Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Treating myself to the 'Day of the Doctor' on DVD.
    "What do you mean by 'Oopps'?"
    Team Starfist protects all. But having a fully loaded P-90 helps...
    Reality is an illusion... Created by those who cannot handle Stargate...!
    Jankowski's Rules: Rule 1: Check your Six!
    I'm not perfect. But parts of me are excellent I also cook...!
    To thy own self... Be true
    May the odds.... Be ever in your favour..!

Comment

Babelcolour made this amazing 50th anniversary tribute to Doctor Who and the rest of the Whoniverse:

HAPPY NEW YEAR
      EVERYONE!!!!
      WISHING THE VERY BEST
      TO ALL IN 2014!!!!

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
      K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

Happy Who Year!

Comment

So, who else has a Doctor Who calendar up on their wall?
          sigpic
          Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
          To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
          And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

Originally posted by BruTak View Post
            So, who else has a Doctor Who calendar up on their wall?
            I do. I never look at the back of the calendar because I like each picture on each month to be a surprise. Something to look forward to. I'm absolutely amazed at how brilliant the January picture representing the Doctor's 1st incarnation is! Stunning stuff! I look forward to seeing the images for the Doctor's other 10 incarnations in the months to come!

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,

Comment

Truth be told I don't. I have a calender but it's not a Who calender.
              "What do you mean by 'Oopps'?"
              Team Starfist protects all. But having a fully loaded P-90 helps...
              Reality is an illusion... Created by those who cannot handle Stargate...!
              Jankowski's Rules: Rule 1: Check your Six!
              I'm not perfect. But parts of me are excellent I also cook...!
              To thy own self... Be true
              May the odds.... Be ever in your favour..!

Comment

Originally posted by Alan View Post
                I do. I never look at the back of the calendar because I like each picture on each month to be a surprise. Something to look forward to. I'm absolutely amazed at how brilliant the January picture representing the Doctor's 1st incarnation is! Stunning stuff! I look forward to seeing the images for the Doctor's other 10 incarnations in the months to come!
                I think we've got the same calendar.
                sigpic
                Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,

Comment

I think we've got the same calendar.
                  Sounds like it. If the cover of your calendar features the first 11 Doctors then we most certainly have.

Comment

Originally posted by Alan View Post
                    Sounds like it. If the cover of your calendar features the first 11 Doctors then we most certainly have.
                    The one with Matt Smith in the middle? Yup, that's the one.
                    sigpic

Comment

The one with Matt Smith in the middle? Yup, that's the one.
                      Geronimo.

Comment

A New Years Message from Tom Baker
                        January 1st, 2014
                        http://www.tom-baker.co.uk/pages/con...asp?PageID=159

Comment

With a very successful (for me) episode of Sherlock out of the way, I'm hoping SM can now concentrate on some decent writing once again for Doctor Who.

Comment

5 fantasy Doctor Who spin-offs we’d love to see
                            Thursday 2 Jan 2014 10:55 am

After the 2013 feast of Doctor Who’s 50th anniversary year, including massive episodes, two new Doctors and all sorts of teasers and Whovian indulgences, we now face the famine.

Peter Capaldi may now be the Doctor, but we won’t get to see him in action until August when the series returns. What what will fill the void? Not many years ago we could snack on a little Sarah Jane Adventures or Torchwood but the Whoniverse is now a spin-off free zone.

It’s too late for a 2014 spin-off to emerge, but maybe we could be in luck in 2015.

What sort of spin-offs could we see?

UNIT
                            Now that the Unified Intelligence Taskforce is well re-established in Doctor Who with the magnificent Jemma Redgrave at the helm as Kate Stewart, it would be great to see them in action battling alien and other threats in the Doctor’s absence. By making it much less sexy than Torchwood, it could be an ideal family show.

The Time War Chronicles
                            Paul McGann has never had a real chance to wow us with his Doctor in a full run of TV episodes and he would surely be up for reprising his role as the eighth Doctor. Maybe John Hurt would be willing to make a return to the Tardis too as the grizzled War Doctor.

And the perfect opportunity would be a proper look at the Time War. It would be a swashbuckling set of big effects episodes examining the war between the Time Lords and the Daleks. Expect lots of battles and explosions.

The Adventures of River Song
                            There’s been a lot of grumbling that Doctor Who doesn’t have enough strong female characters and a female Doctor would be a great role model for kids.

A series following River Song’s adventures in time and space would tick some of the boxes and offer opportunities for some Doctor Who crossover too.

The return of the Doctor’s Daughter
                            Somewhere out there in the cosmos, last seen whizzing into the dark blue yonder of a galaxy far away, is the Doctor’s daughter clone Jenny. She would make an excellent all-action hero for a spin-off series. Think Lara Croft crossed with Doctor Who. Surely a ratings winner.

Meet the Curator
                            Something more sedate for Sunday evenings. The perfect mix of Doctor and The Antiques Roadshow, Meet the Curator would not only explain who exactly the Curator is and why he looks like an aged version of the fourth Doctor but also take a fascinating look at art history with Tom Baker at the helm. Ok, maybe I haven’t thought this one through…

Link to original article here: http://metro.co.uk/2014/01/02/5-fant...o-see-4246768/

Comment

It occurred to me the other day that Lis Sladen's daughter, Sadie, looks remarkably like her late mother did in the 70s (or was it the 80s?).

So perhaps the 12th Doctor could somehow meet a young Sarah Jane (without revealing who he is) and maybe get her started in journalism in some way.
                              sigpic

Comment

Most Viewed Xmas Special 2005-2013

http://www.doctorwhotv.co.uk/most-vi...ctor+Who+TV%29

The Time of the Doctor is the fifth most viewed Doctor Who Christmas special, according to the final viewing figure from BARB.

2013?s festive special increased from its initial overnight estimate of 8.3 million to 11.14 million.

The most viewed special is still Voyage of the Damned with 13.31 million viewers. The lowest is The Runaway Bride with 9.35 million.

Doctor Who Christmas specials by amount of viewers:
                                • Voyage of the Damned (2007) 13.31 million
                                • The Next Doctor (2008) 13.10 million
                                • A Christmas Carol (2010) 12.11 million
                                • The End of Time – Part 1 (2009) 12.04 million
                                • The Time of the Doctor (2013) – 11.14 million
                                • The Doctor, the Widow and the Wardrobe (2011) 10.77 million
                                • The Snowmen (2012) – 9.87 million
                                • The Christmas Invasion (2005) 9.84 million
                                • The Runaway Bride (2006) 9.35 million

BARB viewing figures count those who recorded the programme and watched within 7 days. They do not take into account iPlayer viewings.

Comment

Working...
                                X