Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've never seen two cousins who look that much alike.
    Oh I don't know, there are precidents.

sigpic
    Although bow ties are cool, the scarf is cooler!

Comment

Originally posted by RealmOfX View Post
      For the Aussies (from an ABC newsletter) :

Travel with the Doctor this summer!

Starting from the 2005 series, ABC2 is screening all six Doctor Who series and specials each weeknight at 7.30pm from 2 January 2012.

It's a great opportunity to see the series from the start or relive it all over again!

Rewatch here I come!!!
      Well, THAT makes me seriously consider to move to Australia
      Grimm returns October 24
      sigpic

Signature and Avatar by Hyndara71 - Thank you very much
      Profile Picture by BM-Shipper

Comment

Originally posted by SaberBlade View Post
        Eve Myles did the same thing, going from a one off Doctor Who character to a full time Torchwood character, as did Karen Gillan as she had a bit part in season 4. I will say that Martha's reason for looking similar ("I had a cousin who worked at Canary Wharf") was a bit hard to take in, because I've never seen two cousins who look that much alike.
        That 'Spacial Genetic Multiplicity' thing gets about doesn't it?!

Personally, I'd like to see Canton as the new companion. I don't see why it always has to be a female, as if two guys can't travel around without it seeming weird.
        As undeniably awesome as that would be, I can't see it happening, though I do hope the producers do at least something a little different with the new companion - maybe even a non-human? At the very least, I hope the producers continue to favour having two companions at the same time, since I think the Doctor/Amy/Rory dynamic worked very well in Series 6 and it has of course been done before in the classic series.

Originally posted by Quizziard View Post
        I'm still holding out for Sally Sparrow's return...
        Carey Mulligan is a bona fide Hollywood star now isn't she? Though I agree, that would be excellent. At the least, a 'Sally Sparrow'-esque character would be very welcome.
        And now it's time for one last bow, like all your other selves. Eleven's hour is over now... the clock is striking Twelve's.
        sigpic
        Stargate Ragnarok | FF.net | AO3 | Lakeside | My Fallout 3 Mods | Poppy Appeal | Help For Heroes | Combat Stress

Comment

Originally posted by Sealurk View Post
          That 'Spacial Genetic Multiplicity' thing gets about doesn't it?!

The funny thing is that I got the one with Eve Myles but totally missed Freema's double role in Dr Who
          Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Sealurk View Post
            As undeniably awesome as that would be, I can't see it happening, though I do hope the producers do at least something a little different with the new companion - maybe even a non-human? At the very least, I hope the producers continue to favour having two companions at the same time, since I think the Doctor/Amy/Rory dynamic worked very well in Series 6 and it has of course been done before in the classic series.
            Last things first - "classic series"...

...AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry about that. Do excuse me.

I think the TARDIS team should go like this in 2012:

SEASON 33
            • Episodes 1 - 2: The Doctor, Amy, and Rory

• Episodes 3 - 8: The Doctor, Amy, Rory, and new companion

• Episodes 9 - 13: The Doctor and new companion.

And it would be interesting if the new companion was neither human or from the early 21st century. And then in the following year they could introduce another companion to join them if they want to continue the 3-person TARDIS crew which was proven to work so many times before in Doctor Who's past.

Carey Mulligan is a bona fide Hollywood star now isn't she? Though I agree, that would be excellent. At the least, a 'Sally Sparrow'-esque character would be very welcome.
            Alas, yes, she is. I couldn't see her committing to an extended TV role now but she could always come back for a guest appearance. Helena Bonham Carter and Kate Winslet are starlets now but they've made short returns to TV after all and they're both far higher profile actors than Carey relatively speaking.

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
            K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

So, David Tennant & Georgia Moffat were married on December 30, 2011. I was married on December 30, 1988, I hope they have far better luck than I did.
              sigpic
              Although bow ties are cool, the scarf is cooler!

Comment

http://doctorwhotv.co.uk/doctor-who-...rlin-29624.htm
                Doctor Who to battle Merlin, Downton Abbey and Waterloo Road at this years NTAs.
                Matt Smith and Karen Gillian are both nominated in best male and female categories too.

Comment

Originally posted by Teddybrown View Post
                  Doctor Who to battle Merlin, Downton Abbey and Waterloo Road at this years NTAs.
                  Matt Smith and Karen Gillian are both nominated in best male and female categories too.
                  My votes are in. Doctor Who. Matt Smith. Karen Gillan.

All fairly obvious to the Whovian I think. Had Torchwood's 4th series been better and had John and Eve been better utilised for it I may have given a vote to one of them...but like I say - had Torchwood Series 4 been better.

And please, let's not have a repeat of last year. There were people out there that thought that Doctor Who, Matt, and Karen were all obvious winners and so they didn't vote. As a result of not voting...well guess what happened. Please ladies and gentlemen. Put your votes in. Let's make it a great one for this awesome show and the two great actors that star!

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
                  K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

Originally posted by Teddybrown View Post
                    I voted. Doctor Who all the way!

Comment

The Doctor, the Widow and the Wardrobe final viewing figures

http://news.drwho-online.co.uk/614-T...g-Figures.aspx

The final BARB viewing figures are in for 6.14: The Doctor, The Widow and The Wardrobe.

The episode achieved a final figure of 10.77m viewers, with an audience share of 37.3%. This is compared to the overnight's which reached 8.9m viewers, with an audience share of 34.2%, meaning a total time shift of +1.87m viewers.

Doctor Who came third for the highest TV ratings for Christmas Day:

01 - Downton Abbey - 11.60m (34.4%)

02 - EastEnders - 11.33m (32.4%)

03 - Doctor Who - 10.77m (37.3%)

Figures do not include BBC iPlayer downloads for this episode.

The episode also achieved an AI score of 84.

Just to put that into perspective, that was 10.7 million viewers out of a population of 62 million. The equivalent audience in the US would be 53.8 million viewers!

Comment

Thought this was humourous

Her FATHER !.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_Zvz_WbcwJ9...er_davison.jpg

Peter Davidson. (Doctor Who #5).

David Tennant's child (with Moffett) has a FATHER, and GRANDFATHER who have been Dr Who.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fWzt7cmWImY

Comment

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
                          David Tennant's child (with Moffett) has a FATHER, and GRANDFATHER who have been Dr Who.
                          So their child is a shoe-in for the role when he/she grows of age?

Comment

One of the Doctor Who groups on Facebook recently asked the question - "What would happen if Captain Jack met the Face of Boe?"

My answer? He'd shag it. After all it'd be sex with someone he loves.
                            sigpic
                            Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
                            To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
                            And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

Originally posted by BruTak View Post
                              One of the Doctor Who groups on Facebook recently asked the question - "What would happen if Captain Jack met the Face of Boe?"

Or himself... In the case of Boe

Comment

Originally posted by BruTak View Post

I wouldn't put anything past Jack.

Sarah Jane DVD Release

http://www.doctorwhonews.net/2012/01...d-release.html

The fifth and final series of The Sarah Jane Adventures will be released in the UK on DVD and Blu-ray on Monday 6th February 2012.

The set will contain a special tribute to the late Elisabeth Sladen featuring contributions from those who worked closely with her, including the Eleventh Doctor, Matt Smith. Goodbye Bannerman Road was filmed on location and also features Sladen's co-stars Daniel Anthony & Anjli Mohindra.

Also released on the same day is a 12 disc Box Set containing the entire five series of The Sarah Jane Adventures.

Former Doctor Who Colin Baker wins Come Dine With Me contest

http://www.bucksfreepress.co.uk/news...th_Me_contest/

BUCKS Free Press columnist and former Doctor Who Colin Baker emerged victorious from the Come Dine With Me celebrity Christmas Special.

Colin tested his culinary mettle against Linda Nolan, ex Big Brother star 'Nasty' Nick Bateman, Bianca Gascoigne and former Coronation Street actor Danny Young throughout a run of episodes last week.

Colin, whose 'Look Who's Talking' column appears every Friday in the BFP, was the last to host his dinner party.

He wowed guests with a Cinderella themed night, starting proceedings with poached salmon mousse, following with a main of roast shoulder of pork and finishing with a desert of berry chocolatey Christmas pots.

After being given the top score of the week by his fellow diners, Colin was declared winner and has donated his £1,000 winnings to Stokenchurch Dog Rescue.

Comment

Working...
                                X