X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New BBC Showtiume trailer.

Comment

Originally posted by Blencathra View Post
      From Twitter - BBC Picture Publicity has given Doctor Who Magazine an exclusive cryptic tease of the new TARDIS interior...

http://twitpic.com/bl41ae
      Interested to see the new intertor...
      And lol at Miranda!

Comment

http://doctorwhotv.co.uk/the-snowmen-clip-42934.htm
        The Snowmen clip and sneak peak at new intro

Comment

Awesome I can't wait for this!
          I am Queen McBeck of McTennantLand,
          traveling in the TARDIS with King Rodney & my fine Sir Carson of Atlantis... ALONSY!

sigpic

Comment

Steven Moffat Teases Next Year’s Doctor Who

http://www.sfx.co.uk/2012/12/12/stev...rs-doctor-who/

“We’re back at the movie posters thing,” the Who supremo tell us, confirming that the next eight episodes will share the sense of widescreen ambition that powered this year’s run. “No two-parters, so they’re all standalone stories. And they are all huge – there isn’t the budget-saver episode. I don’t know how we’ve done this. Possibly we’ll find out at the end when we’ll have no money left and will have to go to prison…”

So what sort of tales will we see as the show builds to its huge anniversary?

“We have Doctor Who taking on the modern urban thriller, which is not very much like anyone else’s modern urban thriller!

“We’ve got your base-under-siege story in a new way.

“We’ve gone all-out to give you a fantastic alien planet, which is looking absolutely amazing.

“We’ve got a cracking ghost story, a really cracking ghost story.”

And that’s not all…

“We’ve got Neil Gaiman doing the Cybermen – part of the impulse there was to say “Have we fully exploited the creepy factor of the Cybermen yet?” I thought Neil would be a good match for that.

You’re going to see “Journey To The Centre Of The TARDIS”, with more of the TARDIS than you’ve ever seen before.

“We’ve got Diana Rigg and junior Diana Rigg in an absolutely mental story by Mark Gatiss – all period drama will pale next to this monstrosity of nonsense! It’s absolutely glorious. You’ll watch other period dramas and say ‘When are they going to do the scary bit?’

“And then there’s the finale, which has got some serious fanboy-pleasing going on in it. My aim for it – which I’m about to humiliate myself at the tone meeting by saying – is to have slightly more than you think could possibly happen in one episode. Slightly more treats than you think you could be allowed…”

Comment

Doctor Who to return April 2013

http://www.doctorwhonews.net/2012/12...212132008.html

Doctor Who Magazine have confirmed that the current series of Doctor Who will return to BBC One in April next year, though it is too early for a specific date and time to be revealed.

Though a series (and specials) of Doctor Who will often premiere on an Easter Weekend, this isn't always the case, and next year Easter Sunday falls on 31st March 2013.

Meanwhile, we still have Doctor Who's Christmas Special The Snowmen to look forward to in less than two weeks

Comment

Interesting idea Bru Tak.

New trailer!! I can't wait!

Comment

http://doctorwhotv.co.uk/series-7-pa...2013-42786.htm
                  More details on Series 7 Part 2.

Anyone else thinking the fanboy part that Moffat is referring to is
                  Spoiler:
                  Multiple Doctors?

Comment

Fingers crossed that is what he means Teddy! Anyway what does he mean "fanboys"? What about us girls?! I'm just a likely as the next man to dance a jig if that is what he is talking about.

Comment

Fingers crossed that is what he means Teddy! Anyway what does he mean "fanboys"? What about us girls?! I'm just a likely as the next man to dance a jig if that is what he is talking about.
                      You'd prefer the term "Fanperson"?
                      sigpic
                      Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
                      To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
                      And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

Ugghh no. Just "fans" I think.

2013: A Date with Destiny! Exclusive Doctor Who audio titles for 50th Anniversary Year

http://www.audiogo.com/uk/media/destiny-of-the-doctor

2013 is the 50th anniversary of Doctor Who, and AudioGO will be celebrating throughout the year with a host of exclusive new Doctor Who audiobooks and downloads.

At the heart of the project is the Destiny of the Doctor range of eleven titles built around each Doctor, starting in January with Doctor Who: Hunters of Earth starring the first Doctor (as played on screen by William Hartnell). From there on, each month will see the release of a new title featuring the next Doctor until November, when the current Eleventh Doctor makes his appearance. A celebratory collectors’ boxset will be available from the end of November 2013 featuring all the titles in the range. The series is produced for AudioGO by Big Finish Productions.

The first title, is performed by Carole Ann Ford, who played the Doctor’s granddaughter Susan in the original TV series, and Tam Williams and will be available on CD or download.

In addition to Destiny of the Doctor, AudioGO will be releasing further complete and unabridged novelisations of classic TV adventures. The first, Doctor Who and the Talons of Weng-Chiang is written by Terrance Dicks and read by Christopher Benjamin and will be available on CD or download.

Later in the year, a brand new volume of Doctor Who at the BBC is planned, along with a box set called Fifty Years of Doctor Who at the BBC.

Michael Stevens, Commissioning Editor, at AudioGO said: “2013 going to be a wonderful year for Doctor Who in general, and we are planning to celebrate in style at AudioGO. We’re delighted with some of the readers and writers we have for next year’s range. Our titles continue to be popular with people who love the series, fans as well as families. We have a very strong line-up of new titles – including several surprises to be revealed along the way!”

Comment

Ugghh no. Just "fans" I think.
                          Fair enough. You can be of the female persuasion and still be one of the boys IMO.
                          sigpic
                          Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
                          To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
                          And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

Just watched the trailer, will be weird hearing Ian McKellen voice a baddie, first thing that comes into mind with that voice is Gandalf (or Magneto, bu you could see him then!)!

EDIT: New trailer breakdown
                            http://doctorwhotv.co.uk/the-snowmen...down-42965.htm
                            Last edited by Teddybrown; 12 December 2012, 02:08 PM.

Comment

New Title Sequence for The Snowmen

http://doctorwhotv.co.uk/new-title-s...wmen-43043.htm

Well, here’s another rumour we can now tick off the list. We’re not just getting a new TARDIS in The Snowmen, we’ll also be getting a brand new title sequence.

Den of Geek writes in their review:

They’re new credits too, incidentally, which we’ll leave you to discover for yourself, short of to say they’ve got more nods to Who of old now.
                              Which begs the question: what classic nods might these be?

This also makes us wonder: will we be getting new musical arrangement from Murray Gold to accompany it? We’ll find out soon enough.

Comment

Beat me to it Blen, again...
                                I'm thinking maybe faces?

Comment

Working...
                                X