• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Look what I found on Google Earth

https://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&l...-0.192862&z=17

special arrow in the street takes you inside the TARDIS
    Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

And of those three, Gil Gerard is the only one I haven't met.
      sigpic
      Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
      To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
      And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

Doctor Who At The Proms TV Broadcast Time Announced

http://www.doctorwhonews.net/2013/08...ce=twitterfeed

Highlights from this year's Doctor Who Prom are to be shown on BBC One in a 75-minute programme starting at 4pm on Monday 26th August.

Two concerts were held over the weekend of 13th and 14th July, celebrating the 50th anniversary of the programme and featuring music by Murray Gold, accompanied by specially-edited visual clips. The concert programme also included the world première of Song For Fifty, Gold's anthemic tribute to the show.

The first concert was broadcast live by Radio 3 and recorded for television broadcast.

Hosted by Neve McIntosh as Madame Vastra and Dan Starkey as Commander Strax, the concerts also marked the classic era with a medley of sound effects by Brian Hodgson and music from The Daleks, The Tomb of the Cybermen, The Sea Devils, City of Death, Logopolis, The Five Doctors, and The Curse of Fenric, with Mark Ayres and Peter Howell on synthesisers and sound effects.

In addition, the Proms featured guest appearances by Matt Smith, Jenna Coleman, Peter Davison, and Carole Ann Ford.

The concerts were performed by the BBC National Orchestra of Wales and the London Philharmonic Choir, conducted by Ben Foster, with soloists Elin Manahan Thomas, Allan Clayton, and Kerry Ingram.

As reported previously, the broadcast date was announced during Doctor Who Live: The Next Doctor.

Comment

Thank you for the heads up Blencathra.
          I'm at work so I'll have to set my Sky+ Box to record the programme.
          "What do you mean by 'Oopps'?"
          Team Starfist protects all. But having a fully loaded P-90 helps...
          Reality is an illusion... Created by those who cannot handle Stargate...!
          Jankowski's Rules: Rule 1: Check your Six!
          I'm not perfect. But parts of me are excellent I also cook...!
          To thy own self... Be true
          May the odds.... Be ever in your favour..!

Comment

Originally posted by Blencathra View Post

Highlights from this year's Doctor Who Prom are to be shown on BBC One in a 75-minute programme starting at 4pm on Monday 26th August.

Two concerts were held over the weekend of 13th and 14th July, celebrating the 50th anniversary of the programme and featuring music by Murray Gold, accompanied by specially-edited visual clips. The concert programme also included the world première of Song For Fifty, Gold's anthemic tribute to the show.

The first concert was broadcast live by Radio 3 and recorded for television broadcast.

Hosted by Neve McIntosh as Madame Vastra and Dan Starkey as Commander Strax, the concerts also marked the classic era with a medley of sound effects by Brian Hodgson and music from The Daleks, The Tomb of the Cybermen, The Sea Devils, City of Death, Logopolis, The Five Doctors, and The Curse of Fenric, with Mark Ayres and Peter Howell on synthesisers and sound effects.

In addition, the Proms featured guest appearances by Matt Smith, Jenna Coleman, Peter Davison, and Carole Ann Ford.

The concerts were performed by the BBC National Orchestra of Wales and the London Philharmonic Choir, conducted by Ben Foster, with soloists Elin Manahan Thomas, Allan Clayton, and Kerry Ingram.

As reported previously, the broadcast date was announced during Doctor Who Live: The Next Doctor.
            I look forward to seeing the Proms on TV this time.

Me with my cousins Adam and Darren outside the Royal Albert Hall after attending the Proms on Sunday, 14th July 2013: http://www.flickr.com/photos/8506783...n/photostream/

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
            K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

Great pic! Who knitted the scarf? Or is it an original by Madame Nostradamus?

DWM's Circulation Rockets But DWA's Plunges

Doctor Who Magazine has seen a bumper rise in circulation but Doctor Who Adventures has recorded a sizeable fall.

Figures released at midday today by the Audit Bureau of Circulations showed that DWM had a total average net circulation of 31,692 per issue between January and June 2013 - a 10.3 per cent rise on the previous six months and a 17 per cent year-on-year increase.

However, DWA - which last time reported a slight rise - had a total average net circulation of 24,497 per issue for the same period: a drop of 23.3 per cent on the Jul-Dec 2012 period and a 23.2 per cent fall year-on-year.

Tom Spilsbury, the editor of DWM, told Doctor Who News:
              I'm absolutely delighted – and a little bit stunned – to see Doctor Who Magazine's ABC figure increase by so much for the first part of 2013. Whenever these figures are published, we always brace ourselves – sometimes we might have gone up a bit, sometimes we might have gone down a bit. In fact, even holding steady is always a major achievement in the current magazine climate. For us to have increased by more than 10 per cent since the last report is staggering, and also highlights our strong sales in North America, due to the increasing popularity of Doctor Who there.

Of course, the second half of 2013 will see the 50th anniversary of Doctor Who itself, so here at Panini we're very hopeful that we can keep these strong sales – and improve on them – in time for the next ABC report in six months' time. We've got some great plans for the 50th anniversary, which will include strong coverage of the forthcoming Anniversary and Christmas Specials, as well as the Adventure in Space and Time drama for BBC Two. We're also planning further ahead, as we look forward into next year and the arrival of the Twelfth Doctor.

I'd like to thank all of DWM's readers for staying with us over the years, and to give a huge welcome to anyone who's picked up the magazine for the first time recently. Doctor Who Magazine has been around for almost 34 years now, and we're going to be here for a long time yet. For DWM, the best is definitely still to come!
              A comment from Immediate Media Company, which publishes DWA, was expected later today.

Comment

I'm hearing rumours that the upcoming Christmas special will be called -
                Spoiler:
                "The Twelfth Night".

No confirmation, no denials, just rumours at this point.
                sigpic
                Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
                To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
                And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

Originally posted by Alan View Post
                  I look forward to seeing the Proms on TV this time.

Me with my cousins Adam and Darren outside the Royal Albert Hall after attending the Proms on Sunday, 14th July 2013: http://www.flickr.com/photos/8506783...n/photostream/
                  Great pic! Who knitted the scarf? Or is it an original by Madame Nostradamus?
                  LOL! It is actually an original version of the more recently released long scarf. I believe this one, which belongs to my cousins, was one that was on sale around the late 1970's during the Blackpool Exhibition. None of us could wear it for very long because the heat in London was around the 30 degree mark at the time.

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,

Comment

Originally posted by BruTak View Post
                    I'm hearing rumours that the upcoming Christmas special will be called -
                    Spoiler:
                    "The Twelfth Night".

No confirmation, no denials, just rumours at this point.
                    It seems appropriate for the two major pertinent issues.

Comment

Doctor Who: Why Peter Capaldi's 12th Doctor might be a lot like Malcolm Tucker after all
                      It's idiotic to suggest the actor will simply transplant his Thick of It character to the Tardis - but Malcolm Tucker and Capaldi's new Time Lord could still have a lot in common, says Tristram Fane Saunders

Written By
                      Tristram Fane Saunders
                      1:12 PM, 16 August 2013

“OMG Malcolm Tucker as #DoctorWho? Swearing in the Tardis?! LOL!” No. This has been said to death, but firstly Doctor Who doesn’t swear, and Peter Capaldi, as an actor, can play more than one role. But we shouldn’t dismiss the internet hubbub entirely. The Twitterers could be closer to the mark than they realise.

The Doctor may not have Tucker’s vocabulary, but he is likely to have his accent. For whatever reason, some fans seem to object to this. Christopher Eccleston kept his mellow Northern tones, but judging by the forums some people think Scotland is slightly too far to stretch. Plenty of planets have a North, admittedly, but there’s only one Glasgow.

Given this, younger Whovians might expect the 12th Doctor to ‘do a Tennant’ and ditch the Celtic lilt for RP. Capaldi’s done it once before, when he appeared as Caecilius in The Fires of Pompeii. But this is forgetting a basic rule of TV: all Romans speak with a Southern English accent. It doesn’t matter if the actor is from Glasgow, Texas or (heavens forfend!) Rome. If he doesn’t rhyme “glass” with “parse”, he can’t be a centurion. Aliens, however, are another matter. As a proud Scot, Capaldi’s far more likely to follow Sylvester McCoy in keeping his accent (though this could mean an emergency regeneration after the referendum).

And what about his personality? If we were to take Capaldi’s time on The Thick of It as a source for inspiration, once we’d stripped away the profanity, what would a Tucker-flavoured Doctor be like? Not a Downing Street ‘enforcer,’ but perhaps a bit of an authoritarian. Quick to criticise authority, too, having little patience for self-inflated bureaucrats, narrow-minded ministers or red tape in general. Probably hangs around with journalists and drives an expensive car.

But an actor doesn’t create a character by thinking ‘which of my old performances can I recycle?’ They do it by studying the role, and as a life-long Who fan Capaldi has plenty of raw material to work with. With 11 previous Doctors for inspiration, he has no reason to ape Malcolm Tucker. The real question is – which Doctor will influence him most?

When Peter Capaldi sauntered onstage for the big reveal, several eagle-eyed viewers noticed his cheeky lapel-pulling, and recognised it as a trademark mannerism of William Hartnell, the First Doctor. Hartnell’s not a bad starting point, but my bets are on Jon Pertwee. You see, Peter Capaldi was born in 1958. This means that when he sent his Doctor Who fan mail to Radio Times as a 15-year-old anarak, his Doctor was Pertwee, the Third Doctor. It was Pertwee who formed his idea of what the series should be.

Let’s see what that beacon of knowledge and wisdom, Wikipedia, has to tell us about the Third Doctor: “Authoritarian, [but] just as quick to criticise authority, too, having little patience with self-inflated bureaucrats, parochially narrow ministers or red tape in general.” He “grudgingly” dealt with different governments while working as an “enforcer” for the Time Lords, and hung around with Sarah-Jane Smith, who was, um, a journalist. Oh, and he drove an expensive car (a canary-yellow Edwardian roadster named Bessie).

So maybe the idiots are right, but they’ve got the whole thing back-to-front: Doctor Who might resemble Malcolm Tucker, but Malcolm Tucker has always been a bit like Doctor Who.

Link to original article here: http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2013-...cker-after-all

Comment

*sights* Why do I not live in the UK? Does anybody know, if there is a chance to see this, if you don't recieve BBC? A whole concert of Doctor Who <music just sounds amazing.
                        Nobody asked me, if I wanted to live. So don't anyone tell me how I shoul lead my life.

Comment

Originally posted by Greenee View Post
                          *sights* Why do I not live in the UK? Does anybody know, if there is a chance to see this, if you don't recieve BBC? A whole concert of Doctor Who <music just sounds amazing.
                          YouTube?

Comment

http://doctorwhotv.co.uk/updates-ser...-end-52487.htm
                            Updates on Series 7 soundtrack

Spoiler:
                            Silva Screen have opened pre-orders for a limited edition version of the Series 7 soundtrack, due for release 9 September 2013.

The highly anticipated soundtrack to Doctor Who Series 7, the last to feature Matt Smith as the Doctor, will be released as a double CD. To celebrate the 50th Anniversary of the cult BBC series, a highly collectable Limited Edition version will be exclusively available here, containing five cards featuring alternative covers for the release.

For the full track list see here. A sample track is available to listen to in the player below. Hear more samples here.

50th Anniversary Audio: The Light at the End

the-light-at-the-end-cover-artBig Finish have announced a limited edition vinyl release (500 copies) of their upcoming multi-Doctor audio, The Light at the End. The drama is due this November and unites the five surviving Doctors from the classic era, alongside several companions.

More details from their website:

Available to pre-order now, and released in November, 500 numbered copies of The Light at the End will be pressed in heavy 180g vinyl. The four-disc set, containing the adventure and a making of documentary, will be presented in a beautiful four-way gatefold sleeve, with rigid slipcase and an exclusive 30cm x 30cm lenticular image.

You can order The Light at the End: Limited Edition Vinyl HERE for an special pre-order reduction of £99.99 (RRP £129.99)

The Light at the End unites the Fourth, Fifth, Sixth, Seventh and Eighth Doctors to solve a threat to time, space and, almost as importantly, his very existence! Only one person could be this malevolent: the Master. But will he finally succeed in wiping the Doctor – all the Doctors – from the face of the universe?
                            Last edited by Teddybrown; 17 August 2013, 09:17 AM.

Comment

http://doctorwhotv.co.uk/neil-cross-...es-8-52504.htm
                              Neil Cross back for Season 8

Spoiler:
                              Neil Cross, the writer of Doctor Who episodes The Rings of Akhaten and Hide, has revealed he has been invited back for Series 8.

Cross told Stuff: “I am going back. I have got story ideas tucked away, but if I told you about them I would have to kill you. There’s a whole bunch of stuff I want to do. Steven is clearly very busy with the 50th anniversary special and Christmas special, but I have to find out from Steven what his intentions for the Doctor are and what sort of stories he wants me to write.”

Cross also spoke about Peter Capaldi’s casting: “I am really excited about writing for Peter Capaldi, and equally sad not to have the opportunity to write for Matt Smith again. I think Matt Smith has been the most outstanding Doctor to date.”

“I am familiar with Peter Capaldi’s work and I am looking forward to it. Peter has presence on the screen. I think he’s an outstanding choice. There’s something about his physicality, his image, his wit, that evokes the Doctor. There’s something about him that evokes classic Doctor Who.”

Comment

Originally posted by Teddybrown View Post
                                YouTube?
                                yah, well, hopefully
                                Nobody asked me, if I wanted to live. So don't anyone tell me how I shoul lead my life.

Comment

Working...
                                X