• Show
Clear All

http://doctorwhotv.co.uk/helen-mirre...role-29311.htm
    Helen Mirren want to be The Doctor

http://doctorwhotv.co.uk/doctor-who-...date-29337.htm
    Doctor Who convention updates.

And very good idea 4thDoctor!

Comment

What IS going on with GW!!! I'm reposting this because I've just seen my previous post (now deleted) was blank!!! Has anyone else had this problem?

Got to try and remember what it was I wrote now...

Ah! Yes, I got it now! I was replying to this this:

Originally posted by 4thDoctor View Post
      I just had a neat idea for the 50th anniversary special, what if instead of the 11 Doctors they did the 11 Companions, where the current Doctor teams up with a companion from each of his 11 incarnations? It wouldn't matter that the companions had grown older. Perhaps some villain kidnaps his past companions in order to lure the Doctor out of hiding now that he's decided to fade into the shadows. There are still living companions from each of the past Doctors.
      That is a really good idea, 4thDoctor. Big Finish recently did an audio adventure that reunited the Doctor (in his fifth incarnation) with his old friends Ian Chesterton, Steven Taylor, Sara Kingdom, and Polly Wright. It's called The Five Companions.

If they did a TV version and featured companions from the Doctor's previous 10 incarnations, this is my own personal choice due to how each of their stories on-board the TARDIS ended and new stories began for them:
      • Steven Taylor (The 1st Doctor)
      • Polly Wright (The 1st / 2nd Doctor)
      • Zoe Heriot (The 2nd Doctor)
      • Jo Grant (The 3rd Doctor)
      • Romana (The 4th Doctor)
      • Nyssa (The 4th / 5th Doctor
      • Peri Brown (The 5th / 6th Doctor)
      • Ace (The 7th Doctor)
      • Captain Jack Harkness (The 9th Doctor)
      • Mickey Smith (The 10th Doctor)
      • Martha Jones (The 10th Doctor)

The problem is the old friends angle for the Doctor's 8th incarnation. I don't think the BBC are allowed to use Grace Holloway. They could possibly use Sheridan Smith who plays Lucie Miller in the BBC Radio 4 adventures...but there might be big questions asked for those viewers who're uninformed.

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
      K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

Official Doctor Who Convention: update
        Wednesday, December 21, 2011 - Posted by Chuck Foster

BBC Worldwide have announced that Arthur Darvill will be joining Matt Smith and Steven Moffat at the Official Doctor Who Convention, taking place at Cardiff in March.

Other guests at the weekend include actors Stuart Milligan (President Nixon, The Impossible Astronaut/Day of the Moon) and Simon Fisher-Becker (Dorium, The Pandorica Opens/Let's Kill Hitler/The Wedding of River Song.

Also joining the previously announced behind-the-scenes crew Danny Hargreaves (special effects supervisor), Michael Pickwoad (production designer), and Marcus Wilson (producer) are Andy Pryor (casting director), Tom MacRae (author and writer of last year's The Girl Who Waited), Stephan Pehrsson (director of photography), and Caroline Henry (script editor).

The Convention is a full day event that will give Doctor Who enthusiasts an amazing chance to delve into the inner workings of the hit TV show and learn how it is created – a journey from script to screen. With unique access to the cast and production crew, this event offers fans a rare chance to see behind-the-scenes of the world’s longest running sci-fi show.

Tickets include three panel discussions with key cast and crew and Doctor Who production teams showing live pyrotechnics and prosthetic demonstrations, PLUS a chance to talk to the creators of some of the iconic costumes in the props and costume exhibit.

See the Official Convention website for full details of the event.

(newslink: BBC Press Release)

Link to original article here: http://www.doctorwhonews.net/2011/12...octor-who.html

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,

Comment

Originally posted by Alan View Post
          What IS going on with GW!!! I'm reposting this because I've just seen my previous post (now deleted) was blank!!! Has anyone else had this problem?
          yes, I've had the same problem a lot during the last days - but it is known, see the "Ask the Moderators" thread; the advice is to copy the post before finally submitting it, just in case
          Grimm returns October 24
          sigpic

Signature and Avatar by Hyndara71 - Thank you very much
          Profile Picture by BM-Shipper

Comment

Originally posted by mi_guard View Post
            yes, I've had the same problem a lot during the last days - but it is known, see the "Ask the Moderators" thread; the advice is to copy the post before finally submitting it, just in case
            At least its known about. I'm sure the mods will get it sorted just as soon as they can.

Comment

At least its known about. I'm sure the mods will get it sorted just as soon as they can.
              Yeah, I noticed that with your post and a few others...

Comment

Originally posted by Teddybrown View Post
                Yeah, I noticed that with your post and a few others...
                Its a very odd problem. But anyway...back to Doctor Who...did you see my replacement post and my suggestions following up from 4thDoctor's neat 50th anniversary idea of bringing back some of the Doctor's old friends?

Comment

Matt Smith: 'I'm Not Leaving Doctor Who'

As Karen Gillan and Arthur Darvill prepare to say goodbye...
                  December 22, 2011 by Alex Winehouse

Matt Smith has insisted that he won't be following Karen Gillan and Arthur Darvill in leaving Doctor Who.

Showrunner Steven Moffat recently announced that the duo will be departing in 2012, with Gillan's exit being particularly "heartbreaking."

However, Smith said on The Graham Norton Show: "I am very happy to stay.

"I love it and love making the show."

Of Gillan's departure, Smith added: "There comes a time when a story reaches its conclusion and the essence of the show is that it constantly reinvents itself

"I'll miss Karen because she's my best mate. She's mad as a box of cats but she's a firecracker!"

Doctor Who airs a festive special on Christmas Day.

Link to original article here: http://www.gigwise.com/news/69731/Ma...ing-Doctor-Who

Comment

I don't think the BBC are allowed to use Grace Holloway.
                    Why not? The 1996 TV movie was still a BBC production in partnership with Fox, I thought that Grace wasn't used in the audio dramas because Daphne Ashbrook lives in California.
                    Last edited by 4thDoctor; 22 December 2011, 04:41 AM.
                    sigpic
                    Although bow ties are cool, the scarf is cooler!

Comment

Why not? The 1996 TV movie was still a BBC production in partnership with Fox, I thought that Grace wasn't used in the audio dramas because Daphne Ashbrook lives in California.
                      I'm not sure. As for the audios...Daphne Ashbrook and Yee Jee Tso have both since visited the UK for conventions and interviews and have lent their voices to the audios but not to play Grace Holloway or Chang Lee respectively. If there wasn't a problem in them voicing Grace and Lee I'm sure they would've been allowed to do so.

Comment

Is Daphne Ashbrook the only actress or actor to ever appear in both Doctor Who and Star Trek?
                        sigpic

Comment

Is Daphne Ashbrook the only actress or actor to ever appear in both Doctor Who and Star Trek?
                          At the time she was. She's now since been joined by Simon Pegg, Mark Sheppard and William Morgan Sheppard. Alexander Siddig and David Warner have provided voices for Big Finish audio's and then if we bring Torchwood in to it there's also been Nana Visitor and John de Lancie.

Comment

At the time she was. She's now since been joined by Simon Pegg, Mark Sheppard and William Morgan Sheppard. Alexander Siddig and David Warner have provided voices for Big Finish audio's and then if we bring Torchwood in to it there's also been Nana Visitor and John de Lancie.
                            Plus of course there's little Deep Roy who played Mr. Sin in "The Talons of Weng Chiang", and played Scotty's wee friend Keenser in the 2009 Star Trek movie.
                            sigpic
                            Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
                            To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
                            And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

Originally posted by BruTak View Post
                              Plus of course there's little Deep Roy who played Mr. Sin in "The Talons of Weng Chiang", and played Scotty's wee friend Keenser in the 2009 Star Trek movie.
                              Oh, yeah. Good call back. I forgot about him. Gets about does that Deep Roy.

Comment

2009 Star Trek movie.
                                I don't count that train wreck as "Star Trek".
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X