X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Moffat On Successor: That Is An Issue, One I’m Actively Engaged In

http://www.doctorwhotv.co.uk/moffat-...d-in-78459.htm

Steven Moffat has spoken about his future on Doctor Who and indicates that the right person to take over has still not emerged.

“That is an issue and one I’m actively engaged in but I can’t say much about that,” he told the Radio Times. “Everything is difficult in Doctor Who, including leaving, and I would never do anything to harm it. I would never leave it in the lurch because it means too much to me. Yes, it’s a problem. Let’s not pretend it’s not a big problem. But there will be a solution.

“In terms of the emotional difficulty of leaving, it’s hard … I take it a year at a time and that’s the only answer I’ll ever give on that one. How hard [will it be to give up], I don’t know … I won’t be leaving because I’m suddenly miserable. It’ll be because I want to do something else. ”

On whether he will continue to write for the show once he has left: “I’ve no idea until I’m there. I mean, I can understand Russell [T Davies not doing it]. I’m gobsmacked by how much Doctor Who I’ve written – an insane amount.”

He also spoke about this year’s ratings taking a hit: “I don’t want to get on anyone’s case but that wasn’t our best-run launch. This year is not a new Doctor year, it’s not an anniversary, or a new companion year. We can just concentrate on making Doctor Who, which is quite nice in a way. But it’s dangerous when you don’t have that special extra bit to launch a show with. The way it always goes is our highest episode is the first one, but this is the first year we’ve gone up mid-season – after the rugby died down. Our ratings went up with episode five. ”

On the next companion: “I’m beginning to have an idea of the kind of person, specific ideas but not a specific actress. A new companion gives us the chance to launch the show again. It began in 1963 with the story of Ian and Barbara and then in 2005 with Rose Tyler. Arguably it begins again with the story of Amy Pond. You can recruit new viewers when somebody else meets the Doctor. And I think we’ve got a really cool new idea about how to do that. “

Comment

DWM have tweeted one side of the poster they are issuing with DWM494.

https://twitter.com/DWMtweets/status/671782472493961216

Comment

Promo pics for The Husbands of River Song

http://blogtorwho.blogspot.co.uk/201...-husbands.html

Comment

That robot looks like it was recycled from Dinosaurs in Space.
          No Sam w/o a Jack and no Jack w/o a Sam.
          It's like and immutable law of the multiverse.

Comment

I was thinking that that robot might have some sort of close relationship to the Red Robot from The Sarah Jane Adventures Series 4 episode The Empty Planet. Would be cool if there was some kind of loosely connected link between them!

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
            K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

Originally posted by iiradned View Post
              That robot looks like it was recycled from Dinosaurs in Space.
              Originally posted by Alan View Post
              I was thinking that that robot might have some sort of close relationship to the Red Robot from The Sarah Jane Adventures Series 4 episode The Empty Planet. Would be cool if there was some kind of loosely connected link between them!
              I may be misremembering, but I think in both cases the robot costume was reused/repainted/recycled from a CCBC sci-fi themed game show called "Mission 2110" which was broadcast around five years or so ago.
              sigpic
              Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
              To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
              And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

OMG!!!!!!

Clip from Hell Bent! It's fantastic!!!!!!

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
                The Capitol!! The Lord President!!! The Cloister bells!!!!! The Matrix!!!!!!!

This is going to be amazing!
                Last edited by Blencathra; 03 December 2015, 04:53 AM.

Comment

To paraphrase Stilgar... "We have hype the likes of which even GOD has never seen!"
                  "I have never understood why it should be necessary to become irrational in order to prove that you care... or why it should be necessary to prove it at all."

Comment

More promo images for The Husbands of River Song

Greg Davies as King Hydroflax, Matt Lucas as Nardole, the 12th Doctor & River Song's arm with a better view of her fish slice, pizza cutter, sonic trowel.

http://who-natic.blogspot.co.uk/2015...medium=twitter

Comment

Ive let myself watch the clip, but NO MORE! I will wait one more day...

Comment

Originally posted by Teddybrown View Post
                        Ive let myself watch the clip, but NO MORE! I will wait one more day...
                        Same here Teddy. I've watched the clip but I am not reading any reviews (except the one in DWM) or hints or teasers.

Here's one review we can all read though - of the LEGO Doctor Who set.

http://blogtorwho.blogspot.co.uk/201...octor-who.html

Comment

Doctor Who: New Ninth Doctor Series From Titan Comics
                          by David Hill

http://doctorwhowatch.com/2015/12/04...-titan-comics/

Christopher Eccleston may not be returning to Doctor Who at any point, but that does not mean that the adventures of the Ninth Doctor have ended.

Christopher Eccleston’s time on Doctor Who lasted only one season, but he still has a devoted legion of fans. Despite his statements indicating that he will not return, and the continued refusals to even discuss his time on the show, one can still dream of a scenario where he changes his mind.

Until that point, all that was really left were reruns of Series One and the occasional comic. Unfortunately, even the stories in the comics have to end at some point. However, Titan Comics has announced that a new series, featuring the Ninth Doctor, Rose Tyler and Captain Jack, will be coming out in April 2016.

There are few details available at this point, as can be seen by the announcement. There is a working title, Doctormania, and that a letters page will be added to the comic. Aside from that, author Cavan Scott has indicated that there will be a few familiar faces and new enemies for the Doctor to be facing.

The posting also references the success of the latest series, Weapons of Past Destruction. That series, which is coming to a close, has done quite well as the fans of the Ninth Doctor have been supportive of the effort. This new series, launching in just a few months, will provide yet another adventure for the Ninth Doctor, allowing new action for his fans to latch on to.

Unless Eccleston relents and decides to come back to Doctor Who, which almost happened for the 50th Anniversary, these comic adventures will be the only way to get new material for the Ninth Doctor. Even if he does not return to the show itself, reprising his role for a couple of Big Finish adventures would certainly be amazing. Unfortunately, that also would seem highly unlikely at best.

Titan Comics is keeping the Ninth Doctor alive, and with new adventures to boot. As a fan of the Ninth Doctor, I’m looking forward to seeing Rose, Captain Jack and he back in action once again.

In honour of this brilliant news...

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
                          K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

Loads of glorious promo pics from The Husbands of River Song.

http://blogtorwho.blogspot.co.uk/201...pecial_44.html

Comment

Doctor Who 2015 Christmas Special interviews - Peter Capaldi & Steven Moffat

http://blogtorwho.blogspot.co.uk/201...s-special.html

Last month, Blogtor had the pleasure of sitting with actor Peter Capaldi (The Doctor) and Doctor Who showrunner Steven Moffat to chat about this year's Christmas Special, The Husbands of River Song.

First up, Capaldi and Moffat discussed the long-awaited return of the much-loved River Song, as played by Alex Kingston. This is what they had to say.

Spoiler:

PC: "She doesn’t know it’s me. I keep trying to convince her, so that’s fun. I get to see her behave, flirt with all kinds of people in an inappropriate way. I’m rather shocked by it!

Finally, I convince her that it’s me, she’s slightly disappointed - ‘What’s happened to my husband!? He’s aged terribly. [Laughs]"

SM: "Every year I have to contemplate this might be the last one I write. The last one - I thought let’s get River and that would sort of bring me full circle.

But also, and much more importantly, I was very, very tired and Brian [Minchin, executive producer] was asking what we going to do for Christmas and it just cheered me up, the idea that River could be in it because I hadn’t written for years and I love writing River.

Also, Russell’s [T Davies, former Doctor Who showrunner] been at me for a while. [Adopts RTD impression] ‘You can’t write her out yet! Capaldi and Kingston - it’s a sex storm!’ It’s not called ‘Sex Storm.' [Laughs]

They are very sexy together, of course."

Both Peter and Steven moved on to discuss the tone of this year's Doctor Who Christmas Special, which has already been described as a "romp."

PC: "It’s more kind of festive fare [than Last Christmas]. Though I like a good scare - the ghost story at Christmas. It’s much more fun, it isn’t as frightening. It’s Doctor Who in a more comic sort of vein, with lots of snow and Dickensian streets and monsters and flying saucers."

SM: "I think this is quite a funny Christmas special. Last year, although Father Christmas was in it, it was actually quite dark. This series itself goes quite dark at the end so we bring back up at the end. It’s mainly about them [The Doctor and River], it’s mainly one huge long domestic in space with a big robot.

The Beeb, quite rightly, are insistent that it’s Christmassy, properly Christmassy. You have to be aware that some bastards are dragged screaming into the living room to watch Doctor Who when normally they’re excused that duty. [Laughs] So you want to be accessible to them."

I asked Steven if comedians Greg Davies (The Inbetweeners) and Matt Lucas (Little Britain) figured in the writing process from the beginning.

"I didn’t have them in mind particularly, no. Those were our first outlandish ideas and, on that occasion, it happened! It’s not even a very big part for Matt but he was available, he had a gap in his schedule, he fancied showing off on Christmas Day."

Comment

A sneak peak at the new sonic.

Comment

Working...
                                X