Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congratulations to John Barrowman and his partner, who today had a civil ceremony

Torchwood star's civil ceremony

Actor John Barrowman, star of the BBC sci-fi series Torchwood, has signed a civil partnership with his partner.

Barrowman and architect Scott Gill signed the partnership at a Cardiff hotel before the actor left to star in pantomime Jack and the Beanstalk.

Barrowman, 39, who plays Captain Jack Harkness in Dr Who spin-off Torchwood, has been with Mr Gill for 16 years.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/wales/6212729.stm
    And its been confirmed by DT that John Barrowman will return for Episode 11 of S3

http://torchwoodtv.blogspot.com/
    Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
    - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

It was in The Times yesterday: David Tennant will film only half of series 4 / 30, and then there'll be a regeneration.

Robert Carlyle and David Morrissey have been mentioned as contenders.

Madeleine

Comment

Well, so far that's a report in a newspaper; not a peep on the websites and that is a long way in the future. It may be true or it may not be, but probably not worth worrying about yet.
        Behold the majesty that is...GERALD!
        - Read The Prophet's fan fiction at The Lost Vegas Public Library.

Comment

Originally posted by Madeleine_W View Post
          It was in The Times yesterday: David Tennant will film only half of series 4 / 30, and then there'll be a regeneration.

Robert Carlyle and David Morrissey have been mentioned as contenders.
          Oh god no. Not one of those actors. That would seriously destroy the show, that is, if this rumor turns out to be true.
          Teselecta: "Silence will fall when the question is asked."

Doctor: "And what is the question?"

Teselecta: "How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?"

Doctor: " *Brainfart* ".

Comment

I am wait and see on this one but 2 1/2 years is not too bad for a Doctor. It still plays into my way of thinking that the current series could run for ten years.

Comment

The new series of 8th Doctor radio stories begin airing today, premiering with "Blood of the Daleks Part One" starring Paul McGann as The Eighth Doctor and Two Pints of Lager and a Packet of Crisps' Sheridan Smith as new companion Lucie Miller, a "strong willed northern lass" who is an unwilling companion, forced to join the Doctor onboard the TARDIS after being put into a Tme Lord Witness protection programme.

The show will air on BBC 7 Radio station, listen online link is here

Part Two will air next week.
              Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
              - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

Ok, ok, I take back most of what I've said about Catherine Tate. She can act. But I still don't think she's funny.

Anyway - regarding "The Runaway Bride". Look, I know the sign in the department store window said "Sale Strarts Boxing Day" but... The way the shot was framed, and the position David Tennant was standing, it looked more like "Tarts Boxing" to me. And that, I'm sure you'll agree, sounds far more interesting...
                sigpic
                Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
                To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
                And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

Don't think has been posted yet...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio1/news/ent.../podcast.shtml

In a TV special, David Tennant reveals some juicy titbits about the new series of Doctor Who: "He's got quite a Arnold Schwarzenegger chest - which obviously they took from a cast from my own body."

*click on link above for podcast, etc.*

Comment

Hey ive looked around on here and online but i havent been able to find anything. Does anyone know when the next season of Doctor Who will start airing in the UK? Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by DaCk View Post
                      Hey ive looked around on here and online but i havent been able to find anything. Does anyone know when the next season of Doctor Who will start airing in the UK? Thanks!
                      Most likely in late April to Early may. Check the news section on www.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho for any new news.

Teselecta: "How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?"

Comment

Originally posted by tsaxlady
                        Who Joins Heroes?

Former Doctor Who star Christopher Eccleston will appear in several episodes of NBC's hit Heroes...

Full article here
                        This has been public knowledge since about November 2006. In other words, this news is old.

Comment

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/6297661.stm

January 25, 2007

Jacobi confirmed for Dr Who role

Shakespearean actor Sir Derek Jacobi is to take part in the third series of Doctor Who, it has been confirmed.

The 68-year-old actor, who was knighted in 1994, is best remembered for his role in the drama series I, Claudius.

The BBC would not confirm a newspaper report that he would play a character called The Professor when Doctor Who returns in the spring.
                          Sir Derek previously appeared as renegade timelord The Master in an online version of the sci-fi series.

The Daily Mirror newspaper says this time he will play a "good guy" who plays "a key role in preventing the world from ending".

The third series introduces actress Freema Agyeman, 27, as the Doctor's new companion Martha Jones, following Billie Piper's departure this year

Comment

Sir Derek Jacobi in Dr. Who? Cool...
                            sigpic
                            Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,

Comment

Excerpt from the BBC...

Doctor Who and Martha are about to step into a new dimension -- a cartoon one.

David Tennant and Freema Agyeman will star in The Infinite Quest, a 13-part animated adventure that will run weekly in the second series of Totally Doctor Who.

"The Doctor And Martha follow a trail of clues across wild and wonderful alien worlds, to find the location of the legendary lost spaceship, the Infinite," revealed Russell T Davies.

Anthony Head, who played evil headmaster Mr Finch in last season's "School Reunion", will guest star as a a new character, Baltazar -- Scourge of the Galaxy.

The Infinite Quest is written by Alan Barnes and directed by Gary Russell. The spectacular animation will be crafted by Firestep, the creative team behind previous Doctor Who animated adventures for the BBC. Thanks to developments in animation and computer technology, expect some amazing advances on previous animations.

Click thumbnail for larger image

Comment

Oh dear god, no - the horror! The horror!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X