This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good man!

If it is, then it's over to ebay with my current one!

I do hope the Doctor and Rose AREN'T as high up on the box as it would appear... that looks dinstinctly... well... crap.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Not sure if we have a speculation thread (I can't find one) for S3, but this is news as well.

The first episode of Series 3/29 is:

Smith and Jones
      Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
      - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

Any information yet on the story and who or what Smith and Jones are?

Slightly older news. I don't think anyone's mentioned it and you might already know; Dr Who won all of the three categories it was nominated for at the National Television Awards. The show won most popular drama, David Tennant won most popular actor and Billie Piper won in the most popular actress category.
        "Captain, you almost make me believe in luck."

Comment

Rather than start another thread... I'll post this in here... A fan video... must see...
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gg6UcEn9hyI

sigpic
          "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

Originally posted by The Signal
            Smith and Jones
            Not a reference to the TV western, or mabye it has Griff Rhys Jones, he is Welsh right seems RTD can't get away for Wales?

Originally posted by Easter Lily View Post
            Rather than start another thread... I'll post this in here... A fan video... must see...
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gg6UcEn9hyI

We kind of have a vid/film thread about the place, somewhere. Why am I not suprised The Chaser did this, I think they are secretly Doctor Who fans.

Comment

^ For them to know this much, somebody will have to be a fan...
              sigpic
              "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

Originally posted by Missster.Freeman View Post
                Any information yet on the story and who or what Smith and Jones are?
                Smith would be The Doctor, Jones would be SPOILERS FOR S3/29[spoiler]Martha, the new companion[spoiler]

Originally posted by Willow'sCat View Post
                Not a reference to the TV western, or mabye it has Griff Rhys Jones, he is Welsh right seems RTD can't get away for Wales?
                Definately a reference, and not even the first time for the Western, which was given a nod in the first run of the series (apparently)
                Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
                - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

Theres a rumor floating around that The Doctor's sonic screwdriver gets destroyed in season 29/series 3. Can anyone verify this?
                  Teselecta: "Silence will fall when the question is asked."

Doctor: "And what is the question?"

Teselecta: "How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?"

Doctor: " *Brainfart* ".

Comment

I hope not i love that thing i know you can buy it some were

Comment

Originally posted by Billz View Post
                      Ive just sent an email to the BBC/Doctor Who website asking that very same question. Hopefully I will get a response tomorrow sometime.
                      I also sent one, AND have a reply:

Sent: 07 November 2006 18:28
                      To: Iain Bennett
                      Subject: RE: [Doctor Who website comments] Series 1 DVD Boxset

Hi Ian,

Apparently it's true. BBC DVD needed to make more sets but ran out of
                      the old style boxes and so moved over to the slim US design. Hurrah! I
                      think I might get one myself...

-----Original Message-----
                      Sent: 06 November 2006 17:47
                      To: The Doctor
                      Subject: [Doctor Who website comments] Series 1 DVD Boxset

Iain Bennett wrote:

Dear Sirs,

It would apear that the Series 1 Doctor Who DVD boxset as listed on
                      Amazon has changed from the original "box-TARDIS" design as it was
                      originally released, to one more akin to the US S1 set or the UK S2 set.

Is this just a mistake on Amazon's half or is it an actual redesign?

Many Thanks,

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Flying Officer Bennett View Post
                        I also sent one, AND have a reply:
                        I wonder why they replyed to you and not me.

Ahwell.

(*Ordered *)

(PS: If you see a TARDIS shaped version go up on ebay and the sending address has Bracknell (not going to give full adress) in it, it would probably be my old boxset).

Teselecta: "How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?"

Comment

Have we posted this before...
                          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HXASY8yLR7E&NR

David Tennant getting his award at the National Television Awards.
                          sigpic

Comment

Aha! Nice one. I missed David Tennant getting his award. I only managed to catch Billie Piper receiving hers. haha I Loved "A stiff shot of Irn Bru." Brilliant stuff! Thanks!
                            "Captain, you almost make me believe in luck."

Comment

Children In Need/Doctor Who Update.

Bid or win exclusive stuff from the last 2 years of Doctor Who.
                              Go here for the full article,
                              http://www.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/news/...10/37849.shtml

Comment

i don't know if this has been posted but BBC america is going to start showing the frist season of the new series of doctor who starting on tuseday at 10pt/et

Comment

Working...
                                X