This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-24448063
    Now we have an article on the BBC News website...

Comment

BBC to reveal a number of missing Doctor Who episodes
      By Lizo Mzimba Entertainment correspondent, BBC News

Full article here: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-24448063

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
      K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

I'm allowing myself to get more and more excited!

Comment

Originally posted by Blencathra View Post
          I'm allowing myself to get more and more excited!
          I think we all are allowing ourselves that now. It's from the BBC. Undeniable now. The big question is "how much has been?" Oh, my giddy-aunt. If everything was found...well I might just allow myself to cry.

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,

Comment

Originally posted by Alan View Post
            I think we all are allowing ourselves that now. It's from the BBC. Undeniable now. The big question is "how much has been?" Oh, my giddy-aunt. If everything was found...well I might just allow myself to cry.
            That would be THE perfect 50th Anniversary Gift!

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

I think I might cry as well.

I would even be happy if just one episode had been found, but it certainly does seem like a lot more than that have been discovered.

Comment

Originally posted by Flyboy View Post
                That would be THE perfect 50th Anniversary Gift!
                I think I might cry as well.

I would even be happy if just one episode had been found, but it certainly does seem like a lot more than that have been discovered.
                Absolutely. The next few days are going to be torturous. One thing is for sure...they've never, ever called a press conference over previously thought missing episodes before so this must be something else all together.

Comment

No they haven't, have they? *excitement goes up another notch*

Depending on when they make the official announcement, something we might want to bear in mind is this...

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                  Heads up re the next Server Move:

Estimated downtime will be 3-4hrs between the 11th and 14th of October.
                  Changes to DNS settings will be nearly instantaneous for most of us, but propagation (ie reconnection to the new server address) may take hours,or as much as 24-48 hours to reach everyone, since it depends on your ISP.

If there are any changes to that schedule,or any other info,we'll try to let you all know in advance via the Ask the Mods thread ,this thread ,the Alphasite and/or GW Twitter.

Thanks in advance for your patience!

Feel free to pass the info around.
                  Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
                  Updated the Alphasite and put all the relevant info links in my sigbox.
                  ( You don't have to join the Alphasite or Twitter to read updates and other messages.)
                  Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                  Best case scenario the site will be down for a few hours.....the time it takes to quite literally, unplug it, load it, drive it across town, plug it back in and initialize it.

Note I said best case scenario. Might be that way, might be another way.

but at least folks will know when the forum goes dark. Y'all can always go over to the alpha site and enjoy a blast from the past.....talking via e-mail lists
                  If I can't come here and squeal about it, I might just have to grab the postman and dance up and down the road with him.

Comment

If all this turns out the be a massive hoax, blood will be shed.
                    sigpic
                    Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
                    To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
                    And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

No they haven't, have they? *excitement goes up another notch*

Depending on when they make the official announcement, something we might want to bear in mind is this...

If I can't come here and squeal about it, I might just have to grab the postman and dance up and down the road with him.
                      Typical. This could very well be the finest week in Doctor Who history...and this Doct-...errr...I mean *Stargate* forum ( ) is going to be closed so we can't all explode all over the news in excitement! Ah well. Can't be helped.

"When I say run, run...RUN!"

Comment

Originally posted by Alan View Post
                        Typical. This could very well be the finest week in Doctor Who history...and this Doct-...errr...I mean *Stargate* forum ( ) is going to be closed so we can't all explode all over the news in excitement! Ah well. Can't be helped.

"When I say run, run...RUN!"
                        NOOOOOOO! This is practically my only connection to geekery in this damn desert! Noooooooooooooooooooooooo!

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

In other news, I just got a 24hrs ban from Gallifrey Base for making a comment similar to this -
                          Originally posted by BruTak View Post
                          I think both Mr. Levine and Mr. Spilsbury need a good smack round the back of the head, and told to grow up and act like adults.
                          Obviously the Mods over there are getting a bit twitchy.
                          sigpic
                          Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
                          To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
                          And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

Originally posted by BruTak View Post
                            In other news, I just got a 24hrs ban from Gallifrey Base for making a comment similar to this -
                            Obviously the Mods over there are getting a bit twitchy.
                            I bet you broke several laws by saying that.

I wonder if the missing episodes story will be on the 6 o'clock news tonight?

Comment

What's on TV have a poll up at the moment. Matt is nominated for Favourite Actor.

Vote here! http://www.whatsontv.co.uk/tv-times-awards/vote

Comment

Regarding the comments made by those two Doctor Who fans, maybe they have been saving this news for the 50th Anniversary?

Comment

Working...
                                X