X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Love the Yetis!!! 4thDoctorthumb.gif

sigpic
    Although bow ties are cool, the scarf is cooler!

Comment

Gatiss Series 7 Story Clues

http://doctorwhotv.co.uk/gatiss-series-7-story-clues-29968.htm

Mark Gatiss has dropped some small clues on his Series 7 episode of Doctor Who.

Gatiss previously penned episodes The Unquiet Dead, The Idiot’s Lantern, Victory of the Daleks and, more recently, Night Terrors.

In the latest Doctor Who Magazine (#443), Gatiss confirms he pitched his latest story idea to Steven Moffat late last year.

Spoiler:
      He goes on to say that, naturally, he can’t reveal anything yet, except that the episode contains the words ‘meat’, ‘klaxon’ and ‘Vienna’.

No further hints were given, so that’s all we have to go on, for now.

Comment

Script to Screen 2012 Announced

http://doctorwhotv.co.uk/script-to-s...nced-29990.htm

The BBC have announced that there will be another Script to Screen competition where viewers aged between 9-11 years old can have their Doctor Who script brought to life.

The official website reveals more details -

The new competition will be launched by the Doctor himself on Blue Peter on CBBC, Thursday, January 12 at 5.45pm. The challenge is simple. Schoolchildren aged 9-11 should write a mini-episode that features the Doctor in an Olympic-themed adventure. Amy and Rory can be included in the script alongside one of four familiar alien species plus a brand new human character.

You can find out much more about the new Script to Screen on Thursday’s Blue Peter, but it’s been confirmed that once again, the winning script will be produced by the Doctor Who team and broadcast on the BBC. The winners will meet the stars of the show, visit the set and see their mini-episode being shot.

Script to Screen invites UK primary schools to submit one entry each to the competition and a BBC Learning website is available to give master classes in how to write. Learning resources were downloaded 300,000 times during the 7 weeks the competition was open last year and more than 1000 schools submitted an entry.

All entries for this year’s Script to Screen must be submitted by midnight on Friday, March 16, 2012. To find out more about the competition, watch Blue Peter on CBBC, 5.45pm and you can visit the BBC Learning site to investigate the videos and resources created to help develop writing skills that are out of this world!

Comment

Oh joy
          "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Oh sure, make sure the kids get a chance to write for Doctor Who... Turns out the rumours about ageism in the BBC were correct!
            And now it's time for one last bow, like all your other selves. Eleven's hour is over now... the clock is striking Twelve's.
            sigpic
            Stargate Ragnarok | FF.net | AO3 | Lakeside | My Fallout 3 Mods | Poppy Appeal | Help For Heroes | Combat Stress

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
              Oh joy
              Originally posted by Sealurk View Post
              Oh sure, make sure the kids get a chance to write for Doctor Who... Turns out the rumours about ageism in the BBC were correct!

I foresee another "love and monsters" this series
              Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Blencathra View Post

The BBC have announced that there will be another Script to Screen competition where viewers aged between 9-11 years old can have their Doctor Who script brought to life.

The new competition will be launched by the Doctor himself on Blue Peter on CBBC, Thursday, January 12 at 5.45pm. The challenge is simple. Schoolchildren aged 9-11 should write a mini-episode that features the Doctor in an Olympic-themed adventure. Amy and Rory can be included in the script alongside one of four familiar alien species plus a brand new human character.

You can find out much more about the new Script to Screen on Thursday’s Blue Peter, but it’s been confirmed that once again, the winning script will be produced by the Doctor Who team and broadcast on the BBC. The winners will meet the stars of the show, visit the set and see their mini-episode being shot.

Script to Screen invites UK primary schools to submit one entry each to the competition and a BBC Learning website is available to give master classes in how to write. Learning resources were downloaded 300,000 times during the 7 weeks the competition was open last year and more than 1000 schools submitted an entry.

All entries for this year’s Script to Screen must be submitted by midnight on Friday, March 16, 2012. To find out more about the competition, watch Blue Peter on CBBC, 5.45pm and you can visit the BBC Learning site to investigate the videos and resources created to help develop writing skills that are out of this world!
                Not another one!

As if "Death Is The Only Answer" wasn't bad enough already!
                Teselecta: "Silence will fall when the question is asked."

Doctor: "And what is the question?"

Teselecta: "How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?"

Doctor: " *Brainfart* ".

Comment

Originally posted by Blencathra View Post

Brilliant news! This is a great idea for the junior Doctor Who fans and I hope the kids have a lot of fun doing it! Ah, to be aged 9-11 again. See if I had this back at that age I'd be signing up for it (after adult permission of course) like a shot! Kids do not know how great they've got it today. It sucks being an (30) old man sometimes.

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
                  K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

Kids will surprise you. I feel like I'm surrounded by gifted children. I'm a tad bit jealous because one I am working on my own sci-fi book series/ wanting to become a screen writer. I wrote my own Sea Quest/ Stargate inspired story when I was about 9. Had no clue what I was writing about back then. I was the opposite of gifted, eh.
                    I even had a go with writing some Doctor Who fan fiction while under the influence of stimulants. 20 chapters in 20 days.
                    My post for Gate World: An Autistic's take on Sci-Fi

Comment

About 15 years ago I found some Superboy stories I had written on an old electric typewriter in 1979, when I was 12 years old, I was shocked at how really good they were, sadly that was about three years before we first got Doctor Who over here.
                      sigpic
                      Although bow ties are cool, the scarf is cooler!

Comment

http://doctorwhotv.co.uk/doctor-intr...2012-30015.htm
                        Video introducing the Script to Screen competition

http://doctorwhotv.co.uk/skinner-tal...ovie-30027.htm
                        Caroline Skinner talks Doctor Who

http://doctorwhotv.co.uk/the-girl-in...ning-30032.htm
                        And finally, this rumours from the Star, so propably just rubbish, but apparently Moffat tweeted Right EVERY*BODY who follows me, go and follow @SophiaMyles – spin that fireplace. NOW.”

Adding: “I’ll explain later. Or not.”

Now theres rumours that Madame De Pompadour may be the next companion? Lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Teddybrown View Post
                          http://doctorwhotv.co.uk/the-girl-in...ning-30032.htm
                          And finally, this rumours from the Star, so propably just rubbish, but apparently Moffat tweeted Right EVERY*BODY who follows me, go and follow @SophiaMyles – spin that fireplace. NOW.”

Adding: “I’ll explain later. Or not.”

Now theres rumours that Madame De Pompadour may be the next companion? Lol.
                          He did indeed tweet that. And if Madame De Pompadour became the Doctor's latest travelling companion I wouldn't be too upset. Sophia Myles is a superb actress and very easy on the eyes and was wonderful in The Girl in the Fireplace. So yeah. If that's the next person/actress to join Team TARDIS then I'd be fine with that.

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,

Comment

Hmm, now that's a rumour I could definitely get to like - excellent actress, and yes, very attractive.

I wonder though, should there actually be any basis in reality on it (all the tweets seem very cryptic and the Moff is the master of misdirection), if Miss Myles would play Madame De Pompadour or an entirely new character? Doctor Who has a habit of bringing back popular stars in different roles (there's always that handy spacial genetic multiplicity).
                            And now it's time for one last bow, like all your other selves. Eleven's hour is over now... the clock is striking Twelve's.
                            sigpic
                            Stargate Ragnarok | FF.net | AO3 | Lakeside | My Fallout 3 Mods | Poppy Appeal | Help For Heroes | Combat Stress

Comment

Originally posted by Sealurk View Post
                              Hmm, now that's a rumour I could definitely get to like - excellent actress, and yes, very attractive.

I wonder though, should there actually be any basis in reality on it (all the tweets seem very cryptic and the Moff is the master of misdirection), if Miss Myles would play Madame De Pompadour or an entirely new character? Doctor Who has a habit of bringing back popular stars in different roles (there's always that handy spacial genetic multiplicity).
                              And regeneration.

Comment

Originally posted by Alan View Post
                                He did indeed tweet that. And if Madame De Pompadour became the Doctor's latest travelling companion I wouldn't be too upset. Sophia Myles is a superb actress and very easy on the eyes and was wonderful in The Girl in the Fireplace. So yeah. If that's the next person/actress to join Team TARDIS then I'd be fine with that.

WELL HE DID promise to show her the stars didn't he?

Just he's a bit late on that.
                                Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X