Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Doctor Who: Everything we know about Jodie Whittaker’s new Doctor – UPDATED!

From a new accent and Tardis to a full TEAM of companions, we’re collecting all the info about the Thirteenth Doctor ahead of her first appearance in the Doctor Who 2017 Christmas special

By Huw Fullerton
    Friday, 22nd December 2017 at 10:53 am

Following the announcement in July that Jodie Whittaker will play the first female incarnation of the Doctor in BBC sci-fi series Doctor Who, fans around the world have desperately scrabbled to learn anything at all about the mysterious new Time Lord taking over world-saving duties this year.

Details surrounding the new Doctor are scarce – for now – but we’ve put together a list of the few facts we DO know about the future Tardis owner, who takes over at the end of the 2017 Christmas special.

This article will be updated regularly.

Full Article here: http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2017-...die-whittaker/

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
    K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

A Guide To The First Doctor - Doctor Who

Doctor Who
      Published on 23 Dec 2017

Get up to speed on the First Doctor before his return in Twice Upon A Time. Subscribe to Doctor Who for more exclusive videos: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcO...confirmation=1

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,

Comment

Merry Christmas /
        Happy Holidays,
        Fellow Whovians!!!!

Comment

I saw this first on TV Guide, Peter Capaldi Wrote the Best Christmas Letter to a Sad Doctor Who Fan (linking to Variety article too because it showed the image with the tweet unlike TV Guide):
          Departing Doctor Who Sends Comforting Letter to a 9-Year-Old Fan

Signs by Scifan and me. | My Forum - Planet TV Role Play | My Fan Fiction | My Mini City - Rygel City

Comment

RUMOUR

^ Just thought I should make that clear

Last couple of days, it's been rumoured that the new show logo for the Chibnall/Whittaker era has slipped out. I quite like it, but naturally, I'm taking it with a huge grain of salt.

DSLDb5JW0AA8_X6.jpg
            "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
              RUMOUR

^ Just thought I should make that clear

Last couple of days, it's been rumoured that the new show logo for the Chibnall/Whittaker era has slipped out. I quite like it, but naturally, I'm taking it with a huge grain of salt.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]42517[/ATTACH]
              I'm afraid to say that the logo has been said to be fake by the person that created it. http://www.radiotimes.com/news/tv/20...it-goes-viral/

Comment

Ah...oh well, it was fun while it lasted

(And that was some tasty, tasty salt...)
                "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                  Ah...oh well, it was fun while it lasted

(And that was some tasty, tasty salt...)
                  I know. I'd have been fine with that logo if it had come to pass just as I'd have been fine with this fan concept for the Series 37 title sequence:

Comment

Doctor Who - In Memoriam - 2017
                    Sunday, 31 December, 2017 - Reported by Marcus

http://www.doctorwhonews.net/2017/12...riam-2017.html

Toby Hadoke has produced his annual tribute to all those from the world of Doctor Who whose death we heard about 2017

Comment

I just caught a bit of Antiques Roadshow, and a guy had William Hartnell's original script from "An Unearthly Child".

Value? Between £5000 and £7000.
                      sigpic
                      Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
                      To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
                      And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

Originally posted by BruTak View Post
                        I just caught a bit of Antiques Roadshow, and a guy had William Hartnell's original script from "An Unearthly Child".

Value? Between £5000 and £7000.
                        WOW!!!

Comment

Happy
                          &
                          Healthy
                          N
                          ew
                          Year
                          Fellow Whovians!!!!
                          All the best in 2018!!!!

Comment

Steven Moffat On Writing For Doctor Who, Weeping Angels & MORE! - Doctor Who: The Fan Show

Doctor Who
                            Published on 5 Jan 2018

Christel Dee talks to Steven Moffat about writing Doctor Who for Russell T Davies, creating the Weeping Angels and much more in the first instalment of this three-part interview looking back at his time on Doctor Who.

Subscribe for more exclusive videos: http://bit.ly/SubscribeToDoctorWho
                            WATCH MORE DOCTOR WHO: The Thirteenth Doctor: http://bit.ly/TheThirteenthDoctor
                            The Twelfth Doctor: http://bit.ly/TheTwelfthDoctor
                            The Aftershow: http://bit.ly/DWTheAftershowS10
                            EXTENDED PODCAST INTERVIEW: http://bit.ly/StevenMoffatFinalInterv...

STEVEN MOFFAT'S FINAL INTERVIEW - PART ONE This is the first instalment of a three part interview looking back at Steven Moffat's time on Doctor Who. Steven has been writing for Doctor Who since 2004 (The Empty Child/The Doctor Dances, The Girl In The Fireplace, Blink, Silence In The Library/The Forest of the Dead) and between 2010 and 2017 he was the show runner responsible for the Eleventh and Twelfth Doctor (Matt Smith and Peter Capaldi) eras of the show, as well as penning the 50th anniversary special The Day of the Doctor, introducing John Hurt as the War Doctor.

Comment

New look at Jodie Whittaker’s Doctor Who costume
                              New pictures have emerged of the eagerly-anticipated new Time Lord - and she's looking a LITTLE different this time...

Sunday, 7th January 2018 at 3:30 pm

http://www.radiotimes.com/news/tv/20...r-who-costume/

A few months ago, the first look at Jodie Whittaker’s Doctor Who costume was revealed and it’s fair to say there was a lot to digest in it.

But it wasn’t until later that we learned one crucial detail wasn’t as it seemed, with the new Thirteenth Doctor’s coat actually a shade of light blue rather than the brown or beige it appears in the official photo.

Now, a new photos of the current Time Lord’s outfit have emerged on Twitter as part of an upcoming feature in the official Doctor Magazine that show Whittaker in all her glory – and as rumoured, her coat IS blue after all.

Doctor Who Magazine?Verified account @DWMtweets

Jodie Whittaker is the Doctor! The next issue of DWM will be out on Thursday 11 January.

12:20 AM - 7 Jan 2018

Girly Letters? @GirlyLetters

Someone DMed me this. It seems someone got an advance copy of DWM #DoctorWho

7:12 AM - 7 Jan 2018

Apart from that, there’ not much to glean from these photos, but it’s another step forward in the exciting march towards Whittaker’s first Doctor Who series this autumn. We can hardly wait to see her in action.

Doctor Who Magazine’s latest issue will be on sale from Thursday 11th January, and will include interviews with Jodie Whittaker and new showrunner Chris Chibnall

Comment

The costume has grown on me a little.... Though the very first time I saw it I just could not resist the urge to say "nanu nanu" to the screen. Mork would have made a good companion.
                                Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X