This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cant wait to see how he introduces himself, should be a great scene
    Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
    - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

Mickey has updated his site

http://www.whoisdoctorwho.co.uk

and there is a new spin off site

http://www.visittorchwood.co.uk/
      Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.

Comment

Decided to let the thread I created for the commentaries, die, and post the links in here

Right click and then save as...

Tooth And Claw - By David Tennant, Simone Winstone and Derek Riddell.

New Earth - By David Tennant, Russell T Davies, and Phil Collinson.

Christmas Invasion - By Russell T Davies, Julie Gardner and Phil Collinson.

Comment

Region 2 DVD have posted a review of the first Season "2" DVD featuring " Christmas Invasion" and "New Earth"

Click here to read the review.

Comment

School Reunion, the third episode in the new series of Doctor Who, will be transmitted five minutes later than usual at 7.20pm on Saturday 29 April 2006.

Investigating some strange goings-on at Deffry Vale High School, the Doctor bumps into his old travelling companions Sarah Jane Smith (Elisabeth Sladen) and K9 (John Leeson) - whilst simultaneously having to deal with the school's sinister headmaster Mr Finch (Anthony Head).

Last week's werewolf wonder, Tooth and Claw, peaked at an amazing 9.3 million viewers.

Doctor Who Confidential's behind-the-scenes look at the making of School Reunion will also begin five minutes later, at 8.05pm.

Don't miss Miss Smith!

Comment

Strange that its starting later, wasnt this one supposed to be earlier than normal? Or is that after School Reunion?

Comment

Did anyone just see that? A HUGE Dr Who preview came on right after Reporting Scotland. It showed a lot of clips from future episodes.

Spoiler:
                I saw K-9 firing his weapon, and he also spoke, though his voice could do with a bit of lubricating. And Rose and Sarah Jane had a bit of a face-off with each other. MEEOW!
                "Captain, you almost make me believe in luck."

Comment

Originally posted by Missster.Freeman
                  Ah man, I totally missed that. And I had even seen previews for it on BBC1, it has Liz from Blue Peter as well. Gosh darn it...
                  The title sequence is pretty cool, stylized animated versions of the Doctor and Rose batttling Cybermen etc. Keep a sick bag handy for the Companion Academy sequence - good grief! Where did the BBC turn up such ugly children?
                  sigpic
                  Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
                  To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
                  And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

Originally posted by S.G.C
                    Decided to let the thread I created for the commentaries, die, and post the links in here

Right click and then save as...

Tooth And Claw - By David Tennant, Simone Winstone and Derek Riddell.

New Earth - By David Tennant, Russell T Davies, and Phil Collinson.

Christmas Invasion - By Russell T Davies, Julie Gardner and Phil Collinson.
                    Anyone actually listening to these, as the tooth and claw one revealed some intersting details to do with the opening sequence

Comment

Listened to the TCI and New Earth, listening to Tooth and Claw now, killing myself laughing

Comment

The BBC Doctor Who homepage has been updated for the latest episode....

Comment

Volume 2 Cover Art available in the DVD Thread. Post With Cover-art

Comment

Hmm, not sure if I like the "posed" shots.
                            sigpic
                            Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
                            To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
                            And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

Originally posted by BruTak
                              Hmm, not sure if I like the "posed" shots.
                              Well, posed shots can be good, but I agree with you that some of these new series covers look silly.

A little more subtlety in their posture would be nice.

Comment

I'm not sure that I like it that much. It reminds me of something else, some other show but I can't quite put my finger on it.

Maybe they've gone with this style because of the 'kids' factor...I know my kids would find it funky.

Comment

Working...
                                X