X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hoping it does well. Didn't the TV movie get a 3.0
    Tis No Fool to lose what He can not keep, To gain what he will never Lose

Comment

The TV Movie was billed against some hit tv program where a major revelation was set to occur, hence the low viewing figures.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Flying Officer Bennett
        The TV Movie was billed against some hit tv program where a major revelation was set to occur, hence the low viewing figures.
        Also, Fox never took it seriously.

Comment

Fox... pah.

Fox cancelled "The Lone Gunmen" after one series due to the fact it was "anti-government".

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Oh ye of little faith!

From my experience when i've visited America, Americans LOVE the British and everything abous us, including our accent. Taking this into account, plus the fact its damn good sci fi, I can see it getting huge viewing figures.
            Really? The Americans did? I go to a Church and go to a school and live with a family where if they ask me if i play any sports i would say "well i was good at Cricket (sp?)" and they would go from a happy look to a down look and say "no, im talking about American sports!"

I would think "Well thats awfully nice of that person to say!"

And yes, i LOVE the British people! they are sooooooo awsome!

This pic was made by the Hyper-Intelligent being known as.....Metarock Sam!

Spoiler:

This fabulous sig made by Myn McGeek, Third Sentinel

Comment

Was that last bit sarcastic? (i am actually asking because I cant tell, stupid internet)

Every American I got talking to in the US when I visited was so happy to talk to me because I'm British. These two girls, introduced me to their mother because they were so excited at meeting me.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

To give more context to SciFi's commercial strategy here is a repository of BBC Doctor Who teasers and trailers.

The site includes 2 teasers, 2 bumpers and 2 30-second trailers.
                It includes some screenshots and some context on when they aired prior to the March 26 premiere.
                http://www.tv-ark.org.uk/cult/drwhocontinuity6-new.html

I think SciFi is following many of the same marketing techniques as the Beeb.

Comment

^ Nice link, I've seen that place before but forgot about it. I loved the last trailer featuring Rose, just before the first ep screened...we were in such a frenzy about the show starting...happy memories.

Comment

I will be cool if they show a preview for Rose

Comment

^ If they're following the Beeb format they probably will.

Comment

I fianlly caught the "WHO" ad and paid attention. It looks like it might have a chance. I for one, am glad it's not the same as the earlier shows, which admittedly I had a hard time watching, and has been set for the times. We're enjoying Battlestar Galactica for those very reasons, are we not?

"We'll keep the light on for you."

Comment

I guess I'm just a fossil... I love old style Galactica and Who.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Same here old school Whjo and Galactica are fantastic and I much prefer the old school galactica because it is just so brillaint and original.
                            Oh Yes the Sam is Back and hes more Sci-fied up than ever !!!!!!!!!

Coming Soon a new Banner from Me

Comment

I do like old school galactica

Comment

If you're a fossil then so am I. Old school Galactica was brill...loved that show to bits. And WHO...well, as much as I adore the new series, I'm an old school gal at heart.

Comment

Working...
                                X