This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BruTak View Post
    Yeah, maybe they're going with a different animation style, and this is just a "proof of concept"?
    For probably at least 6-12 months there's been rumours that part of / all of Wheel's missing episodes have been found, with animation to fill in the rest. Here's hoping that the full story will be - we found 4 out of 4 missing episodes, and therefore abandoned the full animation of episode 1 - but here's what we did before finding the episodes! (One can dream...)
    back on YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/@The-Cosmic-Hobo
    "How Doomsday Should Have Ended!" • "Bigger on the Inside?" • "The Doctor Falls - With Hartnell!"
    "The War Games - In 10 Minutes" • "Announcement of Jon Pertwee's death" •
    and lots more!

Comment

Originally posted by cosmichobo View Post
      Ok - the partial animation of Wheel in Space is the most bizarre news story I’ve heard in years! There’s something going on...
      Yeah, maybe they're going with a different animation style, and this is just a "proof of concept"?
      Would they have coloured it in too, though? Nah, I think they'll be going with the same animation style used for The Power of the Daleks.

Originally posted by Linda06 View Post
      Only one invasion of the bodysnatchers is worth watching and that's the original

I hope you killed that evil thing good
      I've only ever seen the '78 version so for me that is the original.

There's no coming back from where I sent it.

For probably at least 6-12 months there's been rumours that part of / all of Wheel's missing episodes have been found, with animation to fill in the rest. Here's hoping that the full story will be - we found 4 out of 4 missing episodes, and therefore abandoned the full animation of episode 1 - but here's what we did before finding the episodes! (One can dream...)
      Interesting. Hadn't heard that rumour. If that's the case then it might be a release similar to Shada. Time will tell...

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
      K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

What's the latest news on the special?

Last I heard was it'd been filmed and is in post production. But sources vary on whether it'll be a Christmas Special, or a New Year Special.
        sigpic
        Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
        To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
        And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

What's the latest news on the special?

Last I heard was it'd been filmed and is in post production. But sources vary on whether it'll be a Christmas Special, or a New Year Special.
          Nothing concrete yet. Just rumour and speculation. My rule of thumb is this - until it comes officially from the BBC, it isn't real.

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,

Comment

Demons Of The Punjab - New Pictures
            Saturday, 10 November, 2018 - Reported by Marcus

http://www.doctorwhonews.net/2018/11...-pictures.html

A number of new publicity images to promote this week's episode of Doctor Who, Demons Of The Punjab

Demons Of The Punjab

Writer: Vinay Patel
            Director: Jamie Childs

What’s the point of having a mate with a time machine, if you can’t nip back and see your gran when she was younger?”

India, 1947. The Doctor and her friends arrive in the Punjab, as the country is being torn apart. While Yaz attempts to discover her grandmother’s hidden history, the Doctor discovers demons haunting the land. Who are they and what do they want?

This episode will debut on BBC One at 7.00pm.

Main Broadcast Details
            United Kingdom BBC One Sunday 11th November 7.00pm BST
            United States of America BBC America Sunday 11th November 8.00pm EDT
            Canada SPACE Sunday 11th November 8.00pm EDT
            Australia ABC Monday 12th November 6.00pm AEST
            Full listings here

Comment

New Doctor Who Exhibition Planned for Cardiff
              Sunday, 11 November, 2018 - Reported by Marcus

http://www.doctorwhonews.net/2018/11...anned-for.html

A new Doctor Who Exhibition is being planned for the Welsh Capital by BBC Studios in association with Cardiff Council.

The new Experience is currently in development at Cardiff Castle, in the centre of the city, and due to be operational by the summer of 2019.

Cardiff previously hosted a Doctor Who Exhibition at a location near the TV studios where Doctor Who is made. It closed in 2017 leaving Cardiff council taxpayers with a £1.1 million pound bill.

The new location contains a medieval Norman castle as well as a Victorian Gothic revival mansion and is located in the heart of the city.

Comment

Doctor Who: Episodes Nine and Ten
                Wednesday, 14 November, 2018 - Reported by Marcus

http://www.doctorwhonews.net/2018/11...e-and-ten.html

The BBC has released details of Doctor Who Episodes Nine and Ten.

Episode Nine: It Takes You Away

On the edge of a Norwegian fjord, in the present day, The Doctor, Ryan, Graham and Yaz discover a boarded-up cottage and a girl named Hanne in need of their help.

What has happened here?

What monster lurks in the woods around the cottage – and beyond?

Guest starring Ellie Wallwork and Kevin Eldon.

Written by Ed Hime.

Directed by Jamie Childs.

Episode Ten: The Battle of Ranskoor Av Kolos

On the planet of Ranskoor Av Kolos, lies the remains of a brutal battlefield. But as the Doctor, Graham, Yaz and Ryan answer nine separate distress calls, they discover the planet holds far more secrets.

Who is the mysterious commander with no memory? What lies beyond the mists? Who or what are the Ux?

The answers will lead the Doctor and her friends towards a deadly reckoning.

Guest starring Phyllis Logan, Mark Addy and Percelle Ascott.

Written by Chris Chibnall.

Directed by Jamie Childs.

Comment

Chris Eccleston talks a little about his exit from Doctor Who
                  "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Christmas Special Moves to New Year's Day
                    Wednesday, 14 November, 2018 - Reported by Marcus

http://www.doctorwhonews.net/2018/11...years-day.html

Doctor Who Magazine has confirmed that this year's Chrismas Special of Doctor Who will be shown on New Year's Day 2019.

The change is a radical change for the series which has been part of the Christmas Day schedule since the series returned in 2005. The series peaked in 2007 when Kylie Minogue joined the Tenth Doctor in Voyage of the Damned watched by 13.3 million viewers. Last year's Christmas special, Twice Upon A Time, marking the departure of Peter Capaldi as The Doctor, was watched by 7.92 million.

The episode to be shown on New Year's Day will mark the end of Jodie Whittaker's first season as The Doctor. The last episode to be shown on New Year's Day was the second part of The End of Time in 2010 where it had 12.27 million viewers.

Comment

Doctor Who Magazine: Issue 532
                      Thursday, 15 November, 2018 - Reported by Marcus

http://www.doctorwhonews.net/2018/11...issue-532.html

This month's Doctor Who Magazine, Issue 532 talks to new companion Mandip Gill about the risk she took to win the part of Yasmin Khan

I turned down other jobs because I really wanted this… A lot of opportunities came up while I was waiting but my heart was set on Doctor Who.

Also in this issue...
                      • PREVIEWS Looking ahead to the next episodes of Series 11 with writers Chris Chibnall, Ed Hime, Pete McTighe and Joy Wilkinson, and director Sallie Aprahamian.
                      • COSPLAY Doctor Who’s costume designer Ray Holman provides tips on how to cosplay members of Team TARDIS.
                      • OUT OF THE TARDIS The legendary Bernard Cribbins answers questions from the DWM TARDIS tin.
                      • MADAME TUSSAUDS DWM attends the unveiling of the waxwork Thirteenth Doctor in Blackpool.
                      • TARDIS REVOLUTION The second part in a series looking at the evolution of the TARDIS control room.
                      • RATINGS ROUND-UP An in-depth look at the ratings for the first episodes of Series 11.
                      • WHO’S CREW Key members of Doctor Who’s current production team describe their roles.
                      • THE TIME TEAM The Team watches the Thirteenth Doctor’s first episodes.
                      • DAVID SOLOMONS An interview with the author of the new Doctor Who novel The Secret in Vault 13.
                      • EPISODE REVIEWS The verdict on Series 11 episodes Rosa, Arachnids in the UK and The Tsuranga Conundrum.
                      • BLU-RAY PREVIEW Inside the new box set Doctor Who: The Collection – Season 19.
                      • THE WARMONGER The second part of a comic strip adventure featuring the Thirteenth Doctor and her friends.

PLUS...The Blogs of Doom, reviews, news, prize-winning competitions and much more!

Doctor Who Magazine 532 is on sale 15 November, priced £5.99

Last edited by Alan; 15 November 2018, 02:02 AM.

Comment

I welcome the move away from the Christmas Special.
                        back on YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/@The-Cosmic-Hobo
                        "How Doomsday Should Have Ended!" • "Bigger on the Inside?" • "The Doctor Falls - With Hartnell!"
                        "The War Games - In 10 Minutes" • "Announcement of Jon Pertwee's death" •
                        and lots more!

Comment

I welcome the move away from the Christmas Special.
                          I don't mind the move at all. Christmas Day...New Years Day...just as long as it is on then I'm happy.

Comment

I'm happy we still get that extra episode, but it does seem like a copout to act like they have no ideas for Christmas-themed episodes. Really? In all of space, time, and an infinite number of parallel universes, there are only ten Christmas stories that Doctor Who can tell? Come on.
                            "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Kerblam! - This Weekend
                              Friday, 16 November, 2018 - Reported by Marcus

http://www.doctorwhonews.net/2018/11...s-weekend.html

A number of new publicity images to promote this week's episode of Doctor Who, Kerblam!

Kerblam!

Writer: Pete McTighe
                              Director: Jennifer Perrott

Delivery for the Doctor!

A mysterious message arrives in a package addressed to the Doctor, leading her, Graham, Yaz and Ryan to investigate the warehouse moon orbiting Kandoka, and the home of the galaxy’s largest retailer: Kerblam!

This episode will debut on BBC One at 6.30pm.
                              Main Broadcast Details
                              United Kingdom BBC One Sunday 18th November 6.30pm BST
                              United States of America BBC America Sunday 19th November 8.00pm EDT
                              Canada SPACE Sunday 18th November 8.00pm EDT
                              Australia ABC Monday 19th November 6.00pm AEST
                              Full listings here

Comment

Children in Need 2018
                                Saturday, 17 November, 2018 - Reported by Chuck Foster

http://www.doctorwhonews.net/2018/11...need-2018.html

The BBC's annual fundraising evening for Children in Need took place yesterday, and by the end of the evening raised £50,595,053 for the charity!

The evening featured a special treat for nine year old Doctor Who fan Anna, who suffers from cystic fibrosis, when she and her brother Alex got to travel to the TARDIS and meet the cast, and also an exclusive clip from this weekend's adventure, Kerblam!.

You can still donate to Children in Need via their website.

Comment

Working...
                                X