X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Return of an old Foe
    Wednesday, 01 February, 2017 - Reported by Marcus

http://www.doctorwhonews.net/2017/02...f-old-foe.html

The BBC has announced the return of an old enemy of the Doctor in the upcoming series of Doctor Who

Series 10 starts on 15th April.

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
    K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

Timeline to Series Eleven (aka Series 37)
      Wednesday, 01 February, 2017 - Reported by Marcus

http://www.doctorwhonews.net/2017/02...es-eleven.html

BBC Sources have indicated that next year's series of Doctor Who, the first with the thirteenth Doctor, will be broadcast in the Autumn of 2018.

New showrunner Chris Chibnall is currently still working on season three of his ITV crime drama Broadchurch, which is currently being edited and will premiere in the UK on 27 February.

Chibnall told RadioTimes.com that he has not yet been able to fully dedicate himself to Doctor Who. After finishing work on Broadchurch he intends to take a holiday before launching into Doctor Who.

Chibnall will lead the team searching for the new Doctor, although the choice will need to be agreed by the BBC director of content Charlotte Moore and head of drama and former Doctor Who Executive Producer Piers Wenger. It is expected that a new Doctor will not be announced before the Autumn, with the new Doctor making their debut at the end of the 2017 Christmas Special.

Sources told RadioTimes that the first Chibnall series will begin filming at the start of 2018 for transmission in the Autumn.

Series 10 (aka Series 36) of Doctor Who, the last full series starring Peter Capaldi. is currently in production and will begin transmission on 15th April.

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,

Comment

Another year and a half break. I am not surprised, but I continue to be dismayed at how DW and its fans appear to be being taken for granted.
        "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
          Another year and a half break. I am not surprised, but I continue to be dismayed at how DW and its fans appear to be being taken for granted.
          Feeling a little bit like we've entered into the Colin Baker era of Who again, maybe?

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Admittedly, that was a little before my time
            "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Mine too. But I still know how it went down...

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

*Tuts* I'm surrounded by children! (Says the old man of 46)
                sigpic
                Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
                To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
                And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

Look Who's Back - Doctor Who

Doctor Who
                  Published on 6 Feb 2017

Missy is back for another brush with the Doctor!

Comment

Doctor Who Magazine - Issue 509
                    Thursday, 09 February, 2017 - Reported by Marcus

http://www.doctorwhonews.net/2017/02...issue-509.html

The latest edition of Doctor Who Magazine talks to self-confessed Doctor Who fan Rufus Hound – Sam Swift the Quick in 2015’s The Woman Who Lived, and most recently the latest incarnation of the Meddling Monk for Big Finish – about how he enjoyed being part of something he personally loves so much…
                    All my anxiety dissipated within the first two hours of arriving. I have never worked with a crew that was more like a family. I have never worked alongside actors who took the work seriously, but themselves not terribly seriously, as was true of Maisie [Williams] and Peter [Capaldi], who I spent most of my time with. The director [Ed Bazalgette] was tremendous, the producer [Derek Ritchie] was brilliant. Everybody in make-up and costume were having a right old laugh. All the camera crew and whatever were offering up shots and angles, being creative and given license to be creative, license to turn in their best work.

ALSO IN THIS ISSUE…
                    • ASK STEVEN! Doctor Who's showrunner Steven Moffat answers readers’ burning questions.
                    • INDEFINABLE MAGIC The weird world of the supernatural in the Doctor Who universe...
                    • DOOM COALITION 4 The Eighth Doctor, River Song, the Meddling Monk and the Weeping Angels all feature in the brand new audio box set Doom Coalition 4!
                    • RODNEY BENNETT TRIBUTE DWM pays tribute to Rodney Bennett, the director who oversaw three very different productions during the early years of Tom Baker’s tenure as the Doctor.
                    • DOORWAY TO HELL The original Master is back! Find out what he's up to in Part Two of our brand-new comic strip, written by Mark Wright and illustrated by Staz Johnson.
                    • THE MUTANTS In this issue’s Fact of Fiction, the Third Doctor and Jo Grant are sent on a mission that will affect the evolution of an entire planet, as we take a look at this 1972 adventure.
                    • THE IMPOSSIBLE ASTRONAUT Space 1969 awaits for the Doctor, Amy, Rory and River Song as the Time Team reach the 2011 season-opener in their mission to watch every episode of Doctor Who.
                    • REVIEWS DWM reviews the latest book, audio and DVD releases in the world of Doctor Who.
                    • COMING SOON Previews of all the latest Doctor Who CD and book releases.

PLUS! All the latest official news, competitions, the DWM crossword, and our annual survey poll.

Doctor Who Magazine 509 is on sale from Thursday 9 February, price £5.99.

Comment

That teaser was quite something.
                      "I have never understood why it should be necessary to become irrational in order to prove that you care... or why it should be necessary to prove it at all."

Comment

A Time of Heroes - Doctor Who: Series 10 (aka Series 36) Trailer - BBC One

Comment

Mondasian Cybermen Return
                          Monday, 06 March, 2017 - Reported by Marcus

http://www.doctorwhonews.net/2017/03...en-return.html

Filming has started on the final block of Series 10 of Doctor Who, and the BBC have released a picture showing the Doctor, as played by Peter Capaldi, being menaced by the Mondasian Cybermen.

The original version of the Cybermen will feature in the final two episodes of the season, written by Steven Moffat and directed by Rachel Talalay. They first appeared in the final First Doctor story, The Tenth Planet, broadcast over 50 years ago.

The series returns on 15th April.

Comment

Well this is interesting then. I had just assumed that the Cybermen seen in A Good Man Goes to War (the alt universe/Cybus design minus the C on the chest) and the design evolution we saw in Nightmare in Silver were simply the Mondas/Telos Cybermen, but with a new aesthetic as decided upon by the revived series staff.

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                              Well this is interesting then. I had just assumed that the Cybermen seen in A Good Man Goes to War (the alt universe/Cybus design minus the C on the chest) and the design evolution we saw in Nightmare in Silver were simply the Mondas/Telos Cybermen, but with a new aesthetic as decided upon by the revived series staff.
                              The idea(as presented by Neil Gaiman) was that the parallel universe Cybermen and the Mondasian Cybermen teamed up and that the current incarnation are hybrids.
                              "I have never understood why it should be necessary to become irrational in order to prove that you care... or why it should be necessary to prove it at all."

Comment

New Series Image and trailer
                                Monday, 13 March, 2017 - Reported by Marcus

http://www.doctorwhonews.net/2017/03...d-trailer.html

A new Doctor Who Series 10 (aka Series 36) Image has been released by the BBC who have confirmed the first episode will be titled The Pilot.

A new a 60-second trailer for the series will be shown on BBC One tonight during half-time of the FA Cup quarter final match between Chelsea and Manchester United.

The image features Peter Capaldi as The Doctor, with Pearl Mackie as his new companion Bill Potts, and Matt Lucas as Nardole.

Doctor Who returns to BBC One on Saturday 15 April.

Comment

Working...
                                X