This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Doctor Who, Jenna Coleman and the mystery of the missing Louise
    The Doctor Who star is to drop the second part of her name from all future acting work
    Full article here: http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2013-...missing-louise

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
    K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

Originally posted by Teddybrown View Post
      Ugh, so do we have to put up with almost daily "*insert name* will be the next Doctor" stories till then??
      I will be the next Doctor Who...

Comment

Originally posted by Quizziard View Post
        I will be the next Doctor Who...
        The next Doctor who will what?

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Doctor Who's Matt Smith auctions Ritz afternoon tea date for charity

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/showbiz/...r-charity.html

Matt Smith is giving one fan the chance to meet him for afternoon tea at The Ritz.

The Doctor Who star, who will be leaving the role in December, is offering the experience as part of an auction for two autism charities. Bidding on the afternoon, which will be for the winner and a friend, has already begun on sellebrity.org.uk.

The website auction will be frozen at 11.10am on Monday, July 1, where all bids will be carried over to the evening event, which starts at 8pm. Bidding on the website prior to this means that fans will be able to telephone the auctioneer's assistant during the auction to make their final bids.

All proceeds from the evening will be split equally between two charities - Ambitious about Autism and The National Autistic Society.

Smith will be seen next in Doctor Who's 50th anniversary special before leaving the sci-fi series during the Christmas episode.

Comment

Doctor Who to be star attraction at Radio Times exhibition

http://www.doctorwhonews.net/2013/06...613094517.html

Doctor Who is to have its own special display at an exhibition marking the 90th anniversary of listings magazine Radio Times.

Cover Story: Radio Times At 90, to be held at the Museum of London from Friday 2nd August to Sunday 3rd November, will celebrate the history of the publication and reflect the story of broadcasting in Britain, showcasing some of its iconic covers from various programmes over the past nine decades.

It will be divided into sections covering various time frames, but as a nod to the 50th anniversary of Doctor Who and the fact that the programme has had such a lengthy relationship with the magazine - it was granted its first cover in February 1964 to publicise the start of the seven-part story Marco Polo - there will be a separate section for it that will feature covers as well as photographs from the Radio Times archive.

In addition, visitors can become cover stars themselves, posing alongside a life-size Dalek against a backdrop of Westminster Bridge to re-create the 2005 "Vote Dalek!" Radio Times cover, which promoted the episode Dalek and was voted most iconic cover of all time in the Great Cover Debate in 2008 run by the Periodical Publishers Association (now called the Professional Publishers Association). That particular cover is also currently in the running to be named Cover of the Century, with public voting open until Monday 30th September via the PPA website.

The free exhibition will take visitors from the BBC's first radio transmission to today's multi-channel offerings, through landmark broadcasts, archive clips, broadcast artefacts, and original Radio Times photography and artwork, including pieces by C R W Nevinson, John Gilroy, and influential British graphic designer Abram Games.

Radio Times editor Ben Preston said:
            To flick through the covers of Radio Times over the past 90 years is to watch a popular history of Britain unfold: royal weddings, coronations, the outbreak of war and peace, moon landings, and even a victorious World Cup, household names created, and stars born - all have graced the cover of Radio Times.

No other magazine can rival Radio Times for showcasing the work of some of the nation's finest artists and photographers, creating unforgettable magazine covers that resonate today. In our 90th year, it is fantastic to work with the Museum of London to celebrate Radio Times' heritage and continued success.
            Museum of London curator Jim Gledhill added:
            The history of broadcasting in Britain has strong associations with London as the birthplace of the BBC. Radio Times has been an integral part of this history, so it is fitting that the Museum of London mark its 90th anniversary.
            Sharon Ament, Museum of London director, stated:
            Some of the most momentous moments from Radio Times' considerable canon will be on our walls. That's not only rather splendid but totally apt as this publication has been a large part of much of our culture for the past 90 years. With its roots in London there was a point when no sitting room was without this magazine. It was a weekly ritual to pore over its pages. I can't wait for the exhibition to open.
            Radio Times, which was first published by the BBC in London on 28th September 1923 and is now published by Immediate Media Co, won the PPA's Consumer Magazine of the Year Award on Wednesday.

Comment

A message from Detroit for Doctor Who fans
              Matt Smith sends a personal message to Doctor Who fans.

Check the video out here: http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p01bqbpb

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,

Comment

When Futurama Met The Doctor
                Posted on June 23, 2013 by Rich Johnston

Full article here: http://www.bleedingcool.com/2013/06/...et-the-doctor/

Comment

Will A Missing Episode Teaser Appear On The Doctor Who: The Terror Of The Zygons DVD?
                  Posted on June 24, 2013 by Rich Johnston

Link to full article here: http://www.bleedingcool.com/2013/06/...ho-the-zygons/

Comment

It would be lovely if it was true that these missing episodes have been discovered. But I'm not getting my hopes up. I'll be quite content to just have The Terror of the Zygons without the missing episode teaser, but if one is on there it will be an extra wonderful surprise. To be honest though, these rumours are getting more and more bizarre and I'm more and more inclined to be disbelieving.

Comment

Am I the only one who's fed up with the "90 missing episodes" saga now?
                      sigpic
                      Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
                      To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
                      And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

Originally posted by BruTak View Post
                        Am I the only one who's fed up with the "90 missing episodes" saga now?
                        No you're not. It's annoying me to bits.
                        Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

Very nice.
                          sigpic
                          Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
                          To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
                          And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

Realy don't now, where to look, backround or front ;-) great picture...
                            Nobody asked me, if I wanted to live. So don't anyone tell me how I shoul lead my life.

Comment

http://doctorwhotv.co.uk/ben-whishaw...ours-50848.htm
                              Ben Whishaw silences rumours

Comment

Too bad. I think he would have made a great doctor.

Comment

Working...
                                X