Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If the BBC cast an older actor, my vote goes to Michael Kitchen.

But if they absolutely have to cast an American, then I want John Lithgow for the part.
    Just so he can play the post-Regeneration trauma like he played Dick Solomon in 3rd Rock from the Sun.
    sigpic
    Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
    To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
    And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

It's gonna be a relatively unknown actor. That's the usual way...

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Flyboy View Post
        Sadly, yes. Got to keep the squealing fangirls happy...
        sigpic
        Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
        To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
        And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

Originally posted by BruTak View Post
          I prefer unknown actors, they don't come with the preconceptions and baggage of known actors.

Take Bill Nighy - he could be a fantastic Doctor, but at the same time - he would always BE Bill Nighy pretending to be The Doctor. Casting an unknown actor means that they don't just portray the Doctor, they become the Doctor, and offer a much more believable performance.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

I prefer unknown actors, they don't come with the preconceptions and baggage of known actors.

Take Bill Nighy - he could be a fantastic Doctor, but at the same time - he would always BE Bill Nighy pretending to be The Doctor. Casting an unknown actor means that they don't just portray the Doctor, they become the Doctor, and offer a much more believable performance.
            That's a very good point. I remember having great difficulty with the fifth Doctor, as to me he would always be Tristan Farnon. It took me quite a while to get used to him as the Doctor.

Comment

http://doctorwhotv.co.uk/coleman-on-...ture-50172.htm
              Jenna on Matt leaving

Comment

What a lovely tribute!

BTW "Doctor" or "Matt Smith" is trending on Twitter worldwide and more specifically in the UK, USA, Canada & Australia. Doctor Who touches so many people.

Comment

Would you like some rumours?

Via http://www.facebook.com/TimeBase, who claim to have "insider" knowledge. Take with the usual good large pinch of salt.

Spoiler:
                  The new Doctor has already been chosen.
                  The regeneration will take place during the 50th anniversary special.
                  Only two episodes (the 50th and Xmas) between now and August 2014.
                  Series 8 will only have 12 episodes.
                  Series 8 "will be pivotal and a lot rides on it going well."

Comment

Originally posted by Blencathra View Post
                    Would you like some rumours?

Via http://www.facebook.com/TimeBase, who claim to have "insider" knowledge. Take with the usual good large pinch of salt.

Spoiler:
                    The new Doctor has already been chosen.
                    The regeneration will take place during the 50th anniversary special.
                    Only two episodes (the 50th and Xmas) between now and August 2014.
                    Series 8 will only have 12 episodes.
                    Series 8 "will be pivotal and a lot rides on it going well."
                    I'd say take with a salt mine rather than a large pinch of it. Did this TimeBase person miss the part in the announcement where Matt says:

"Thank you so very much for supporting my incarnation of the Time Lord, number Eleven, who I might add is not done yet, I'm back for the 50th anniversary and the Christmas special!"

Based on this, I'd prefer not to hear any more from "TimeBase" who from here on out should be known as "Waste of Time".

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
                    K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

We'll soon see.

Spoiler:
                      If Matt turns up & starts filming the Xmas special then we know for definite that it's a load of rubbish.

Comment

Originally posted by Alan View Post
                        I'd say take with a salt mine rather than a large pinch of it. Did this TimeBase person miss the part in the announcement where Matt says:

"Thank you so very much for supporting my incarnation of the Time Lord, number Eleven, who I might add is not done yet, I'm back for the 50th anniversary and the Christmas special!"
                        He could always regenerate at the end of the 50th but re-appear in the Christmas special, with Moffatt's wibbly-wobbly timey-wimey non-sequential plotting.

Comment

I do agree with this. I've always likes unknown actors better than well known faces. This doesn't count only for Who but nearly any kind of film/movie. Fortunatly I don't know many actors anyway so most actors, even rather famous ones would be new faces to be.

By the way
                          Quote Originally Posted by Flyboy View Post
                          Does an unkown actor necessaryly have to be young and handsome?
                          Nobody asked me, if I wanted to live. So don't anyone tell me how I shoul lead my life.

Comment

[/QUOTE]Does an unkown actor necessaryly have to be young and handsome?[/QUOTE]

Hiya New to this thread...But I do think that, if BBC wants to keep their current state of outrageous popularity, they will definitely have to find another actor to replace Matt who is young and not terrible-looking. If he regenerated into an older-looking TimeLord, it would be weird, and they need to find someone who's equally entertaining and who lives up to their predecessor(s) accomplishments playing the role of 'The Doctor'. A lot of people (unfortunately) are most likely going to not watch, or stop watching Doctor Who altogether if Matt Smith won't be in it. But if they find someone who is equally fun, and adorable and talented as Matt Smith, maybe they can save, or even gain viewers. I don't know. I'm going to miss Matt as the Doctor, but there's a chance that the next regeneration will be amazing as well.
                            sigpic

Comment

and could be a ginger too!
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
                                and could be a ginger too!
                                It is what he's always wanted...
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X