Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cannot see if all of this has been posted already (about Amy, Rory, River and new companion):

Spoiler:
    UPDATE: Moffat has also teased that River WILL be returning next season.

Steven Moffat has announced at the Press Screening today that the Ponds will leave in Season 7 and that a new companion will join the Doctor on his travels. Amy and Rory will be in quite a few of the episodes it seems, but their departure will be "heartbreaking".

As yet no-one has been cast as the new companion.

Taken from: SpoilerTV http://www.spoilertv.com/2011/12/doc...#ixzz1gdjJBhQL
    Grimm returns October 24
    sigpic

Signature and Avatar by Hyndara71 - Thank you very much
    Profile Picture by BM-Shipper

Comment

Originally posted by mi_guard View Post
      cannot see if all of this has been posted already (about Amy, Rory, River and new companion):

Spoiler:

Steven Moffat has announced at the Press Screening today that the Ponds will leave in Season 7 and that a new companion will join the Doctor on his travels. Amy and Rory will be in quite a few of the episodes it seems, but their departure will be "heartbreaking".

Thought as much.
      Spoiler:
      I reckon either Amy or Rory will be killed, most likely Amy as Rorys been killed numerous times.

Anyone think we will see more of the Silence next season?
      We must do after Season 6s finale.

Comment

Originally posted by Teddybrown View Post
        Ooo, alots been spoken about today...

http://doctorwhotv.co.uk/no-two-part...es-7-29062.htm
        No 2 parters in Season 7...
        Jesus friggin' christ, Whovians are on the ball! I just read this and came to post it here....only to find that I've (once again) been beaten to the punch
        "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Ooo, alots been spoken about today...

http://doctorwhotv.co.uk/no-two-part...es-7-29062.htm
          No 2 parters in Season 7...
          So it's all going to be single, self contained episodes? It would be a nice change of pace.

I wonder if the Wooden King (and Queen) are a part of a sub-species of the Tree Of Cheem.
          http://tardis.wikia.com/wiki/Tree_of_Cheem

Matt's done pretty well. Most of the previous Doctors stayed in the role for 3 years, so that seems to be the average. Sure, I'd like to see Matt in the role post-2013, but with the grueling work schedule, it's understandable that he may want to leave the TARDIS in or after 2013.

Spoiler:

I love Amy and Rory, but I can understand that Moffat wants to change the companions again. Doctor Who is all about change. I'm going to miss Karen Gillan (Amy) a lot though.
          Teselecta: "Silence will fall when the question is asked."

Doctor: "And what is the question?"

Teselecta: "How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?"

Doctor: " *Brainfart* ".

Comment

Spoiler:

My money is on

Spoiler:
            Amy & Rory ending up in the CAL computer with River.

Although I'll miss Amy & Rory very much, I'm also looking forward to a new companion. (Craig Owens or Clyde Langer please!)

I'm really pleased about there being more River though.

Apparently there will be some more information released tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
              Jesus friggin' christ, Whovians are on the ball! I just read this and came to post it here....only to find that I've (once again) been beaten to the punch
              Tee hee lol, part of my daily routine to get home from work and check for Who updates lol

@Blencathra
              Spoiler:
              That would be nice, all of them ending up together.
              Also, nice idea about Clyde, and yeah, Craig would make a good companion
              And yes, more River is always good lol, always welcome, and no suprise.

Dunno sbout the single episodes, I liked the pace of the 2 parters, but I also liked the single episodes.
              Will have to wait and see...
              But I get the feeling they may have a running plot?

Also, its been confirmed.
              Spoiler:
              http://doctorwhotv.co.uk/official-gi...-who-29113.htm
              Maybe a new companion will be announced tomorrow?

Comment

Originally posted by Blencathra View Post
                My money is on

Spoiler:
                Amy & Rory ending up in the CAL computer with River.

Although I'll miss Amy & Rory very much, I'm also looking forward to a new companion. (Craig Owens or Clyde Langer please!)

I'm really pleased about there being more River though.
                Spoiler:
                That's... actually a pretty good idea. It'd be nice for Amy, Rory, and River to be together like that.

Craig as a companion flew out the window the moment Alfie was introduced. He's a dad now; short of bringing the kid along with them (which is not going to happen), he just can't go gallivanting off with the Doctor.

Clyde would make an awesome companion. But right now, he's probably too young. Maybe in another few years?

Comment

Originally posted by Carter1994 View Post
                  Spoiler:
                  That's... actually a pretty good idea. It'd be nice for Amy, Rory, and River to be together like that.

Craig as a companion flew out the window the moment Alfie was introduced. He's a dad now; short of bringing the kid along with them (which is not going to happen), he just can't go gallivanting off with the Doctor.

Clyde would make an awesome companion. But right now, he's probably too young. Maybe in another few years?
                  Spoiler:
                  The character of Clyde is young but Daniel Anthony (the actor that plays him) is in his 20's. There's no reason why they couldn't bring Clyde up to Daniel's age.

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
                  K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

Spoiler:

Daniel Anthony who plays Clyde is actually 24. He just looks young.

Edit - Simultaneous post with Alan.

Comment

Originally posted by Blencathra View Post
                      Daniel Anthony who plays Clyde is actually 24. He just looks young.

Edit - Simultaneous post with Alan.
                      Heehee. Great minds think on the same lines.

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,

Comment

'Twas just thinking of Clyde's age, not the actor's.

I suppose it's conceivable that they move Clyde up a few years... hm. Could get interesting.

Comment

'Twas just thinking of Clyde's age, not the actor's.

I suppose it's conceivable that they move Clyde up a few years... hm. Could get interesting.
                          Indeed. They could do the same for Rani too. Bring her up to Anjli's age of 21. We'd have our "Clani" on-board TARDIS then.

Comment

Originally posted by Alan View Post
                            Indeed. They could do the same for Rani too. Bring her up to Anjli's age of 21. We'd have our "Clani" on-board TARDIS then.

I'm starting to like this idea way too much. Must think of something else before I get too set on the idea.

Comment

I'm starting to like this idea way too much. Must think of something else before I get too set on the idea.
                              Yeah, I think we should. I mean it is too good an idea and definitely a fan idea too and maybe just one which requires too much hope behind it maybe? The thing is with a device like the TARDIS the next companions could be from any planet and any time. Captain Jack Harkness being from the 51st century was the most "out there" a companion has been and he left in 2005. I think maybe another companion from the future or from before the 20th century or maybe an alien companion would be interesting...but to be honest I'll be happy with whoever joins the Doctor next in his travels.

Comment

Just as long as it isn't another young girl with a crush on the Doctor, I'm sick of that.
                                sigpic
                                Although bow ties are cool, the scarf is cooler!

Comment

Working...
                                X