This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

http://doctorwhotv.co.uk/poll-best-c...cial-28690.htm
    A nice festive Doctor Who Christmas Special Poll.

Comment

Originally posted by Billz View Post
      Damnit!

Not a fan of Mark's episodes.
      For anyone wondering, these are the episodes Gatiss has written:

27.03 The Unquiet Dead
      28.07 The Idiot's Lantern
      31.03 Victory of the Daleks
      32.09 Night Terrors

He has also acted in the series as:
      - Lazarus, in The Lazarus Experiment
      - the voice of Danny Boy in Victory of the Daleks and A Good Man Goes to War
      - Gantok in The Wedding of River Song
      "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

http://doctorwhotv.co.uk/gillan-on-s...more-29165.htm
        Karen on Series 7, the 50th Anniversary and other stuff

http://doctorwhotv.co.uk/15-christma...sers-29256.htm
        15 Christmas teasers

Comment

Seriously ill child had the chance to meet Matt Smith

http://www.guardian-series.co.uk/new...eets_his_hero/

A teenager's dream came true when he met the Doctor during a Christmas party at 10 Downing Street.

Ross Berman, 13, of Dickens Rise, Chigwell, spoke to actor Matt Smith, who plays the TV Time Lord, at the event, which was organised by Starlight Children’s Foundation.

His mother, Jane Berman, who joined him there, said: “Ross was absolutely thrilled to meet Doctor Who. He’s a real fan.

“Matt Smith came running down Downing Street and ran up to Ross and said ‘I’ve come all the way from Gallifrey to see you’.”

Ross, who is a pupil at Davenant Foundation School in Loughton, has had regular visits to hospital for a serious bowel condition since he was eight.

He needed life-saving surgery earlier this year and will have another operation next year.

Staff at the Royal London Hospital, where he receives treatment, put him forward for a chance to meet his hero and Starlight Children’s Foundation, which grants wishes to seriously ill children.

Comment

Originally posted by Blencathra View Post
            Seriously ill child had the chance to meet Matt Smith

http://www.guardian-series.co.uk/new...eets_his_hero/

A teenager's dream came true when he met the Doctor during a Christmas party at 10 Downing Street.

Ross Berman, 13, of Dickens Rise, Chigwell, spoke to actor Matt Smith, who plays the TV Time Lord, at the event, which was organised by Starlight Children’s Foundation.

His mother, Jane Berman, who joined him there, said: “Ross was absolutely thrilled to meet Doctor Who. He’s a real fan.

“Matt Smith came running down Downing Street and ran up to Ross and said ‘I’ve come all the way from Gallifrey to see you’.”

Ross, who is a pupil at Davenant Foundation School in Loughton, has had regular visits to hospital for a serious bowel condition since he was eight.

He needed life-saving surgery earlier this year and will have another operation next year.

Staff at the Royal London Hospital, where he receives treatment, put him forward for a chance to meet his hero and Starlight Children’s Foundation, which grants wishes to seriously ill children.
            Wonderful.

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
            K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

Lovely story, isn't it. Matt is so brilliant with kids.

Steven Moffat hints at multiple Doctor Who 50th anniversary specials

http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2011-...rsary-specials

It's Doctor Who's 50th anniversary in 2013, and Whovians are already excitedly speculating about multiple Doctors returning for an ensemble episode - but according to showrunner Steven Moffat there might well also be multiple episodes to mark the BBC sci-fi show's half-centenary.

“Why talk in the singular?" said Moffat, when asked by The Scotsman about the upcoming anniversary episode. "The plans are at an early stage, but we have some very clear ideas about some of the things we’re doing, and I think Doctor Who fans and kids will think it’s the best thing ever. We’ve got a load of very big plans – the mere fact that we’re talking about this two years before the event should tell you how seriously we’re taking it.”

And although Moffat refused to give anymore away about the 2013 show(s), he was keen to dispel recent rumours about a big budget Hollywood film version of Doctor Who which some have speculated may be totally disconnected from traditional Who canon.

“It’s completely inaccurate!” said Moffat. “There’s nothing there. I mean it would be lovely, yes. If anything, the only good bit about this is that it might actually focus our minds on thinking that we actually should do a film.

"It’s not going to be a different version of Doctor Who with two different Doctors at the same time. Of course not, we’re not that silly. That would be no way to run a franchise, would it? I’d love it to happen, but that version you heard was just a guy getting cornered on the red carpet and not really being on-message.”

But with a new series of Sherlock in the offing and the continuing pressures of stewarding Doctor Who, Moffat was happy to admit that his current job isn't easy.

“I never find any time to relax,” he said. Explaining that it's not the programme's themselves that he finds it difficult to deal with, “but all the stuff that surrounds it, [it] can be... not so much bad as relentless. I have one of those jobs that a lot of people have, where I check my emails in the morning with trepidation. You know, is there a bomb in here, what am I unwrapping today? But in the main I wouldn’t be here if I didn’t love it.”

Having taken on the Doctor and Sherlock Holmes, Moffat said he'd ruled himself out of re-inventing another beloved fictional hero: James Bond.

“When Mark [Gatiss, co-creator of Sherlock] and I get together we discuss Doctor Who, Sherlock Holmes and James Bond, and I keep saying, ‘Oh, we can’t do James Bond because there has to be something left that’s still fiction for us!’ I love those films, but I think I shouldn’t write that because then I’ll ruin James Bond for myself.”

But although Doctor Who dominates his life at the moment, Moffat said he can clearly envisage giving up his dream job.

“I genuinely haven’t got a plan," he said, "except I’ll probably have to stop at some point or I’ll die. And dying would be bad. But my main concern is not so much how long I do it, but that I absolutely, definitely am going to be handing it on to somebody else. I want it to be in great shape, and some day I want somebody else to come in and knock my socks off with what they do with it. You don’t want to be the last person in the relay race, do you?”

Comment

http://doctorwhotv.co.uk/moffat-on-h...ture-29268.htm
                Moffat on his Who future.

http://doctorwhotv.co.uk/moffat-writ...ovie-29285.htm
                Moffat writing Doctor Who movie?

http://doctorwhotv.co.uk/play-doctor...-now-29289.htm
                Play Doctor Who Worlds In Time now!

Comment

http://www.express.co.uk/features/vi...tor-Who-return
                  David Tennant lined up for Doctor Who return
                  (Radcliffe ??????)
                  Grimm returns October 24
                  sigpic

Signature and Avatar by Hyndara71 - Thank you very much
                  Profile Picture by BM-Shipper

Comment

Originally posted by mi_guard View Post
                    (Radcliffe ??????)
                    As with everything to do with British newspapers...do not believe them until its official from the horses mouth. In this case the BBC.

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,

Comment

Originally posted by Alan View Post
                      As with everything to do with British newspapers...do not believe them until its official from the horses mouth. In this case the BBC.

Especially if it's in The Sun
                      Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
                        Especially if it's in The Sun
                        LOL Yes, indeed. But all newspapers are just as bad as each other. I wouldn't believe them if they told me rain was wet.

Comment

Originally posted by mi_guard View Post
                          (Radcliffe ??????)
                          The supermarket tabloids (AKA complete bull****) also prophezised the return of The Rani, and also that she would be played by Zoe Lucker. That was in 2006. Guess how that turned out.

All I am saying is, that don't take that "news" with a pinch of salt, but more with a mountain of triceratops dung!

Teselecta: "Silence will fall when the question is asked."

Doctor: "And what is the question?"

Teselecta: "How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?"

Doctor: " *Brainfart* ".

Comment

I just had a neat idea for the 50th anniversary special, what if instead of the 11 Doctors they did the 11 Companions, where the current Doctor teams up with a companion from each of his 11 incarnations? It wouldn't matter that the companions had grown older. Perhaps some villain kidnaps his past companions in order to lure the Doctor out of hiding now that he's decided to fade into the shadows. There are still living companions from each of the past Doctors.
                            sigpic
                            Although bow ties are cool, the scarf is cooler!

Comment

Originally posted by 4thDoctor View Post
                              I just had a neat idea for the 50th anniversary special, what if instead of the 11 Doctors they did the 11 Companions, where the current Doctor teams up with a companion from each of his 11 incarnations? It wouldn't matter that the companions had grown older. Perhaps some villain kidnaps his past companions in order to lure the Doctor out of hiding now that he's decided to fade into the shadows. There are still living companions from each of the past Doctors.
                              Now, that is a bloody good idea.
                              sigpic
                              Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
                              To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
                              And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

^ Thank you. 4thDoctorthumb.gif
                                sigpic
                                Although bow ties are cool, the scarf is cooler!

Comment

Working...
                                X