Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In other news, I've had it confirmed that Ben Aaronovitch will not - repeat NOT - be writing an episode for the 2017 series of Doctor Who.

Shame really, he's a brilliant writer.
    sigpic
    Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
    To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
    And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

Originally posted by BruTak View Post
      In other news, I've had it confirmed that Ben Aaronovitch will not - repeat NOT - be writing an episode for the 2017 series of Doctor Who.

Shame really, he's a brilliant writer.
      That is a shame that Ben won't be involved in writing for the next series. But there's always the off-chance of writing for a future series. So here's to looking forward to that possibility and also learning who they have brought back.

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
      K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

Exclusive: Class star Sophie Hopkins reveals all on possible Doctor Who crossovers - and those Buffy comparisons

"I know all the lyrics to the Buffy musical. Like... I'm a fan. "

By Morgan Jeffery
        21 October 2016

http://www.digitalspy.com/tv/class/n...ho-crossovers/

Class might be a spin-off from Doctor Who, but don't expect a ton of crossovers. At least, not yet.
        Sophie Hopkins, who plays April on BBC Three's new series, told Digital Spy that she wants Class to establish itself for a series or two before repeating Peter Capaldi's cameo in the first episode.

"I know they are very much trying to keep Class a separate show," she said. "I think the end goal is for people to be able to watch Class and love it, and then discover Doctor Who through us. Though most people have heard of Doctor Who, so we're hindered there!

"I think we'd all love a little cameo in Doctor WhoTorchwood did it and it was really exciting when Jack would pop up in Doctor Who and I think we'd all certainly love it.

"But I think they're going to establish Class as its own show, for definitely this season and probably the next... then we'll talk Doctor Who!"

The next? Yes - Hopkins (like her co-star Greg Austin) thinks there's absolutely a good chance we'll see a second series of Class.

"I can't wait to see the characters' journeys and how much more efficiently they kick butt!" she laughed. "The first series, they're definitely discovering new skills and I can't wait to see how it'll turn out."
        © BBC/Simon Ridgeway

Class is set at Coal Hill Academy – a school that's featured on Doctor Who from the very first episode back in 1963 – and follows four teens and their mysterious teacher Miss Quill (Katherine Kelly) as they battle threats from across time and space.

Hopkins told us that the series "does contain adult themes" and said the audience for the show will be "starting with teenagers and going upwards".

"I wouldn't watch it with my baby niece or my grandparents, probably! It does get dark, and stylistically, it's quite dark – the way it looks, and the art direction and everything...

"It sets a tone for the show and you do see blood, there is gore, and you see what you'd really be seeing if a monster was skinning people!"

That mixture of horror, humour and a school setting has seen Class compared to early Buffy the Vampire Slayer – which Hopkins calls "an honour".

"I loved Buffy and would watch it weekly as a kid. I think I know all the lyrics to the Buffy musical. Like... I'm a fan!

"That actually was in our casting brief, when we were auditioning, that it's aiming to be a British Buffy, so for me, it was like... tick! On-board!

© BBC/Simon Ridgeway

"If I were to compare to anything, it would be Buffy – but it is very much its own show and it's not copying any style. By the end of the series, it really comes into its own and I can't wait for it to be as huge as Buffy – and Doctor Who – is worldwide."

Any chance though of a Class musical episode, following in Buffy's footsteps?

"We've joked about there being a musical: Greg and I are always dancing, and Fady [Elsayed, who plays Ram] is always singing. So I think it could work! Watch this space..."

Class launches with a double bill tomorrow at 10am on BBC Three.

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,

Comment

I wish there was a Doctor Who musical episode.
          "I have never understood why it should be necessary to become irrational in order to prove that you care... or why it should be necessary to prove it at all."

Comment

I bloody don't. Can't bloody stand musicals.
            sigpic
            Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,

Comment

Where to watch Doctor Who spin-off Class around the world
              The series will be available to watch from October – although if you're in the United States, you'll have to wait a lot longer...
              By Radio Times staff
              Friday 21 October 2016 at 12:31PM

http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2016-...ound-the-world

Doctor Who spin-off Class is here: the first two episodes will be available to watch in the UK on BBC iPlayer from 10am Saturday 22 October. But what about Doctor Who fans around the world who want to know what all the fuss is about?

Well, there's good news and bad news. The good news is that loads of countries will be able to watch the new series. The bad news? Some countries (well, one in particular) might have to wait quite a long time...

How to watch Class in the US

Sorry to break it to you, US Whovians: the new series won't be available to watch in the States until 2017 on BBC America. So if there is some kind of Who Christmas special/Class crossover, it might be quite confusing...

Where to watch Class around the world

Check out the list of countries showing the new BBC series – and when they are released.

Class in Canada: Every Saturday at 9pm EST from 22 October on the Space Channel

Class in Australia: Saturday at 8.15pm AET from 22 October on iView, with the remaining episodes being released at 8pm every following Saturday. The show will also air every Monday from 24 October on ABC2.

Class in Turkey: Every Saturday at 12pm EET from 22 October on TLC

Class in Dubai: Every Saturday at 7pm GST from 22 October on BBC First

Class in Singapore: Every Saturday at 5pm SGT from 22 October on BBC Player and every Sunday from 23 October at 3pm SGT on BBC First

Class in Hong Kong: Episodes 1-3 available on 1 November, followed by the remaining episodes every Saturday at 3pm HKT from 5 November on BBC First on NowTV and MyTV Super

Comment

Patrick Ness: The perfect writer - Class: Behind the scenes - BBC Three

Comment

One hour to go before Class comes online, folks.
                  sigpic

Comment

Last edited by Alan; 22 October 2016, 12:05 PM.

Comment

Did you spot this Doctor Who legend's cameo in Class?
                      http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2016-...cameo-in-class

Comment

Doctor Who's Jon Pertwee is honoured with a blue plaque
                        http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2016-...-a-blue-plaque

Comment

Quickfire questions with Patrick Ness - Class: Behind the scenes - BBC Three

Comment

The Torchwood Archive Trailer - Torchwood

Comment

Class: Episode 3 Trailer - BBC Three

Comment

Class- Episode 3 - Nightvisiting
                                Tuesday, 25 October, 2016 - Reported by Marcus

http://www.doctorwhonews.net/2016/10...tvisiting.html

The BBC have released a new set of pictures from the third episode of Class, Nightvisiting.

The episode is released on BBC Three next Saturday, after which it will be released around the world. Full Details
                                Class Episode Three; Nightvisiting

London is infiltrated by an eerie alien with the ability to morph into the shape of lost loved ones.
                                Tanya has an unexpected visitor come to her window in the dead of night - and she's not the only one, as Ram and Miss Quill face their own startling visitors.
                                Confronted with these emotional encounters, the team must overcome the persuasion of this strange new threat, and battle through the streets to stop Tanya from being lost forever.

Comment

Working...
                                X