Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I got 8/9 as well. The one I didn't get was no 5.

Comment

Series Eight Scripts leak online

http://www.doctorwhonews.net/2014/07...ce=twitterfeed

The BBC have appealed to fans not to spoil the new series of Doctor Who, after a number of scripts from upcoming shows were leaked onto the internet.

The first five scripts for Series Eight, including the series opener Deep Breath, are understood to have been compromised after being sent to the BBC Worldwide office in Miami, where they were due to be translated for the Latin America market. The BBC is trying to achieve a global release of the series, including broadcasts on BBC Entertainment throughout the region.

BBC Worldwide told Radio Times they were pleading with the public and fans sites not to share the material released
      We would like to make a plea to anyone who might have any of this material and spoilers associated with it not to share it with a wider audience so that everyone can enjoy the show as it should be seen when it launches. We know only too well that Doctor Who fans are the best in the world and we thank them for their help with this and their continued loyalty.
      Doctor Who has been leaked before. In 2005 the first episode of the relaunched series, Rose, leaked onto the internet, a few weeks before its launch on BBC One.

A twitter campaign to keep the series spoiler free has been launched with the hashtag #keepmespoilerfree

The series is due to premiere around the world from August 23rd.

_________

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE no spoilers here. Thank you.

Comment

Oh boy, here we go again... I'm going to reiterate Blencathra's plea, NO SPOILERS HERE PLEASE!

Comment

Originally posted by Alan View Post
          Can you name the Doctor Who story from just one picture?
          Think you're a "New Who" aficionado? Well take a look at these pictures from the tenure of Tennant, Eccleston and Smith and see if you can score 9 out of 9?

http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2014-...st-one-picture

---------------------

9/9 I am The Doctor.
          9/9 for me as well. Though I scored 9/10 on another quiz just like this one but used different episodes. That previous quiz helped me tremendously with this one.
          No Sam w/o a Jack and no Jack w/o a Sam.
          It's like and immutable law of the multiverse.

Comment

If it's new-Who knowledge you're after proving, I hone my episodic recall at the following:
            http://www.jetpunk.com/user-quizzes/...odes-2005-2012

Comment

Certainly. The words said are:
              Spoiler:
              "I see into your soul, Doctor. I see beauty, divinity, hatred."

And off the back of that, the newest teaser once again:
              https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=W5mS0FnXrB0
              Thanks again.

Can you name the Doctor Who story from just one picture?
              Think you're a "New Who" aficionado? Well take a look at these pictures from the tenure of Tennant, Eccleston and Smith and see if you can score 9 out of 9?

http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2014-...st-one-picture

---------------------

9/9 I am The Doctor.
              Bummer 7/9

Comment

Hi Whovians!

Reposting this from the "Ask the Moderators" thread re the leaked Scripts issue:

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
                Hi Blen!
                A full clarification of GW's stance will be going up later today.

In the meantime, the usual rule of thumb applies: NO links to where the leaked scripts are hosted,or requests/hints on where to find them.

NO untagged spoilers in threads or spoilers and speculation in thread titles.
                Be on the alert for fake spoilers or spoilers masked as speculation too.
                Please report any dodgy links and posts.

Thanks !
                The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

Hi Whovians!

Reposting this from the "Ask the Moderators" thread re the leaked Scripts issue:

Thanks !
                  We will be sure to keep an eye out! #keepgateworldspoilerfree!

Comment

Hi Whovians!

Thanks !
                    Thank you for stepping in, Bagpuss! Very much appreciated!

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
                    K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

Duly noted.
                      sigpic
                      Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
                      To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
                      And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

The 4 episodes I have read were pretty good.

Comment

If anyone sees a rumour that Steven Moffat is doing Star Wars (like this), it isn't true.

Tweet from his wife this morning

https://twitter.com/suevertue/status/487134404721278976

Just in case you've seen rumours that #stevenmoffat is doing Star Wars - that's news to him!

Comment

http://observationdeck.io9.com/jaw-d...ers-1599388469
                            Small spoilers for the season 8 finale, nothings that's not unknown, just small snippets of new information. Ive also had a full look over the page and there's no mention of the script leaks, so its safe for you guys (unless you want to stay spoiler free for the finale of course....)

Comment

I promised myself I won't look. So difficult though!

Series 8: Deep Breath First Look

http://www.doctorwhotv.co.uk/series-...ctor+Who+TV%29

Entertainment Weekly have a first look image from the opening episode of Series 8, Deep Breath. As we can see, (tiny spoilers only for costume)

Spoiler:
                              the 12th Doctor obviously hasn’t finalised his costume!

Comment

The above link now contains this update:
                                Moffat told EW: “It’s a big introduction—he’s the new Doctor. There’s no point pretending that it’s not the most interesting, dynamic thing that you’ve got to sell in that first episode. It’s going to be about ‘What’s he like? How’s he different?’ I suppose it feels a bit like a character piece, but there’s plenty of action and nonsense and jeopardy, as there ever is in Doctor Who.”

While the showrunner is being tightlipped about Who’s 12-episode season, we do know it will culminate in a two-part finale directed by Rachel Talalay (Tank Girl) featuring the Doctor’s frequently encountered foes the Cybermen. Both the 50th-anniversary special and the Christmas episode left some fans a bit teary-eyed—so how will folks feel by the end of this run? “Like they want Doctor Who to come back very, very quickly,” says Moffat with a chuckle.

Comment

Working...
                                X