This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rkgardner2003 View Post
    That's too bad, I only get BBC America .
    BBC America plays two episodes of Doctor Who every weekday (8am & 9am EST) and Torchwood at 10am. I'd hope they'd replay Name of Doctor and Day of Doctor before the premire. Just keep checking their website. I will be!

Comment

ABC to simulcast Deep Breath

http://www.doctorwhonews.net/2014/08...ce=twitterfeed

The Australian broadcaster ABC have announced on Twitter that they will simulcast the series premiere Deep Breath alongside its UK transmission. The time of the broadcast has yet to be confirmed in either country at present, though cinema presentations in the UK indicate that it is likely to be between 7:45pm and 8:00pm.

After broadcast on ABC, the episode will be available on ABC iview during the day, and will then be broadcast at primetime, 7:40pm on Sunday.

ABC also reported that there will be an exclusive interview with new Doctor Peter Capaldi scheduled for Wednesday 20th August at 8:00pm:

Hosted by Julia Zemiro (Julia Zemiro’s Home Delivery), WHEN JULIA MET THE DOCTOR is a half-hour, one-on-one interview that will introduce the new Doctor to Australian audiences four days before his TV debut.

Filmed in Sydney during the upcoming World Tour, the interview will explore Peter’s experiences playing the Doctor so far, his relationship with the character over the years, and the challenges in taking on a role of such global cultural significance.

Julia will also explore Peter’s TV and film career – from his first acting role in the film Local Hero to the foul-mouthed and manipulative Malcolm Tucker in The Thick of It.

Comment

http://www.doctorwhotv.co.uk/brian-b...ctor-65122.htm
        Brian Blessed could have been The Doctor...

Comment

Much as I like BRIAN BLESSED and admire his work for animal charities, I'm rather glad we got Patrick Troughton instead.

Steven Moffat hints at ‘rude’ humour of new Doctor

http://www.denofgeek.com/tv/doctor-w...-of-new-doctor

Doctor Who could be getting just a pinch of Malcom Tucker’s manners, according to Steven Moffat..

As we’ve already mentioned, the new issue of SFX has a Doctor Who feel to it, thanks to some interesting interviews it's put together. One of them is with Steven Moffat, and in it, he's been hinting that Peter Capaldi’s Doctor will have a touch of Malcom Tucker-esque dark humour to him

"He has a tremendous ability with throwaway humour, and a lot of it is around the fact that sometimes he is terribly rude,” Moffat intriguingly teased. “I think kids will think he is the rude Doctor. You might want to cuddle him, but he really will resist."

"Peter will be very much the Doctor," Moffat added, in case anyone thinks he really will regenerate into Malcolm Tucker at some stage.

Comment

Capaldi Doesn’t Expect to be a Heartthrob Doctor

http://www.doctorwhotv.co.uk/capaldi...ctor+Who+TV%29

Peter Capaldi has said he is unsure how his Doctor will be received, but he doesn’t expect to be a viewed as a heartthrob like his more recent predecessors were.

Speaking to Marie Claire magazine he said: “I don’t know if people will like me or not; or if the show will be more successful or less successful. But no matter what happens, someone somewhere will love me – I’ll be someone’s Doctor. Even if everyone else hates me.”

On comparisons to the last two Doctors he said: ”Matt [Smith] and David [Tennant] are much younger than me, much more handsome. And that’s what people have decided they want to take from it. I don’t think that will be happening for me. I don’t expect to be anyone’s heartthrob.”

On the responsibility he now has: “With a big role like this, you have a big sense of responsibility – it’s bigger than me. Doctor Who belongs to all the people who love it. [Being in the spotlight] is just part of the game.”

Comment

Comment

Interesting...

Moffat: Big Plans For Future Online Episodes

http://www.doctorwhotv.co.uk/moffat-...ctor+Who+TV%29

Steven Moffat has revealed that there are big plans for future online episodes after the success of Pond Life and The Night of the Doctor.

Moffat told SFX: “We’ll certainly do some more. We’ll do more prequels and stuff. I’ve been in to talk to the channel controller of iPlayer and say ‘We need proper money for it’, and they’re very keen. And we don’t call them prequels, we don’t call them minisodes, we just call them Doctor Who. That’s all they are. As I say, why not do an episode that’s ten minutes? Or an episode that’s half an hour? It depends what it suits.”

Elaborating further, he says it’s time to take online content more seriously: “I think we now have to accept that online stuff isn’t a spin-off anymore. We used to treat it as a spin-off that maybe some people would watch. And to be absolutely honest I thought they were bank raids – they’d give me some money to do an online thing and I’d say right, what crew do we already have, what actors do we already have, what set do we already have? So we’d spend no money on it at all, whack it out in a day, pump the money into the episode and off you go.

“But then you suddenly realise something like ‘Pond Life’, which we took much more seriously, had an audience of over six million. You think oh wait, that’s a TV show! That’s just a TV show and a lot of our audience make no distinction between that and the TV show. Same with ‘The Night of the Doctor’. What I think is quite exciting about all that stuff is you’re allowed to do a six minute episode.

“I actually think ‘The Night of the Doctor’ is one of the best ones we’ve done, and I don’t think it would be improved by being 45 minutes long. What more storytelling do we need? Arguably always the problem with the regeneration show is everybody’s just waiting for the bit when he dies and regenerates – so why don’t we just do that bit? You don’t feel that you’re short-selling it at all. So there’s going to be more of that, up until the point when all television is like that. And it will be. All television will be downloadable content. It’s coming.”

Comment

http://www.doctorwhotv.co.uk/moffat-...odes-65150.htm
                  Big plans for future online episodes.

Gah, beaten by a second!

Comment

Tweet from Louise Jameson.

Awwww... Look who I met today. Utterly charming.

Oh if only this was a spoiler! I'm assuming Louise managed a set visit as she is appearing in A Murder is Announced in Swansea on Saturday.

Edit - And another

Last edited by Blencathra; 06 August 2014, 02:29 PM.

Comment

Day of the Doctor! Live updates as Doctor Who Series 8 world premiere hits Cardiff

Today’s the day! Hordes of Doctor Who fans will land in Cardiff for the world premiere of the new series. Wales on line willl be bringing you all the photos, gossip and video from the red carpet - LIVE! at the link below. Careful though, they have been posting some slightly spoilery pics of S8 filming in Cardiff.

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/do...-world-7575676

Edit - Jason Mohammed's BBC Radio Wales show is coming live from the Doctor Who launch. Listen at the link below

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b01mzk7b

Last edited by Blencathra; 07 August 2014, 03:18 AM.

Comment

Planet 55 statement regarding Doctor Who animations

http://www.doctorwhonews.net/2014/08...ce=twitterfeed

Animation studio Planet 55 have issued the following statement regarding their involvement with creating animated episodes of Doctor Who:

There have been many queries about Planet 55 Studios's work on Doctor Who and whether we are doing any more.

To date, Planet 55 Studios has completed work on three Doctor Who animated reconstructions for BBC Worldwide's DVD range: The Reign of Terror, The Tenth Planet and most recently The Moonbase. We really enjoyed creating those but they are the only Doctor Who stories Planet 55 Studios have worked on and there are no plans to work on any more.

At the moment the company is focused on animation projects completely unconnected to Doctor Who.
                        The release comes as the status of the last expected classic series DVD, The Underwater Menace, remains uncertain.

_________

This news fills me with absolute joy. As a firm beliver in the "Omnirumour" this fits in perfectly. After all, why animate episodes if they have been recovered by Phil Morris. Fingers crossed.

Comment

More pics

Last edited by Blencathra; 07 August 2014, 04:07 AM.

Comment

Tweet from Doctor Who Official (@bbcdoctorwho)

“Thanks to everyone who came along today to help us launch the new series in style. Such warmth and an amazing turn-out… Thank you!” PC

Comment

http://www.doctorwhotv.co.uk/capaldi...cial-65185.htm
                              Filming starts for Christmas special after tour.

Comment

The very first Peter Capaldi story, the feature-length Deep Breath, is now available for pre-order at the BBC Shop! The DVD option is here and the Blu-Ray option is here!

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
                                K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

Working...
                                X