Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yippee!!! Go the Doctor!! Good to see Quatermass in there too - saw the DVD of the Quatermass trilogy in Dymocks today... Christmas is lookin' good!!

Comment

Glad to see Doctor Who came first and Ultraviolet was in there. Shame they never made a second series of that.
      Last edited by in circles; 07 August 2005, 08:58 AM.

Comment

Robin of Sherwood?

ugh
        Thanks!
        Jordan

my page
        My LJ
        From now on, our name will be 'Tenac'.

Comment

I can't think of a better all round SciFi show than Dr Who.

I loved Blake 7 but haven't seen it for many years. Red dwarf / HHGTTG are both funny and brilliant in fact interesting that all top three shows are a mixture of humour and straight SciFi. You guys have great taste.

Comment

Glad to see Red Dwarf and Dr Who at the top they are so cool. But Sapphire and Steel, wasn't that in the early seventies? I don't ever remember watching repeats of it either. And robin of sherwood hmmmm....are they making it up!

Comment

I'm stunned and very happy to see Ultraviolet there, despite only having a single series. (It didn't get cancelled, the people making it just decided not to make a second series. Grrrr.)

Madeleine

Comment

Should I be embarrassed to admit that I loved Robin of Sherwood and never missed an episode if I could avoid it?

I plead irresponsible youth - I was in my early teens and didn't know any better.

It was superbly loopy though - all that stuff with a dude wearing a stag's head on his bonce and dispensing wisdom while standing in front of a huge spotlight and smoke machine. Add a slightly maniacal/borderline doolally Sheriff of Nottingham and a suitably lunkheaded sidekick, all the requisite stereotype merry men etc. etc.

Mind you, I've caught a few episodes on ITV3 since then, and wondered what on earth I was thinking back when it first aired.
                sigpic

Comment

Come on; you know Ultraviolet would've gone down the tubes in a second series. I love the fact it took a graceful bow at the end of its run. Didn't the guy direct Dalek? Joe Ahearne, I mean.

They redid Quatermass just this year. BBC 3, live broadcast: fantastic stuff. Had David Tennant in it and all. Love Dr Who, but the new Quatermass knocked the early episodes of this new series into a cocked hat for tension, although Who got its stuff together for The Empty Child, right enough.
                  Behold the majesty that is...GERALD!
                  - Read The Prophet's fan fiction at The Lost Vegas Public Library.

Comment

From the Visimag/TV Zone Magazine website:

http://www.visimag.com/tvzone/t194_news01.htm

News: Updates
                    Doctor Who and Angel News

What's happening in the world of Cult TV…
                    • The BBC have confirmed that the new season of Doctor Who will see the return of robot companion K-9, played once again by John Leeson. The character will appear in Episode Three, School Reunion, alongside Elisabeth Sladen as Sarah Jane Smith.

Who producer Phil Collinson commented on K-9’s return, noting that, "A whole generation fondly remember him as an ever-faithful companion and best friend to Tom Baker's Doctor. I hope the new generation of viewers will fall in love with him in the same way – I'm sure he's going to prove an invaluable help to the Doctor in the fight against intergalactic evil."

School Reunion, which also guest stars Buffy The Vampire Slayer’s Anthony Stewart Head, sees David Tennant’s Tenth Doctor investigating sinister goings-on at a modern comprehensive school, and taking on the evil Krillitanes.

• Doctor Who and Red Dwarf will be coming to an even smaller screen near you, thanks to a licensing deal between BBC Worldwide and ROK Player which is set to see a number of BBC properties released for full-length, full-screen play on mobile phones. Among the initial titles licensed as part of the deal are Doctor Who: The Five Doctors and the Red Dwarf episodes Marooned (Series Three), Quarantine (Series Five) and Cassandra (Series Eight). Other shows are set to be released in coming months; TV Zone will provide details of the upcoming titles as they become available.

• A conclusion to the cliffhanger ending of Angel’s fifth and final season may be in the offing, as news broke on the Whedonesque website that Angel writer/producer Tim Minear is set to pen a TV movie based around the popular character of Spike.

‘I had lunch with Joss [Whedon, Buffy creator] and he asked me if I wanted to write and direct some blond Vampire movie thing’, Minear noted. ‘Should I do it? (I of course said yes right off, still…) Anything under 13 hours scares me. And anything over 13 hours... um. I got nothin.’ Although the news hasn’t been officially confirmed by The WB or Whedon’s Mutant Enemy production house, it seems likely that something’s in the offing.

Spike, the peroxide Vampire played by James Marsters, first appeared on Buffy The Vampire Slayer before making the transition to Angel in Season Five. The actor is currently working on the new season of The WB’s Smallville, playing the classic Superman villain Brainiac.

Catch up on the latest news, in
                    TV Zone #194

http://www.visimag.com/tvzone/t194_display.htm

|*|(*)|*|(*)|*|

Morjana

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
                    SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
                    Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

Thank you
                      gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
                      so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
                      love Torri

Comment

Originally posted by morjana

News: Updates

• Doctor Who and Red Dwarf will be coming to an even smaller screen near you, thanks to a licensing deal between BBC Worldwide and ROK Player which is set to see a number of BBC properties released for full-length, full-screen play on mobile phones.

Morjana
                        darn it! i'd much prefer they release it for a mid-sized tv in the US!!!
                        Thanks!
                        Jordan

my page
                        My LJ
                        From now on, our name will be 'Tenac'.

Comment

but wont the quality be not as good. Why dont we just keep with our dvds much better.
                          Oh Yes the Sam is Back and hes more Sci-fied up than ever !!!!!!!!!

Coming Soon a new Banner from Me

Comment

... A Spike movie?

Really, really, really?

Spiffy!

Note: User's posts are rarely serious.
                            Member of the F.O.R.D. || Martouf Marty's Webpage || (LJ)

Comment

http://scifipulse.net/Dr_Who/D_Tennent_ONWHO.html

In an exclusive interview for Dreamwatch magazine David Tennant reveals his thoughts on playing the 10 th incarnation of ‘The Doctor’ and reveals why he thinks the Sci Fi Genre is proving so popular with viewers around the world.

One thing that shocked many viewers of the new series was the sudden departure of Christopher Eccelston the 9 th Doctor, and when asked if he would be likely to leave in the same way Tennant is cautious yet also somewhat understanding.

“I’m doing 14 episodes, and we’ll see what happens. It’s 13 episodes plus one Christmas Special.” Revealed David Tennant for DW Magazine. In regard to reports of Tennant having signed a 2 year contract, he makes no mention of that, however with Tennant being somewhat more of a fan of the show than Eccelston was, it maybe safe to assume that he will stick around for awhile if he enjoys the work.

One thing that Tennant has which maybe Eccelston didn’t is a proper understanding of the Doctor Who series, the actor when accepting the role made it very clear that he was a fan of the series during his youth and was more than happy to share his memories of his favourite Doctor Who.
                              gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
                              so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
                              love Torri

Comment

Thanks for the link, I really hope he stays unlike Chris

sigpic
                                Gate City - My humorous Stargate site made when I was young, enjoy!
                                Previously known as False hope who was previously known as McKay's girl

Comment

Working...
                                X