• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Doctor Who and Class to appear at New York Comic Con
    Thursday 18 August 2016, 17:15

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/doctorwho...8-8eb93a91b53f

The Doctor Who Team

Doctor Who and new spin-off Class will appear in panels at New York Comic Con this October. The Doctor Who panel includes stars Peter Capaldi and Pearl Mackie, as well as Steven Moffat and executive producer Brian Minchin. The Class panel includes stars Greg Austin, Fady Elsayed, Sophie Hopkins and Vivian Oparah, as well as writer, creator and executive producer Patrick Ness and executive producer Brian Minchin.

Peter Capaldi will make his New York Comic Con debut along with the first ever appearance by new co-star Pearl Mackie, who joins the series as Bill, the Doctor’s new companion. When Pearl joined the cast, Emmy-winning lead writer and executive producer Steven Moffat teased “a new voyage is about to begin” and “this is where the story really starts.” Fans will get a sneak peek of what’s ahead including the upcoming Christmas Special this December and hints on what’s in store for Steven Moffat’s final season as showrunner.

There will also be a panel at New York Comic Con for the new series Class, a Doctor Who spin-off set in Shoreditch, London. Four Coal Hill School students who have hidden secrets and desires, navigate a life of friends, parents, school work, sex, sorrow – and possibly the end of existence. Fear is coming, tragedy is coming, war is coming.

Coal Hill School has been a part of the Doctor Who universe since the very beginning, but that has come at a price. Time travelling over the years has caused the very walls of space and time to become thin. There’s something pressing in on the other side, something waiting for its chance to kill everyone and everything, to bring us all into Shadow.

Find out more information about Class and meet the cast in 360°.

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
    K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

Who is the Doctor Who companion in this year’s Christmas special?
      Will Bill make an early appearance, or could a familiar face be making a comeback?

http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2016-...istmas-special

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,

Comment

Matt Lucas is returning to Doctor Who for one very simple reason
        Ya don't ask, ya don't get.?

http://www.digitalspy.com/tv/doctor-...simple-reason/

© Matthew Horwood / Getty Images

By Morgan Jeffery
        26 August 2016

So it turns out getting booked on a big show like Doctor Who doesn't always involve complex contract negotiations and internal tussles.

In the new issue of Doctor Who Magazine, showrunner Steven Moffat revealed that Matt Lucas is returning to the show for one very simple reason...

He asked.

It was revealed back in June that Lucas will be reprising his part of Nardole, joining Peter Capaldi and Pearl Mackie for series 10 of the BBC hit.

Moffat revealed: "I decided Nardole should return to Doctor Who when Matt Lucas got in touch saying, 'I loved being in that show. Can I come back?'

© Matthew Horwood / Getty Images

"I sat there thinking, 'Okay, so this guy who's out in LA being offered every kind of pilot and every kind of career advancement has basically decided that instead of all that wealth and spectacular success, he'd rather go to Cardiff and make Doctor Who.'

"I thought, 'He is of my kind. He belongs to our world.' And so now that was an opportunity – given that it was in front of me and possible – I decided to import the best comic timing I've ever seen into Doctor Who on a regular basis."

Blimey. So there you go.

© BBC Pictures Simon Ridgway

Of course, Nardole – a future human – had his head removed by the wicked King Hydroflax in Doctor Who's 2015 Christmas special, 'The Husbands of River Song'.

So quite how he finds himself back in one piece for series 10 is a mystery. Wibbly-wobbly, timey-wimey?
        Doctor Who will return to BBC One this December for a Christmas special, with series 10 to follow in 2017.

Doctor Who Magazine issue 503 is on sale now, price £5.99.

See Matt Lucas join in the fun as he begins filming on Doctor Who right here:
        Last edited by Alan; 26 August 2016, 06:17 AM.

Comment

I would've been happier if he stayed in the US. But what's done is done.
          sigpic
          Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
          To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
          And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

blah blah blah...When is The 5(ish) Doctors getting a DVD release?
            I like Sharky
            sigpic

Comment

It's on the 50th Anniversary box set.
              sigpic
              Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
              To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
              And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

What!? I have to get the WHOLE THING to get the one bit I ACTUALLY WANT!?

The BBC is EVIL!!!!!!!!!!!!
                I like Sharky
                sigpic

Comment

You don't want the 50th anniversary...?
                  "I have never understood why it should be necessary to become irrational in order to prove that you care... or why it should be necessary to prove it at all."

Comment

I like Sharky
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BruTak View Post
                      I would've been happier if he stayed in the US. But what's done is done.
                      I'm with you on that. *sigh* As you say, we'll just have to put up with it.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dipsofjazz View Post
                        I'm with you on that. *sigh* As you say, we'll just have to put up with it.
                        I'll take a hundred Nardoles over more Clara.
                        "I have never understood why it should be necessary to become irrational in order to prove that you care... or why it should be necessary to prove it at all."

Comment

New Image for Class
                          Thursday, 01 September, 2016 - Reported by Marcus

The BBC has released a new image from the Doctor Who Spin-Off Series, Class

http://www.doctorwhonews.net/2016/09...for-class.html

The image shows the characters Miss Quill, played by Katherine Kelly, and April played by Sophie Hopkins.

The image marks the end of four months filming on the new series, written by aclaimed author, Patrick Ness.

Class is set in Coal Hill School, originally seen in the very first episode of Doctor Who, screened in 1963. The series will follow the adventures of the school's sixth-formers, who deal with the stresses of everyday life, including friends, parents, school work, sex, and sorrow, but also the horrors that come from association with The Doctor.

Class is due to be released on the BBC Three Digital Channel this Autumn. It will later be broadcast on BBC One. The series will also be screened on BBC America.

Comment

Meet the Doctor in Toronto
                            Thursday, 01 September, 2016 - Reported by Marcus

http://www.doctorwhonews.net/2016/09...n-toronto.html

Peter Capaldi and Pearl Mackie will be heading to Canada next month and SPACE are offering fans a chance to meet their heroes at a special event in Toronto. The team will also be appearing on a special edition of Space’s flagship daily entertainment talk show, InnerSpace.

The special event will also feature showrunner Steven Moffat and Executive producer Brian Minchin. It takes place on October 5.

Tickets are only being given away through contests, with the first contest taking place this weekend at Fan Expo Canada.

One prize consists of two tickets to the event. One ticket includes One meet and greet with the Doctor Who team in attendance and one ticket to the taping of InnerSpace Presents: Doctor Who.

To enter you need to follow Space on Twitter for a daily riddle and then head to the Space Booth at Fan Expo Canada. Entrants must be 19 or older.

There will be four riddles (one each day), so four chances to enter via riddle.

A fifth chance to win is by signing up to the CraveTV newsletter, also at the Space Booth, when you’ll be entered into an additional draw.

Comment

Class has officially finished filming – and Pearl Mackie crashed the wrap party

We'll be seeing the BBC3 series very, very soon

http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2016-...the-wrap-party

Comment

Torchwood celebrates its 10th birthday with ambitious new audio play
                                You read that right: the
                                Doctor Who spin-off is a decade old

http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2016-...new-audio-play

Comment

Working...
                                X