X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yay!!
    I am Queen McBeck of McTennantLand,
    traveling in the TARDIS with King Rodney & my fine Sir Carson of Atlantis... ALONSY!

sigpic

Comment

Tweet from Doctor Who Official

5:14 PM - 1 Sep 12

The Doctor is back on BBC One at 7.20pm! Right after the episode we’ll have enough extra content to fill a Dalek asylum…http://bbc.in/PX31dV
      Less than two hours to go!!!

Comment

Just over 8 hours for America.
        Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a night. Set a man on fire and he'll be warm the rest of his life.
        ---
        sigpic

Comment

Under 45 mins here in the UK!

Comment

T minus 19 minutes and counting...
            sigpic
            Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
            To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
            And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

So, I think we should move any spoiler discussion to the Series 7 thread so that no one is unwittingly spoiled??
              Come join me to discuss.

Comment

Next time trailer

Spoiler:

Comment

http://doctorwhotv.co.uk/next-time-d...ship-38621.htm
                  Dinosaurs on a Spaceship introduction and trailers.

Comment

Fullscreen capture 2092012 83644 AM.bmp.jpg

i think this seems appropriate
                    Sherlock; the only one in the world + The Doctor; the last of his kind = THEY ARE ONE AND THE SAME

~~~

WATCHING:
                    - Doctor Who (series 7)
                    - Arrested Development (season 3)

WAITING:
                    - Sanctuary (season 5)... but wont get.. RIP Sanctuary, thanks for the memories!
                    - Sherlock (season 3).....MOFFAT!
                    - Arrested Development (season 4 and the movie)... can't wait!

I AM WHOLOCKED.

Comment

http://doctorwhotv.co.uk/mitchell-we...es-7-38399.htm
                      Mitchell & Webb voice characters in Dinosaurs on a Spaceship.

Comment

Doctor Who “Asylum Of The Daleks” Overnight Ratings

http://www.sfx.co.uk/2012/09/02/doct...night-ratings/

So, how did Doctor Who fare in the ratings last night?

Well, pretty good, if not spectacularly – “Asylum Of The Daleks” managed 6.38 million viewers with a 29.3% share.

That’s the least number of viewers who have watched a Doctor Who series premier since its return in 2005, but before we all start screaming, “The axe is falling! The axe is falling!” let’s put that in context.

It’s only down by just over 0.1 million from last year’s “The Impossible Astronaut”, fared better than “Let’s Kill Hitler” (6.2 million) and it was up against the Paralympics which are doing tremendously well on Channel 4, and something people would rather watch live (recording Who for later). ITV’s ratings juggernaut, The X-Factor, which was shown a little later, was watched by only 8.57 million, a massive drop on previous years. Plus, we all know Doctor Who gets a massive time-shift, and the final viewing figures (due in just over a week) will likely show a rise of at least 1.5 million. And with the massive positive word of mouth for “Asylum” (check out the comments section and the poll on our review page) we wouldn’t put a time shift in excess of 2 million out of the question.

And let’s be honest, 6.4 million for a drama on UK TV these days is still bloody amazing.

Oh, and it trounced its competition, Red Or Black, on ITV (3.36 million).

And it’s number one on iPlayer. Again.

It would have been nice to see a few more tune in live (especially considering the spoiler potential if you didn’t), but hey, as the mantra goes, “Let’s wait for the final figures”.

Comment

http://doctorwhotv.co.uk/doctor-who-...s-qa-38719.htm
                          Interesting Q&A with Matt and the gang, including Matt being cut off for saying too much...
                          And the DW crew vs Nerdist bowling...

http://doctorwhotv.co.uk/the-other-a...quel-38736.htm
                          Seems there was another prequel to Asylum of the Daleks apart from The Ponds...
                          Last edited by Teddybrown; 02 September 2012, 11:34 AM.

Comment

Here's the itunes prequel mentioned in Teddy's post above, now available on Youtube.

I really enjoyed this. So why is it only available in the US on itunes or amazon? Why hasn't the BBC shown it to people here in the UK, as it's mainly our licence fees that are paying for the programme in the first place?

Comment

Reading the comments on Youtube a lot of people are annoyed that it was only availble in the US. Anyway, a tweet from The Moff. I'm assuming it's the cafe one and not Pond Life.

9:41 AM - 3 Sep 12

Asylum Of The Daleks prequel now available on UK iTunes.
                              Edit - Apparently it will be available from tomorrow.
                              Last edited by Blencathra; 03 September 2012, 07:24 AM.

Comment

Steven Moffat Talks New Doctor Who Companion Oswin
                                Nick Setchfield at 11:06am September 3 2012

Now that we’ve met the new Doctor Who companion in the seemingly spoiler-proof form of Jenna-Louise Coleman, how will this latest TARDIS traveller impact on the life of the Time Lord? She’s not officially joining the show until this year’s Christmas special, of course, but showrunner Steven Moffat has given SFX some exclusive clues as to what the future may hold…

“We are going to do the story properly of the Doctor having lost a friend and making a new one. We’re not taking that lightly. It’s not in one door out the other. It’s the story of how all that affects him, why he engages with somebody else and what’s going on with that – that’s all important.

“What does Jenna bring to it? It’s surprising just how much the show changes with a new co-star. The Doctor is quite different with her, and the way you watch them is quite different. You watched the Eleventh Doctor and Amy arrive together. It’s like they grew up in the same sandpit, playing. They felt not quite like equals – the Doctor never feels like an equal to his companion – but you knew them equally well and they were equally important to each other. They formed around each other. And one of the interesting things about writing the Doctor is that he’s so responsive to the people around him. It’s almost like left on his own his personality would slowly disintegrate. He becomes what people want him to be, a little bit. So he’s Amy’s Raggedy Doctor.

“With a different companion he becomes a slightly different man. He dresses differently. The mere fact that he’s so much taller than her suddenly reveals that Matt Smith is very tall, not, as people assume, about average height, because he was about the same height as Karen. He’s the senior man, not in the sense that he’s more important but he’s the one you know already, and he’s training up a new one, as it were. In these five episodes the Doctor is practically the adopted son of Amy and Rory. He’s gone from being the wonderful man from space – Space Gandalf, as he wants to be – to being that troublesome kid that they try and keep under control. They even talked about getting babysitters for him in one unfortunately cut scene. They love him, but they know he’s a big kid, they know they have to look out for him, check he eats and all that. Whereas with the new companion he’s back to being the mysterious spacefarer.

“And this never goes away, this thrill – you want to see the reaction when you see it’s bigger on the inside, you want to see the count the hearts moment, you want the story to begin again. And that’s what it gives you. It gives you Doctor Who at its most iconic, because a new person is having to learn the rules – and you’ve seen that story how many times now? I don’t think you ever get tired of it.”

Nick Setchfield

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
                                K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

Working...
                                X