This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

http://doctorwhotv.co.uk/adrian-lest...role-29985.htm
    Adrian Lester as maybe the next Doctor?, what are your thoughts on this?

Comment

Originally posted by Teddybrown View Post
      http://doctorwhotv.co.uk/adrian-lest...role-29985.htm
      I haven't seen any of his work so can't comment. Right now I try not to think about the next Doctor. When Matt announces he's undoing his bowtie for the last time then and ONLY then will I think about the Doctor's 12th incarnation. Matt seems to be enjoying his time as the Doctor and he and the new companion joining could still have plenty of series of adventures together and I think the Doctor's 11th incarnation will still be around post-2013 and the 50th anniversary.

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
      K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

Moffat and Myles tease Doctor Who plot-point
        Posted on January 15, 2012 - 11:37 by CB Droege

On Wednesday this week, Steven Moffat, show runner for Doctor Who - among other things - wrote a rather enigmatic post on his twitter account.

"Right EVERYBODY who follows me, go and follow [Sophia Myles] - spin that fireplace. NOW. I'll explain later. Or not."

As you may recall, Myles appeared on Doctor Who in the second season of the current incarnation of the program, back on the David Tennant days, in an episode that featured a spinning fireplace which hid a secret room - making this a clear Doctor Who reference.

Of course, there is really no way to tell whether Moffat was simply promoting a colleague’s Twitter feed or hinting at something big coming for Doctor Who, especially since he was was unwilling to provide greater context.

Shortly after Moffat's post, Myles tweeted the following: "Watch this (fire)place," which is yet another reference to the episode she appeared on. This seems to imply that Myles will offer additional information for show fans sometime in the near future.

Indeed, Myles has since posted the same message several more times, while also dealing with a deluge of fan questions and requests. From Thursday evening to Saturday morning her Twitter follower pool grew more than 3000% (from a few hundred to over nine thousand), with most of the new followers presumably being Doctor Who fans following Moffat’s direction.

She’s been asking fans to propose episode ideas, and series spin-offs for her character, while fending off any direct questions with responses like "I’m not at liberty to say" and "Ask [Moffat]."

For her part, Myles seems to be enjoying the attention, while Moffat’s Twitter feed hasn’t mentioned the point again.

Unsurprisingly, there is a lot of speculation that Myles will be included in an episode during the upcoming season, or perhaps her character will replace Amy and Rory as the companions in the TARDIS.

There is also the chance, of course, that none of this will happen, and that Moffat is simply using his influence over his Internet audience to goof off. It certainly wouldn’t be the first time.

Doctor Who returns for it's seventh season in the Fall of 2012 on BBC One and BBC America.

Link to original article here: http://www.tgdaily.com/entertainment...who-plot-point

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,

Comment

I'll say the same thing about a black Doctor as I did about a woman Doctor, they go that route and I stop watching.
          sigpic
          Although bow ties are cool, the scarf is cooler!

Comment

Originally posted by 4thDoctor View Post
            I'll say the same thing about a black Doctor as I did about a woman Doctor, they go that route and I stop watching.
            why? Just because they're being politically correct or for some personal gripe against color/gender? The Doctor can regenerate as anyone...
            sigpic

Comment

I would be willing to give such a change a chance but if they did PC it up then I would drop it..
              Came close with Tennent but I managed to stomach my way thru that so I would probably keep watching despite the bile I would feel.
              I like Sharky
              sigpic

Comment

why? Just because they're being politically correct or for some personal gripe against color/gender? The Doctor can regenerate as anyone...
                It's just going too far,I wouldn't want to see a black Superman or a black Doctor, I also wouldn't want to see a white Power Man or a white Storm. I don't like race swapping just to prove how liberal they are.
                sigpic

Comment

First Tom Baker titles from Big Finish released
                  Sunday, January 15, 2012 - Posted by John Bowman

The first Big Finish titles starring Tom Baker as the Fourth Doctor have been released.

Destination: Nerva is a two-part story by Nicholas Briggs in which the Doctor and Leela (Louise Jameson) travel to the distant future and face a new enemy in a familiar place. Raquel Cassidy guest-stars as Dr Alison Foster and Tim Bentinck plays Giles Moreau.

The first ten minutes of Destination: Nerva can be heard for free via the Big Finish website.

Also available is Doctor Who: The Lost Stories – The Fourth Doctor Box Set, a six-disc collection of two adventures previously devised for the small screen in the 1970s and now finally made on audio.

In The Foe From the Future by Robert Banks Stewart, the Doctor and Leela face ghostly apparitions and an evil enemy in a Devon village, while The Valley of Death by Philip Hinchcliffe sees the travellers join an expedition to the Amazon jungle and uncover the secret of a lost city of gold. Guest stars in the box set include Paul Freeman, Louise Brealey and Anthony Howell.

Both titles are available to purchase from our Amazon shop: Destination: Nerva / The Lost Stories.

Link to original article here: http://www.doctorwhonews.net/2012/01...er-titles.html

Comment

Is the Time Lord race primarily white? Do we know whether they could regenerate black?
                    Has there been a black Time Lord in the past, Im fuzzy on earlier Who as I dont really know much about pre 2005.

Comment

Originally posted by Teddybrown View Post
                      Is the Time Lord race primarily white? Do we know whether they could regenerate black?
                      Has there been a black Time Lord in the past, Im fuzzy on earlier Who as I dont really know much about pre 2005.
                      The only black Time Lord that ever appeared was one who featured in The Sound of Drums when the young Master was being taken to the Untempered Schism. I can't recall if any appeared in The End of Time. I can't remember exactly but I think just before the Time Lords executed the Doctor's second incarnation in The War Games they showed him choices for his third body and I think...I THINK...one of the choices was a black man. I'll need to look through my screencaps and see. But in The Sarah Jane Adventures story Death of the Doctor, when Clyde asks him if he's always white the Doctor replies that he can be anything. But he also said he can regenerate 507 times too so believe him or don't believe him. Rule #1 - The Doctor Lies.

Comment

The War Games they showed him choices for his third body and I think...I THINK...one of the choices was a black man.
                        No, they were all white, it was just hard to tell as they were pencil drawings.
                        sigpic

Comment

Hmm, feeling slightly uncomfortable with certain peoples preferences for a white male Doctor. It shouldn't matter. They could make him/her a child next.

Personally, I think Joanna Lumley should play the Doctor again.
                          My post for Gate World: An Autistic's take on Sci-Fi

Comment

Originally posted by Zed_PM View Post
                            Hmm, feeling slightly uncomfortable with certain peoples preferences for a white male Doctor. It shouldn't matter. They could make him/her a child next.

Dressed as her character from Ab Fab......Yes yes yes yes........
                            Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Zed_PM View Post
                              Hmm, feeling slightly uncomfortable with certain peoples preferences for a white male Doctor. It shouldn't matter.
                              Agreed on both points. Especially considering Who is one of the most open-minded and tolerant programmes going. I honestly couldn't care about the Doctor's race, gender or accent, as long as the person playing the Doctor did a good job and was convincing. Radically altering his personality would be the only unforgivable change - if he suddenly became a violent, gun-toting action hero for example.

They could make him/her a child next.
                              While I'm fairly sure you're joking and just making a point, I do disagree with this - I think Matt Smith is as young as the Doctor should get, and that's largely due to his excellent acting and ability to play him as such an old, tired, wise being.

Eh....no. Personally, anyway!
                              And now it's time for one last bow, like all your other selves. Eleven's hour is over now... the clock is striking Twelve's.
                              sigpic
                              Stargate Ragnarok | FF.net | AO3 | Lakeside | My Fallout 3 Mods | Poppy Appeal | Help For Heroes | Combat Stress

Comment

Originally posted by Sealurk View Post
                                Agreed on both points. Especially considering Who is one of the most open-minded and tolerant programmes going. I honestly couldn't care about the Doctor's race, gender or accent, as long as the person playing the Doctor did a good job and was convincing. Radically altering his personality would be the only unforgivable change - if he suddenly became a violent, gun-toting action hero for example.

Hehe yeah for one season it could be fun, or even a few episodes.... Someone did a poster of this with Jason Stratham as The Doctor in a car chase using the TARDIS while hanging out the door shooting at the bad guys.
                                Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X