• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cool, I just found out they filmed a scene of the Christmas special
    Spoiler:
    with the Lancaster in the field at the end
    about 15 miles from where I live!
    And now it's time for one last bow, like all your other selves. Eleven's hour is over now... the clock is striking Twelve's.
    sigpic
    Stargate Ragnarok | FF.net | AO3 | Lakeside | My Fallout 3 Mods | Poppy Appeal | Help For Heroes | Combat Stress

Comment

Originally posted by Sealurk View Post
      Spoiler:
      Cool!

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
      K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

Since they're now airing the new season in the Autumn rather than the Spring, as they've done before (likely so that the 50th anniversary series actually falls on the 50th anniversary date, November 23rd), they don't have anything to tack onto the Christmas special yet. Though agreed, it's always one of the best bits of the Christmas special, seeing the words 'Coming Soon' followed by a minute of joyous, breathtaking sensory overload.
        I on purposely sat infront of the TV till the end of the credits hoping we may get a small glimpse of next year lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Teddybrown View Post
          I on purposely sat infront of the TV till the end of the credits hoping we may get a small glimpse of next year lol.
          In order to rectify this grievous oversight, they're going to have make an Easter or Summer special now, just so they can stick a 'Coming Soon' trailer onto the end...
          And now it's time for one last bow, like all your other selves. Eleven's hour is over now... the clock is striking Twelve's.
          sigpic
          Stargate Ragnarok | FF.net | AO3 | Lakeside | My Fallout 3 Mods | Poppy Appeal | Help For Heroes | Combat Stress

Comment

In order to rectify this grievous oversight, they're going to have make an Easter or Summer special now, just so they can stick a 'Coming Soon' trailer onto the end...
            I'm sure that there will be some sort of schedule for a Season 33 trailer. There usually is. Steven Moffat on Twitter or the official Doctor Who site or Gallifrey Base will let us know when one will air.

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,

Comment

Originally posted by Billz View Post
              Do yourself a favor, and pass on this one. Worst episode since Victory Of The Daleks!
              Why was it bad?
              Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

Spoiler:
                Which stately home did they use?

Comment

http://doctorwhotv.co.uk/top-10-chri...ings-29470.htm
                  Doctor Who was 3rd behind Eastenders and Coronation Street... Damn soaps!
                  Full 1million beind Eastenders but only 0.1 behind Coronation Street.

Comment

Originally posted by Teddybrown View Post
                    http://doctorwhotv.co.uk/top-10-chri...ings-29470.htm
                    Doctor Who was 3rd behind Eastenders and Coronation Street... Damn soaps!
                    Full 1million beind Eastenders but only 0.1 behind Coronation Street.
                    Still did amazingly well ratings-wise! Good job Doctor Who!

Comment

I missed the beginning what was all that malarky on the spaceship about at the start?

Howcome he was seperated from the TARDIS for so long yet managed to find it again? And why was the first police box they found an ordinary police box, it sure as hell looked very TARDISY....

I liked the two end scenes with the plane appearing and meetting Amy but the middle bit wasn't overwhelming and a bit so so.

On the whole 6.5 / 10
                      Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

Were real police boxes lit up like the TARDIS is in the windows and the sign?
                        sigpic
                        Although bow ties are cool, the scarf is cooler!

Comment

I'm fairly certain there's a thread here on GW for this years' Christmas episode where you can raise all these questions, ya know...

BUT...seeing as its Christmas and all. Spirit of giving and all that...

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
                          I missed the beginning what was all that malarky on the spaceship about at the start?
                          No real back story. Just another alien spaceship preparing to wipe out the Earth and the Doctor stopped them.

Howcome he was seperated from the TARDIS for so long yet managed to find it again? And why was the first police box they found an ordinary police box, it sure as hell looked very TARDISY....
                          The TARDIS landed somewhere on Earth so presumably the Doctor discovered the alien plot whilst there, found his way on to the alien spaceship by other means and stopped them from carrying out their plan.

Because it was just an ordinary Police Box and they looked like that and remained like that right up until the late 1970's, early 1980's. Technology had moved on and the boxes were made obsolete because of it.

Originally posted by 4thDoctor View Post
                          Were real police boxes lit up like the TARDIS is in the windows and the sign?
                          I believe they were, yes. They were instrumental in World War II so they would have needed to have been obvious to policemen on the beat, air raid wardens, and the public.
                          Last edited by Alan; 28 December 2011, 05:03 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Quizziard View Post
                            Which stately home did they use?
                            The stately home they used was Stradey Castle in Llanelli, but I think the bit with the Lancaster in the field was filmed at Lincolnshire Aviation Heritage Centre near Spilsbury.

Incidentally, if anyone is interested the plane was Avro Lancaster Bomber NC611 called "Just Jane".

Ratings Update

The Tuesday repeat of the Doctor Who Christmas Special, The Doctor, The Widow and The Wardrobe had an audience of 1.1 million viewers according to unofficial overnight figures.

The show had a 9.5% share of the audience available, winning its timeslot. All Star Family Fortunes, which was scheduled against Doctor Who again, also had an average of 1.1 million watching, however Doctor Who had the higher ratings while the shows were pitted against each other.

Meanwhile more details have emerged about the Christmas Day showing. Among children aged 4-15, as well as adults aged 45-54, Doctor Who was the most watched programme on Christmas day. The only group for which Doctor Who lost out to All Star Family Fortunes was viewers aged 65+.

Doctor Who was the only programme on Christmas Day post-3pm which had an exact 50/50 male/female split.

Christmas Episode Appeciation Index Score

Doctor Who: The Doctor, The Widow and the Wardrobe achieved an Appreciation Index, or AI, score of 84.

The Appreciation Index or AI is a measure of how much the audience enjoyed the programme. The score, out of a hundred, is compiled by a specially selected panel of around 5,000 people who go online and rate and comment on programmes. This year's score is slightly up on last year's Christmas Special.

The score was the highest on BBC One for the evening, with most programmes scoring around the 82 mark. The prize for the most appreciated programme of Christmas evening was taken by ITV1 with Downton Abbey, scoring a massive 92.

Australian Ratings for The Doctor, the Widow and the Wardrobe

The Doctor, the Widow and The Wardrobe has debuted in Australia to solid ratings. TV Tonight reports that Doctor Who averaged 749,000 viewers in the five major capital cities. It came second in its time-slot, was the Australian Broadcasting Corporation's top-rating drama of the day and the thirteenth highest rating programme of the day overall.

Meanwhile ABC2 will repeat the entire run of the new series, Mondays-Fridays at 7.30pm, starting with Rose on Monday 2 January 2012.

All news articles are from http://www.doctorwhonews.net/

Comment

Originally posted by Blencathra View Post
                              The stately home they used was Stradey Castle in Llanelli, but I think the bit with the Lancaster in the field was filmed at Lincolnshire Aviation Heritage Centre near Spilsbury.
                              I think you might mean Spilsby. I live in the area(ish).
                              sigpic

Comment

I think you might mean Spilsby. I live in the area(ish).
                                I think you're right. I've had one or two glasses of wine.

Comment

Working...
                                X