]
    • Best Short Story: “Impossible Dreams” by Tim Pratt [Asimov’s July 2006]
    • Best Related Non-Fiction Book: James Tiptree, Jr.: The Double Life of Alice B Sheldon by Julie Phillips [St. Martin’s Press, 2006]
    • Best Dramatic Presentation, Long Form: Pan’s Labyrinth (2006) Screenplay by Guillermo del Toro. Directed by Guillermo del Toro [Picturehouse]
    • Best Dramatic Presentation, Short Form: Doctor Who - “Girl in the Fireplace” (2006) Written by Steven Moffat. Directed by Euros Lyn [BBC Wales/BBC1]
    • Best Editor, Long Form: Patrick Nielsen Hayden
    • Best Editor, Short Form: Gordon Van Gelder
    • Best Professional Artist: Donato Giancola
    • Best Semiprozine: Locus ed. by Charles N. Brown, Kirsten Gong-Wong and Liza Groen Trombi
    • Best Fanzine: Science-Fiction Five-Yearly ed. by Lee Hoffman, Geri Sullivan, and Randy Byers
    • Best Fan Writer: Dave Langford
    • Best Fan Artist: Frank Wu
    http://www.thehugoawards.org/

And of course he'll win next year for "Blink" as well to make it three in a row.

Comment

He'll definitly win for Blink

Comment

Woo hoo!

If he doesn't win for Blink it'll be cos the panel have got 'give someone else a chance' syndrome.

Madeleine

Comment

Originally posted by Madeleine_W View Post
          Woo hoo!

If he doesn't win for Blink it'll be cos the panel have got 'give someone else a chance' syndrome.
          It is nice to see these things getting it right for a change.

Comment

Questions will be asked in Mr Saxon's parliament if he doesn't win for Blink

Comment

Originally posted by Madeleine_W View Post
              Woo hoo!

Well, that someone else might be Paul Cornell for Human Nature/ Family of Blood

Oh, and Americans/ Aussies, pay attention later today (tomorrow?), apparently there's supposed to be a press release about series 5 today. At least that's what people in OPG are saying.
              Pinky, are you thinking what I'm thinking?
              Yes, I am!
              sigpic
              Improved and unfuzzy banner being the result of more of Caldwell's 2IC sick, yet genuis, mind.
              Help Pitry win a competition! Listen to Kula Shaker's new single
              Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

And,.... they released it now. Typical.

BBC Press Release

Spoiler:
                No regular series in 2009, instead three specials starring Tennant and apparently written by RTD, it isn't that clear. Resuming regular episodes in 2010, hopefully with Tennant - if they're postponing this in order for him to do Hamlet, it amkes sense he'll continue afterwards.
                Yes, I am!
                sigpic
                Improved and unfuzzy banner being the result of more of Caldwell's 2IC sick, yet genuis, mind.
                Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

Good and bad news!

Spoiler:
                  Good because we're getting a season 5 and we'll be seeing more of DT. Bad because we have to wait until 2010 for it.
                  Folding@Home|Babylon 5 Canon Guide

Delenn: This is Ambassador Delenn of the Minbari. Babylon 5 is under our protection. Withdraw,...or be destroyed.
                  Earth Captain: Negative. We have authority here. Do not force us to engage your ship.
                  Delenn: Why not? Only one human captain has ever survived battle with a Minbari fleet. He is behind me. You are in front of me. If you value your lives, be somewhere else.
                  --Babylon 5 - "Severed Dreams"

Comment

Originally posted by Pitry View Post

BBC Press Release

Spoiler:
                    No regular series in 2009, instead three specials starring Tennant and apparently written by RTD, it isn't that clear. Resuming regular episodes in 2010, hopefully with Tennant - if they're postponing this in order for him to do Hamlet, it amkes sense he'll continue afterwards.
                    Hmm... I don't know if I can last a year with only three hours of Who.

But, yeah, if it means more David Tennant, I'm all for it.

Comment

Do we really have to spoiler tag this stuff? Anyway,
                      Spoiler:
                      At least (presumably) it'll be 3 evenly spaced specials, thus no 9 months waits for new episodes. HAZAA!

The center of Khlysty surrounds me

Comment

Originally posted by Pitry View Post

BBC Press Release

Spoiler:
                        Hmm. This news gets a thumbs sideways from me.
                        Spoiler:
                        Y'know, I usually fill with dread when a telly channel starts messing around with the format of one of its shows. I just get the feeling that they don't really care for it any more.

It does seem like the specials are just to allow DT to go do other projects but keep him on board Who. It wouldn't really bother me if DT left the show, to be honest. I'd much rather see a regeneration than have the show disappear off our screens again.

So all there is to look forward to in 2009 are three specials, eh? Short Who is better than no Who, I suppose. Now, if Steven Moffat were to write all three of the episodes, then that would more than make up for the lack of Who on the air.
                        "Captain, you almost make me believe in luck."

Comment

Yea true. But if it postponed for Hamlet. Then I am going to have to work on M+D so we can go and see him. I seemingly remember telling them that if he does play Hamlet, we have to go. Besides we haven't been to the theatre in ages!

EDIT: Just a thought on the mention of Moffat; Please! No 'Will Be continued...' Just three eps all on their own. Not a three parter, or one two parter and a normal episode...
                          Tappity-tap. Tappity-tap.
                          LOVE HIM-> DT
                          ~Proud Member of the Ship Ship Hooray Special Ops Team~

Comment

Continuing... (anyone? voting? is it considered spoilers? I kow therea re peole who woudln't want to know that -casting wise rather than format wise so I'm keeping it in spoilers for the time being...)

Spoiler:
                            We don't know if it's because of David Tennant.....it's possible they want to move Doctor Who to HD and need the break to accommodate the move and/ or practice on the three specials. Or that RTD wants to do other stuff as well - as he's hinted - and that DT simply took adventage of this situation to also get into Hamlet, which is obviuosly somethign any actor wants to do.
                            If it is because of him and he's going to leave anyway in 2010 then yes, Id have rathered they do a regeneration at the end of series 4. However, if the break would have happened anyways, I'm happy we're getting more Tennant, as he's my favourite Doctor and is absolutely brilliant in the role!
                            Yes, I am!
                            sigpic
                            Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

Spoiler:
                              I hope we do get more DT. He's my fave Doctor as well. They might be taking the break to persue other interests and see if they do want to continue Dr Who. RTD could be planning another TV series, that's not Dr Whoish...
                              Tappity-tap. Tappity-tap.
                              LOVE HIM-> DT
                              ~Proud Member of the Ship Ship Hooray Special Ops Team~

Comment

Echoing the sentiment of thumbs sideways.....

Spoiler:
                                A whole year without the regular show! Bright side: David Tennant might return? Yay!

Comment

Working...
                                X