Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First footage of the Christmas special, The Husbands of River Song, in the BBC Showreel.

The Husbands of River Song promo pic, synopsis & vid at the link. There are two snippets of Doctor Who at 0:17 and 1:18 in the trailer.

http://www.doctorwhotv.co.uk/2015-ch...-pic-78647.htm

Spoiler:

Doctor: What do you think by the way?

River: Of what?

Doctor: My new body.

River: I don’t know yet, I’ve only seen the face.

Originally posted by Alan View Post
    It could very well be a sonic archaeology trowel. I wouldn't put it past her to have one.

I'm also wondering about what the Doctor is carrying in that satchel? Maybe something River's dug up...or maybe its a dimensionally transcendental bag and all of our presents are in there? *crosses fingers hoping for question mark underwear and a replica of the Doctor's new sonic*
    LOL!

Funny you should mention the satchel...

Promo pic for Hell Bent at the link. [You will have seen it Alan, it's in the latest DWM - Blen]

https://c2.staticflickr.com/6/5737/2...f1596e89_k.jpg
    Last edited by Blencathra; 01 December 2015, 04:00 AM.

Comment

I found a rather blurry pic of the new sonic.

Spoiler:

I like it.

Edit - Actually studying it, I don't know if they are the same. We'll see.
      Last edited by Blencathra; 01 December 2015, 04:02 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Blencathra View Post
        First footage of the Christmas special, The Husbands of River Song, in the BBC Showreel.

The Husbands of River Song promo pic, synopsis & vid at the link. There are two snippets of Doctor Who at 0:17 and 1:18 in the trailer.

http://www.doctorwhotv.co.uk/2015-ch...-pic-78647.htm

Spoiler:

Doctor: What do you think by the way?

River: Of what?

Doctor: My new body.

River: I don’t know yet, I’ve only seen the face.

LOL!

Funny you should mention the satchel...

Promo pic for Hell Bent at the link. [You will have seen it Alan, it's in the latest DWM - Blen]

https://c2.staticflickr.com/6/5737/2...f1596e89_k.jpg
        That's really curious. Maybe its become an addition to his look like that bag the 8th Doctor has in those new promo photos and suggest he carries around with him in BF's Dark Eyes and Doom Coalition stories?

I found a rather blurry pic of the new sonic.

Spoiler:

I like it.

Pretty swish!

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
        K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

Originally posted by Alan View Post
          That's really curious. Maybe its become an addition to his look like that bag the 8th Doctor has in those new promo photos and suggest he carries around with him in BF's Dark Eyes and Doom Coalition stories?
          Could be. Sort of the 12th Doctor equivalent of this. Though I do like your idea of him carrying all his question mark grundies around in there.

Pretty swish!
          I'm not certain the pic is of the same screwdriver. But I have to say the new one looks great!

Comment

Could be. Sort of the 12th Doctor equivalent of this. Though I do like your idea of him carrying all his question mark grundies around in there.

Those are the pics I'm thinking of. And I suggested that he carries around his spare underwear in a carry bag? I'm beginning to wish I hadn't. LOL

I'm not certain the pic is of the same screwdriver. But I have to say the new one looks great!
            It does look great! I look forward to seeing more of it at Christmas and hopefully in Series 36 too.

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,

Comment

The new Sonic remind me of something, can't quite put my finger on it though.
              sigpic
              Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
              To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
              And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

The Husbands of River Song Time Confirmed

http://www.doctorwhotv.co.uk/the-hus...rmed-78673.htm

The BBC have locked down their Christmas TV schedules today and the premiere time for The Husbands of River Song has been confirmed.

As expected, Doctor Who takes a prime spot in BBC One’s Christmas Day schedule, although it’s on a lot earlier than last year.

The special begins at 5.15pm this year and will run for 60-minutes.

Comment

Dammit. I'll still be at my brother and sister-in-law's place at that time.
                  sigpic
                  Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,

Comment

Originally posted by BruTak View Post
                    Dammit. I'll still be at my brother and sister-in-law's place at that time.
                    I'm supposed to be at a relative's house as well. But I have my excuse ready. I need to go home to feed the dog. I think it should take me about an hour.

Comment

That's your story and you're sticking to it.
                      sigpic

Comment

I'm supposed to be at a relative's house as well. But I have my excuse ready. I need to go home to feed the dog. I think it should take me about an hour.
                        Just remember that K-9 only likes ball-bearings, Blen.

Comment

Another Christmas trailer from the BBC with two little tiny bits of The Husbands of River Song at 0:13 and 0.22.

Comment

And here's an odd one.

Comment

Media Guardian 100

http://www.doctorwhonews.net/2015/12...ce=twitterfeed

Doctor Who showrunner Steven Moffat continues his steady rise up through the ranks of the Media Guardian's top 100 most powerful people in UK Media.

The writer and producer comes in at number 76 in this years chart, a rise of eight places from the 2014 list. Moffat entered the chart in 2011 as number 92.

The list, which has been running since 2001, attempts to quantify the people with the most influence over the British media and is complied by a team of judges drawn from across the industry.
                              Moffat took over the BBC’s Doctor Who from Russell T Davies six years ago. His reinvention with Mark Gatiss of Sherlock Holmes, starring Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman, will return for a Victorian special this Christmas. Moffat has said Doctor Who, which returned in its modern incarnation in 2005, has at least another five years in it, possibly many more. But Moffat, who introduced Peter Capaldi as the new doctor last year, has questioned the feasibility of the BBC’s ambition to have a big screen Doctor Who.
                              Other BBC personnel listed include the current controller of BBC One, Charlotte Moore, at number 21, and the current Chief Executive of the BBC, Director General Tony Hall at number 6.

The head of the BBC’s commercial arm, BBC Worldwide, Tim Davie, and the man ultimately responsible for selling Doctor Who around the world, was number 35.

Actor James Cordon, who played Craig Owens in Doctor Who, and who now hosts The Late Late Show on CBS, is at number 50.

Comment

Peter Capaldi introduces Hell Bent.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p039w8m2

Comment

Working...
                                X