X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 4thDoctor View Post
      Being pretty was a plus, I'm a man. She's to pushy and uppity, she has a real attitude problem, I don't care for that.

Oh that... Yeah I notice that a lot in season 5 and it fit that series but by season 6 it just reached annoying levels. I do agree. Amy was way too pushy and bossy
      Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
        Great sig!!!
        Happy New Year!!!!

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
        K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

And for the old school crowd......

sigpic
          Although bow ties are cool, the scarf is cooler!

Comment

For the Aussies (from an ABC newsletter) :

Travel with the Doctor this summer!

Starting from the 2005 series, ABC2 is screening all six Doctor Who series and specials each weeknight at 7.30pm from 2 January 2012.

It's a great opportunity to see the series from the start or relive it all over again!

Rewatch here I come!!!
            -

Comment

Originally posted by Alan View Post
              There have been times in Doctor Who when the companion would go and the new one would join in the following series. When the time comes for Amy Pond and Rory Williams to go, I'd like it if before they left a new companion joined the team just for a change. Have the TARDIS team as the Doctor, Amy, Rory, & new companion for a few stories. Mix up the dynamic for a bit until it is time for the Ponds to leave.

Such a thing was done before most notably back in Series 4 when Jamie McCrimmon joined the TARDIS team of the Doctor, Polly Wright, and Ben Jackson. They travelled together for awhile until Polly and Ben left.

But...however Mr. Moffat handles the future of the companions comings and goings I'm sure I'll be fine with.
              That doesn't sound half bad and I wouldn't be surprised if the Moff does indeed go down that route. I just hope the new companion is somebody likable because...

I am just so sick of Amy Pond.
              ...as well. Rory is awesome, but since you can't really have him without Amy and she gets on my nerves now (and companions need to be changed regularly IMHO), I'd prefer the new companion to be different in character to the Ponds.

On that subject, I must say I really liked the character of Rita from "The God Complex", enough that I hope the Doctor's (half)joking "Amy, with regret, you're fired" line might just be a bit of foreshadowing.
              And now it's time for one last bow, like all your other selves. Eleven's hour is over now... the clock is striking Twelve's.
              sigpic
              Stargate Ragnarok | FF.net | AO3 | Lakeside | My Fallout 3 Mods | Poppy Appeal | Help For Heroes | Combat Stress

Comment

But Rita is dead, and the Doctor can't go back and get an earlier version of her to travel with, as she didn't know him in 'The God Complex'.
                sigpic
                Although bow ties are cool, the scarf is cooler!

Comment

But Rita is dead, and the Doctor can't go back and get an earlier version of her to travel with, as she didn't know him in 'The God Complex'.
                  Quite right. What I meant to say was that I'd like a character like Rita as a companion, and at the time I hoped she would be a surprise new companion.

Who knows? Freema Agyeman played two different characters encountered by the Tenth Doctor only three episodes apart, the latter of which was a full time companion, so it's not out of the realm of possibility...
                  And now it's time for one last bow, like all your other selves. Eleven's hour is over now... the clock is striking Twelve's.
                  sigpic
                  Stargate Ragnarok | FF.net | AO3 | Lakeside | My Fallout 3 Mods | Poppy Appeal | Help For Heroes | Combat Stress

Comment

Originally posted by RealmOfX View Post
                    For the Aussies (from an ABC newsletter) :

Travel with the Doctor this summer!

Starting from the 2005 series, ABC2 is screening all six Doctor Who series and specials each weeknight at 7.30pm from 2 January 2012.

It's a great opportunity to see the series from the start or relive it all over again!

Rewatch here I come!!!
                    To all Australian viewers my message is "ENJOY!!!!"

Originally posted by Sealurk View Post
                    That doesn't sound half bad and I wouldn't be surprised if the Moff does indeed go down that route.
                    It would certainly make for a change to the more recent comings and goings of companions. But as I say...I'll be happy however Mr. Moffat handles the situation.

Until then...I look forward to the New Companion Announcement to come!!!

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,

Comment

Originally posted by Sealurk View Post
                      Quite right. What I meant to say was that I'd like a character like Rita as a companion, and at the time I hoped she would be a surprise new companion.

Who knows? Freema Agyeman played two different characters encountered by the Tenth Doctor only three episodes apart, the latter of which was a full time companion, so it's not out of the realm of possibility...
                      Eve Myles did the same thing, going from a one off Doctor Who character to a full time Torchwood character, as did Karen Gillan as she had a bit part in season 4. I will say that Martha's reason for looking similar ("I had a cousin who worked at Canary Wharf") was a bit hard to take in, because I've never seen two cousins who look that much alike.

Personally, I'd like to see Canton as the new companion. I don't see why it always has to be a female, as if two guys can't travel around without it seeming weird.

sigpic

Comment

Which two different characters did Freema play?

Comment

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
                          Which two different characters did Freema play?
                          Before playing Martha Jones, Freema appeared in Army of Ghosts, playing a Torchwood employee named Adeola Oshodi (Adeola was also later revealed to be Martha's cousin).

Technically you could say that Freema has played three characters - Martha (obviously), Adeola, and Martha's clone double in The Sontaran Stratagem.

Comment

Originally posted by Alan View Post
                            Before playing Martha Jones, Freema appeared in Army of Ghosts, playing a Torchwood employee named Adeola Oshodi (Adeola was also later revealed to be Martha's cousin).

Technically you could say that Freema has played three characters - Martha (obviously), Adeola, and Martha's clone double in The Sontaran Stratagem.

OMG I totally did not recognise her in the cyberman episode... OMG
                            Last edited by Coco Pops; 02 January 2012, 01:15 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
                              OMG I totally did not recognise here in the cyberman episode... OMG
                              We all learn something new everyday.

Comment

I'm still holding out for Sally Sparrow's return...

Comment

Working...
                                X