This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
    True but wouldn't it be awkward seeing them as friends from the past? I wonder why they became enemies though.
    I sort of see it as a Xavier/Magneto thing from X-Men: First Class. Kinda works for me...

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Moriarty Who?
      Published July 1, 2013

The man behind Moriarty, Andrew Scott, is the latest actor to address talk that he may be in line for the next Doctor.

He told Flicks and the City in a video interview: “Well it’s a very flattering thing to be involved in all those discussions, but one has to wait to be asked those things.”

He adds: “They’re very secretive. I know Mr Moffat very well so he’ll keep his cards close to his chest for as long as possible.”

In related news, Matt Smith’s Doctor will battle with Andrew Scott’s Moriarty as part of a stage production tonight.

The Radio Times reports:
      The Audience, a one-off sequel to hit West End show The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time, will form part of an event at London’s Apollo Theatre tonight (Monday 1 July) to raise money for two autism charities.

The tale sees the Time Lord enlisting Boone’s help in an attempt to foil a plot by Moriarty (the villain viewers loved to hate in BBC1?s Sherlock) to disseminate a computer virus which would destroy people’s ability to understand metaphors (a common effect of autism) and thereby their capacity to create art and culture.

As he embarks on his mission for the Doctor, Boone asks permission from Her Majesty the Queen to seek help from secret service computer expert Q.

Link to original article here: http://doctorwhotv.co.uk/moriarty-who-50995.htm

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
      K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

Who verses Who in the TV Choice Awards

http://www.doctorwhonews.net/2013/07...ce-awards.html

Doctor goes up against Doctor in the final shortlist for the 2013 TV Choice awards with both Matt Smith and David Tennant being nominated as Best Actor, the latter for his role in Broadchurch. The two actors face competition from Brendan Coyle for Downton Abbey and Jeremy Piven for Mr Selfridge

Jenna Coleman is nominated for Best Actress for her performance as Clara and faces competition from Olivia Colman for Broadchurch, Miranda Hart for Call The Midwife and former Big Finish actress Sheridan Smith for Mrs Biggs.

Doctor Who is nominated for Best Drama Series, a title it has taken for the past three years. It faces opposition from Call The Midwife on BBC One, Downton Abbey on ITV and Waterloo Road on BBC One.

Voting is open online until Friday 12 July with the winners being named at a ceremony hosted by Ben Miller at The Dorchester in London on Monday 9th September.

You can vote here -> http://www.tvchoicemagazine.co.uk/awards/2013

Comment

Waterloo Road is up for Best Drama? Really?

Blimey, if that's what's considered the best, I'd hate to see what they think the worst is.

The only reason I watch it is it's filmed in my old school.
          sigpic
          Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
          To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
          And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

Originally posted by Blencathra View Post
            Voted! Doctor Who, Matt Smith, Jenna Coleman. The usual suspects basically.

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,

Comment

I've voted...!

Jenna Louise Coleman, Matt Smith, Doctor Who...
              "What do you mean by 'Oopps'?"
              Team Starfist protects all. But having a fully loaded P-90 helps...
              Reality is an illusion... Created by those who cannot handle Stargate...!
              Jankowski's Rules: Rule 1: Check your Six!
              I'm not perfect. But parts of me are excellent I also cook...!
              To thy own self... Be true
              May the odds.... Be ever in your favour..!

Comment

I voted too - same as you Starfist !

It would be amazing if Matt won but he has some awesome competition this year.

Comment

Reece Shearsmith was interviewed on BBC Breakfast this morning, mostly regarding his new movie "A Field In England", but he did speak briefly about playing Patrick Troughton in "An Adevnture In Space and Time".
                  sigpic
                  Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,

Comment

Prince Charles inside the Tardis on Doctor Who studio visit
                    3rd July 2013

The Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall have met some of the Doctor Who cast and the Doctor's deadly adversaries on a visit to the set in Cardiff.

The royal couple is visiting BBC Wales' Roath Lock studios on day three of their annual summer tour of Wales.

They were greeted by two of the Doctor's most famous foes, the Daleks, before meeting the cast inside the Tardis.

Related article: Royals meet Doctor Who and Daleks

Link to original article which also features a video is here: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-23161001

Comment

Originally posted by Alan View Post
                      Prince Charles inside the Tardis on Doctor Who studio visit
                      3rd July 2013

The Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall have met some of the Doctor Who cast and the Doctor's deadly adversaries on a visit to the set in Cardiff.

The royal couple is visiting BBC Wales' Roath Lock studios on day three of their annual summer tour of Wales.

They were greeted by two of the Doctor's most famous foes, the Daleks, before meeting the cast inside the Tardis.

Related article: Royals meet Doctor Who and Daleks

Link to original article which also features a video is here: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-23161001

That was very cool. Pity you couldn't hear much of the conversations
                      Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

Am I the only one who thinks Prince Charles is turning into young Mr. Grace?
                        sigpic

Comment

The Royal Visit to BBC Cymru Wales’ Roath Lock Studios,
                          3 July, 2013

Their Royal Highnesses celebrate the 50th anniversary of Doctor Who.

Photo Gallery: http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/galleries/p01c8dl4

Comment

http://doctorwhotv.co.uk/the-truth-b...aled-51082.htm
                            Another small leak from the BBC may have revealed where this Doctor fits into the regenerations...

Comment

Where's my credit card!

Matt Smith leads an all-star cast at Doctor Who 50th Celebration

http://www.bbc.co.uk/mediacentre/wor...doctorwho.html

On November 23rd, 2013, Doctor Who fans around the world will celebrate the 50th anniversary of the world’s longest running sci-fi series. We are delighted to announce that current Doctor – Matt Smith – will attend the only official 50th anniversary Celebration at ExCeL, London alongside special guests confirmed so far: Tom Baker*, Colin Baker and Sylvester McCoy who have also played the iconic role of the Doctor. The event on the 22nd, 23rd and 24th November is a must for the whole family to celebrate their love of all things Doctor Who, with an exciting range of activities to suit all ages. Keep your eyes peeled for further announcements of high profile guests in the coming weeks.

Matt Smith says
                              The event this year will be an extra special occasion for me, I’m truly looking forward to a huge celebration with the fans in the lead up to the 50th anniversary episode.
                              Ticket holders to this once-in-a-lifetime event will have access to a whole range of activities including:
                              • Guaranteed seats to two theatre panel shows featuring star guests from 50 years of Doctor Who.
                              • Guaranteed seats in a spectacular special effects show hosted by Doctor Who’s special effects guru Danny Hargreaves.
                              • Activities in the main halls including: stunt workshops with Doctor Who stunt co-ordinator Crispin Layfield and stunt double Gordon Seed, audio and visual effect workshops, on-stage panels with cast members, walk-like-a-monster master-classes with Doctor Who’s official monster choreographer Ailsa Burke, quizzes and games for fans young and old and plenty more to ensure the whole family have an amazing day out celebrating Doctor Who.

All of the above will be available to guests who purchase a standard ticket to the event. Tickets go on general sale at 11am on Monday 8th July 2013 from celebration.doctorwho.tv. Standard tickets are priced at £45 for adults and £20 for kids, while a family ticket will cost £104** (two adults and two children***). Tickets cover entry to the Celebration for one day.

There is also an option to purchase a limited edition TARDIS ticket. This ticket guarantees front row seats to the theatre shows, a private lounge for use all day, drinks and light refreshments and a special goodie bag with exclusive merchandise which can be collected on the day guests attend. TARDIS tickets are priced at £95.50 for adults, £44.25 for children and £218 for a family****.

To ensure every visitor gets access to the best experience, when buying tickets online they will have the option to choose one of two streams – Ice Warrior or Weeping Angel – which will reserve each guest a seat for that day’s shows in the theatre.

Visitors to the Celebration will also have the opportunity to visit signature and photo booths where they can meet their heroes from 50 years of Doctor Who (photos with Matt Smith should be booked in advance via the website). These opportunities will be available at a fee and subject to availability.

In addition to the Celebration, further activity is being planned for the Saturday evening and will be announced soon.

For more information on the Celebration and a Plan Your Day guide, visit celebration.doctorwho.tv. To hear who else will be making the journey to this once-in-a-lifetime occasion at ExCeL in November subscribe to the doctorwho.tv newsletter and follow us on twitter at www.twitter.com/dwcelebration.

*Tom Baker is only able to attend the Doctor Who Celebration on Saturday 23rd November

**Prices shown for standard tickets exclude booking fee

***Children under five can attend for free, but must be able to sit on a parents lap during the theatre shows as seats are pre-allocated

****Prices shown for TARDIS tickets include booking fee
                              Last edited by Blencathra; 04 July 2013, 05:03 AM.

Comment

First glimpse of retro TARDIS used in Mark Gatiss' Doctor Who drama
                                The console, on display at Paris Comic Con, gives fans of the classic series a treat

Stephen Kelly
                                3:06 PM, 04 July 2013

It's time for a blast from the past. In anticipation of Mark Gatiss' dramatisation of the genesis of Doctor Who, attendees at Paris Comic Con were given a glimpse at the TARDIS console used in filming for An Adventure In Space And Time.

The retro console, a replica of the one used by first Doctor William Hartnell in 1963, will be seen on screen when the drama airs later this year. Staring David Bradely as the Time Lord himself, it’s set to detail how the show originally made it to screen and beyond.

The pictures, taken by fan site Blogtor Who, can be seen below…

Image 1: http://1923.radiotimes.com/uploads/i...inal/33114.jpg

Image 2: http://1923.radiotimes.com/uploads/i...inal/33115.jpg

Image 3: http://1923.radiotimes.com/uploads/i...inal/33116.jpg

Link to original article here: http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2013-...ctor-who-drama

Comment

Working...
                                X