Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why is Billie leaving the series? Rose is the best!
    T.S.G.D - The StarGate SG-1 Defenders

StargateSg1.com/Farscapefan1

Comment

I don't like the new casting thing. I don't see why they couldn't cast someone else for the smaller role in AOG, and have Freema as the new companion, rather than having the same actress who I would guess will look identical in both roles, and with only a two episode gap.

Comment

Originally posted by Metarock Sam
        apparantly it has also been confirmed that she will be a companion from the first episode of the season. Making the Doctor have no companion in the Christmas Special.
        Oh I don't know he may have a companion, just not the one he goes into series 3 (29) with, they do say it is a surprise.

Not sure on the new companion I will have to wait and see. I don't have a problem with using the same actor it actually use to happen a lot on shows, maybe not with the major parts but in classic Doctor Who, a few faces do turn up again with different names.

Comment

Originally posted by Jonzey
          I don't like the new casting thing. I don't see why they couldn't cast someone else for the smaller role in AOG, and have Freema as the new companion, rather than having the same actress who I would guess will look identical in both roles, and with only a two episode gap.
          Apparently (I got this from the relevant page on BBC news), while they spotted some potential at her AoG audition, the main reason she was recalled to audition with David for the companion role was actually down to the performance she gave while filming the episode itself. Sometimes it just happens that way. Good for her, I say.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Willow'sCat
            Oh I don't know he may have a companion, just not the one he goes into series 3 (29) with, they do say it is a surprise.

Not sure on the new companion I will have to wait and see. I don't have a problem with using the same actor it actually use to happen a lot on shows, maybe not with the major parts but in classic Doctor Who, a few faces do turn up again with different names.
            Colin Baker for example.
            Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
            - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

Oh there was an article in the Mirror today next to the one about our new companion Martha which said that their first story together will feature the classic enemy THE ICE WARRIORS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
              wooohoooooo this is so great I mean they havnt been in Who since The Monster of Peladon (1974) thats 32 years !!!!!!!!! I cant wait for the comeback !!!!!!!
              Oh Yes the Sam is Back and hes more Sci-fied up than ever !!!!!!!!!

Coming Soon a new Banner from Me

Comment

Oh there was an article in the Mirror today next to the one about our new companion Martha which said that their first story together will feature the classic enemy THE ICE WARRIORS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                wooohoooooo this is so great I mean they havnt been in Who since The Monster of Peladon (1974) thats 32 years !!!!!!!!! I cant wait for the comeback !!!!!!!
                Don't tell me you've been sitting around waiting for this for 32 years? That's stamina for you!
                sigpic
                "Ce qui ressemble a l'amour est toujours de l'amour." - Tristan Bernard

Comment

No I havnt the whole Whovian community has and my Dad has. (he was born in 1961).
                  Oh Yes the Sam is Back and hes more Sci-fied up than ever !!!!!!!!!

Coming Soon a new Banner from Me

Comment

Ice Warriors eh? Hmmm...
                    sigpic
                    Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
                    To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
                    And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

There' a nice report on tonights events on the BBC News Player. I think it might only be available for the UK though. http://www.bbc.co.uk/mediaselector/c...toryid=5160360

Comment

No I havnt the whole Whovian community has and my Dad has. (he was born in 1961).
                        There was a "Missing" 6th Doctor Episode that was supposed to be aired during the "Missing" season but was novellized and is called "Mission to Magnus." Featuring The Ice Warriors ("The Ice Warriors") and Sil ("Vengence on Varos")

This pic was made by the Hyper-Intelligent being known as.....Metarock Sam!

Spoiler:

This fabulous sig made by Myn McGeek, Third Sentinel

Comment

Commentaries Update

SUBSCRIBE - get commentaries sent to you!

ON TV - press the Red Button on BBC Three repeats!

Right click and then save as...

Comment

Originally posted by Egeria
                            There' a nice report on tonights events on the BBC News Player. I think it might only be available for the UK though. http://www.bbc.co.uk/mediaselector/c...toryid=5160360
                            No not just the UK I can view it.

Comment

http://www.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/ has been upgraded and plays that fantastic music (or was I the only one who loved it?)
                              Last edited by The Signal; 10 July 2006, 08:54 AM.
                              Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
                              - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

I have to say, it's LOUD! That wasn't Billie Piper herself providing the vocals, was it?
                                "Captain, you almost make me believe in luck."

Comment

Working...
                                X