Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So tragic. I particularly empathise with their daughter, as my parents passed away within days of each other as well.

Husband of Doctor Who actress Mary Tamm died just hours after giving her eulogy

The husband of Doctor Who actress Mary Tamm died just hours after giving a eulogy at her funeral, her agent said.

Marcus Ringrose is believed to have had a heart attack at home in Battersea, south London, after Tuesday's funeral.

Barry Langford said Mr Ringrose had been at his computer replying to well-wishers who wrote to him after his wife's death when he collapsed.

Tamm, 62, who was best known for playing the first incarnation of the Doctor's companion Romana alongside Tom Baker, had been suffering from cancer for 18 months when she died last month.

She had a long career on stage and screen, with roles in films including The Odessa File and The Likely Lads, and a recurring role in soap Brookside as Penny Crosbie.

The couple leave a daughter Lauren and seven-year-old grandson Max.

Bradford-born Tamm's parents were Estonian and she did not learn English until she went to primary school. Her first professional job was at the Birmingham Repertory Theatre where she worked alongside Sir Derek Jacobi, Joan Sims and Ronnie Barker. From there she moved on to television work and film, her first feature film being Tales That Witness Madness with Kim Novak.

Tamm recently starred in television series Wire In The Blood, Paradise Heights and Jonathan Creek, with stage work including Amanda in Private Lives and Beverley in Abigail's Party.

Her last role was in EastEnders, in which she played Orlenda in 2009. Her autobiography was published the same year
    Last edited by Blencathra; 09 August 2012, 04:45 AM.

Comment

Wow, that is sad.
      But as soon as I saw your name on the last posted bit, I knew youd beaten me to posting that documentary news.

Comment

http://doctorwhotv.co.uk/doctor-who-...-tbc-37044.htm
        Doctor Who airdate still to be confirmed!

Comment

http://doctorwhotv.co.uk/xmas-filmin...tter-37310.htm
          More photos from filming filming from the Christmas episode. Slightly spoilery.

Comment

From The Sun so caution advised. But I hope this is true.

The Doctor will see you now... (and for at least the next two years)

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...east-2014.html

MATT SMITH will keep playing Doctor Who until at least 2014, he has revealed. Show boss Steven Moffat has convinced him to stay by creating a “brilliant” series.

Matt, who is already working on shows for the 2013 series, said: “His first episode sounds great. It hasn’t been written yet but the idea is as brilliant and as mental as you’d expect from Steven. So there’s a lot to look forward to. When Steven was going to pitch the next season to me not long ago, he said, ‘Are you ready to cry?’ ”

Matt, back as the Time Lord later this autumn, added that he couldn’t wait to get stuck into the Doctor’s 50th anniversary celebrations next year. He said: “We want to do 50 years — and everyone that’s been associated with the show — justice. We want to go, ‘Look, world, here is Doctor Who. It’s 50 years old, a science-fiction show, still going and going from strength to strength’.

“Steven will do something brilliant. He’ll do something grand or maybe something very simple but he’ll come to it as a fan. He’ll go, ‘What would I want to see?’ ”

Matt said he struggled to come to terms with what the role meant when he took it on. He said: “If you remember, when I took over, no one thought it would work. I was ‘too young’. David (Tennant) had come from a stellar era. I was unknown.

“For a month or two when I started I was like, ‘This is impossible. I can’t’ — just the pressure of it. Everyone was sort of going, ‘Go on, show us what you’ve got.’ I told myself, ‘If I can get through this I can get through anything’.”

Comment

Ooo, I see the episode discussion threads have gone up for the first 4 episodes!
              Now we just need a start date!

Comment

When is Who? When is Who? When is WHO?! WHEN-IS-WHO?!!!
                I am Queen McBeck of McTennantLand,
                traveling in the TARDIS with King Rodney & my fine Sir Carson of Atlantis... ALONSY!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by McBecklover View Post
                  When is Who? When is Who? When is WHO?! WHEN-IS-WHO?!!!
                  Still being trailed as "autumn". Although Sat 25th is visible in online schedules, it's still completely blank. If it IS the 25th, should be able to tell within 24 hours...?

Comment

I checked what happened last year. Let's Kill Hitler was added to the schedule after the BFI showing, ten days before the screening on TV. If they do the same this year it will show on schedules on 15th August. I guess they don't want "the opposition" to know exactly when they are showing it. I wonder if Merlin will be the lead in?

It's exciting to see the new threads for the show! Not long to wait now!!

Comment

Doctor Who Magazine Delayed

http://www.doctorwhonews.net/2012/08...-magazine.html

Doctor Who Magazine has announced that the next edition, due to be published on Thursday 23 August, will be delayed by at least a week. The delay is due to production problems which have meant the magazine has missed its allocated printing slot.

The delay has nothing to do with any potential launch date for the new series of Doctor Who, the date of which has still to be announced by the BBC.

The next Doctor Who Magazine Special Editon, Sarah Jane Smith – Volume 3, has also been delayed by a week and will now be published next Thursday 16 August

Comment

So, no Doctor Who moment in the Olympic closing ceremony...
                        Shame really seeing as it is celebreating its 50th year next year and it is definately a British icon.

Comment

Originally posted by Quizziard View Post
                          Still being trailed as "autumn". Although Sat 25th is visible in online schedules, it's still completely blank. If it IS the 25th, should be able to tell within 24 hours...?
                          And the online schedule has been updated for Saturday 25th... until it stops at 7pm (across all channels).

Comment

They're just teasing us now...

http://doctorwhotv.co.uk/one-story-f...rt-1-37358.htm
                            Do you agree?
                            And Part 2 of that list
                            http://doctorwhotv.co.uk/one-story-f...rt-2-37429.htm
                            Last edited by Teddybrown; 13 August 2012, 05:25 AM.

Comment

Matt Smith to stay with the show at least through 2014
                              "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by Quizziard View Post
                                And the online schedule has been updated for Saturday 25th... until it stops at 7pm (across all channels).
                                Now updated all around the 18:20-20:20 slot(s), which are "TBA". Don't imagine William Hill[1] will be taking money on new series Merlin followed by new series Doctor Who...

[1] - For non-UK members, William Hill is one of the most well-known high street bookmakers over here.

Comment

Working...
                                X