This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Billz
    Why did the mods snip this news down? It was still news. If they didnt like it, they might as well have removed this whole bit.
    It wasn't news. It was gossip. If you read The Sun you may not be able to tell the difference

Madeleine

Comment

Originally posted by Billz
      Why did the mods snip this news down? It was still news. If they didnt like it, they might as well have removed this whole bit.

Anyway,
      Seaseon 29 DVD features confirmed.
      http://www.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/news/...01/36159.shtml
      No its the features for the season 28 DVD
      Oh Yes the Sam is Back and hes more Sci-fied up than ever !!!!!!!!!

Coming Soon a new Banner from Me

Comment

Originally posted by Metarock Sam
        No its the features for the season 28 DVD
        Woops. My bad.

Anyway confirmed features for the season 28 DVDs.
        Teselecta: "Silence will fall when the question is asked."

Doctor: "And what is the question?"

Teselecta: "How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?"

Doctor: " *Brainfart* ".

Comment

I was on the BBC site, anyone watch or will watch David Tennant on "Who do you think you are?"? I think it was on last night UK time. It is also repeated on Tuesday.

Was it interesting?

Comment

I watched some of it, absoutely brilliant stuff, he was quite shocked at some of his findings, mostly at his Irish Protestant descent
            Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
            - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/28092006/34...ld-record.html

Doctor Who sets sci-fi world record
              Thursday September 28, 11:58 AM

Doctor Who has entered the record books as TV's longest-running sci-fi show.
              The BBC series has been going for 43 years and 723 episodes.

Now it has earned a place in the latest edition of Guinness World Records.
              Doctor Who writer Russell T Davies said: "This achievement is all thanks to the remarkable production team who first created Doctor Who in 1963, and to the audience who have kept it alive for all these years."

The show began on November 23, 1963 with William Hartnell starring as the first travelling Timelord.

After a 16-year absence, it returned in 2005 with Christopher Eccleston as the ninth Doctor. He was replaced after one series by David Tennant.

US series Stargate SG-1 holds the title of "longest-running science fiction show (consecutive)" in the Guinness book.

It launched in 1997 and has run for 203 episodes without a break.

The show knocked off previous record holder The X Files, which ran for 202 episodes.

Comment

Originally posted by prion
                US series Stargate SG-1 holds the title of "longest-running science fiction show (consecutive)" in the Guinness book.

It launched in 1997 and has run for 203 episodes without a break.

The show knocked off previous record holder The X Files, which ran for 202 episodes.
                How could that be though, when doctor who ran consecutively for 26 years and far more than 203 eps?

Madeleine

Comment

Originally posted by Madeleine_W
                  How could that be though, when doctor who ran consecutively for 26 years and far more than 203 eps?
                  Aye, that had me puzzled for ages too, until someone mentioned in the Doctor v Stargate thread that it is because Dr Who made a comeback after it's extended hiatus; therefore rendering Dr Who's consecutive status as null and void. Ah who cares, Dr Who is still and always will be the longest running sci fi show in history.
                  Last edited by Missster.Freeman; 28 September 2006, 09:46 AM.
                  "Captain, you almost make me believe in luck."

Comment

The two arguments that are floating around are:

Doctor Who only has 150+ episodes. Which is wrong, thats the no. of stories, while the episode count is way over 700

The show started up again after a 15 year hiatus and is therfore no longer consecutive. This may be true, however, Who is produced with the production numbers refering to the new series as S1, S2 etc, so that argument really doesnt hold up either IMO.
                    Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
                    - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

SG1 holds the record for the longest *consecutive* running scifi show in north america.... DR WHO, however, holds the record for longest running scifi show, period. So, WHO is now at the top of the records.

MORE details at http://www.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/news/...23/36558.shtml

with response from Guinness book people.
                      Last edited by prion; 28 September 2006, 09:08 AM.

Comment

yay! Awsome!

BTW prion I love your sig. The Teletubbies should he fed upon.

This pic was made by the Hyper-Intelligent being known as.....Metarock Sam!

Spoiler:

This fabulous sig made by Myn McGeek, Third Sentinel

Comment

Am I the only one who thinks the new "Battles in Time" card game is just a revamped version of Top Trumps?
                          sigpic
                          Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
                          To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
                          And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

Almost forgot...

Follow the link for some info on a one day Who event in Glasgow next year.
                            http://www.ussvaliant.co.uk/Liz%20Sladen.html
                            sigpic
                            Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
                            To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
                            And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

John Barrowman will be interviewed (or something) on a radio station called Capital Gold on 3rd October at around 9.00 am UK time. You can listen on line: www.capitalgold.com

Comment

Doctor Who already won, that's how.
                                Such a shame that I wouldn't know by now your revelations
                                Cut me in, I don't wanna live without your revelations.
                                -Audioslave

Comment

Working...
                                X