X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Alan View Post
    Why?

Notthing bad really but it just seems that this series was set in an alternate and separate universe to Doctor Who, and the creators of it had that intention in mind so why do the crossover thing now?
    Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
      Notthing bad really but it just seems that this series was set in an alternate and separate universe to Doctor Who, and the creators of it had that intention in mind so why do the crossover thing now?
      I don't see anything to suggest that K-9 is set in an alternate and seperate reality. Doctor Who has spent little to no time in the 2050's to give any sort of idea what it is like at that time. There is nothing in Doctor Who that goes against what has been set up in K-9 and vice versa.

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD, THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
      K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

I don't see anything to suggest that K-9 is set in an alternate and seperate reality. Doctor Who has spent little to no time in the 2050's to give any sort of idea what it is like at that time. There is nothing in Doctor Who that goes against what has been set up in K-9 and vice versa.

No, no I thought the K9 series was set up to be independent of Doctor Who

Comment

No, no I thought the K9 series was set up to be independent of Doctor Who
          It is...just as Torchwood and The Sarah Jane Adventures were set up to be independent. It's Captain Jack Harkness and Sarah Jane Smith and K-9 that keep the spin-offs connected with Doctor Who. TW and TSJA could quite easily have carried on without making any references at all to DW...but they still make them. They can also make these references clearly because they are made by the BBC. K-9 can also reference DW but they have to be very subtle with them because they aren't made by the BBC.

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD, THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,

Comment

I would say *extremely* subtle in most cases - three notes from the theme song? Shades of the the old "Name That Tune"!
            sigpic

Comment

It is...just as Torchwood and The Sarah Jane Adventures were set up to be independent. It's Captain Jack Harkness and Sarah Jane Smith and K-9 that keep the spin-offs connected with Doctor Who. TW and TSJA could quite easily have carried on without making any references at all to DW...but they still make them. They can also make these references clearly because they are made by the BBC. K-9 can also reference DW but they have to be very subtle with them because they aren't made by the BBC.
              It's the BBC connection that made me think they won't be allowed to do that. Not directly in your face but subtle yes

Comment

It's the BBC connection that made me think they won't be allowed to do that. Not directly in your face but subtle yes
                Yes, it's basically the licencing issue between the BBC and the company behind K-9 that keeps the spin-off from making more direct references to its parent show.

Comment

Tom Baker at Elisabeth Sladen Book Launch
                  Thursday, November 10, 2011 - Posted by Marcus

The Doctor Who Experience is to host a special event celebrating the launch of the recently published autobiography of Elisabeth Sladen.

The event, held at the Experience's current home at Olympia in London, will feature fourth Doctor, Tom Baker talking about his memories of working with Sladen alongside Terrance Dicks, who was Script Editor of Doctor Who when Sladen was cast, and Sadie Miller, Elisabeth Sladen's daughter.

Hosted by TV Choice magazine's Ben Lawrence, the event will be held in the screening room at the Doctor Who Experience at 2.30pm on November 26th. It is free to enter for ticket holders to The Doctor Who Experience, who have an entry ticket for 12.30pm, 1pm or 1.30pm.

Bookings can be made via See Tickets. When selecting the relevant time slot you will be given the option to select Elisabeth Sladen book launch entry.

Link to original article here: http://www.doctorwhonews.net/2011/11...elisabeth.html

Comment

I got my copy of Lis's book yesterday & started it last night. Very bittersweet reading.

Astrid, River, and Adelaide aren't really companions. To be companions they have to travel in the TARDIS and be in more than one story back-to-back. K-9 III was never seen to travel with the Doctor on TV but you could argue that K-9 III did as he was seen to travel with the Doctor and Adric as seen in the stories that featured in the 1982 annual that could be fitted between The Keeper of Traken and Logopolis.
                    I'm curious to know why you don't consider River to be a companion, Alan.

Comment

Originally posted by Blencathra View Post
                      I'm curious to know why you don't consider River to be a companion, Alan.
                      Because River hasn't travelled with the Doctor in the TARDIS in back-to-back stories. She's an ally of the Doctor, but that's all.

Comment

Where and when did the Doctor get these other K-9 kits? At the end of 'The Invisible Enemy' The Doctor & Leela leave with the original K-9, but have no other kits. Then at the end of 'The Invasion of Time' the Doctor has a crate marked "K-9 Mark II" Where did it come from?
                        sigpic
                        Although bow ties are cool, the scarf is cooler!

Comment

Originally posted by 4thDoctor View Post
                          Where and when did the Doctor get these other K-9 kits? At the end of 'The Invisible Enemy' The Doctor & Leela leave with the original K-9, but have no other kits. Then at the end of 'The Invasion of Time' the Doctor has a crate marked "K-9 Mark II" Where did it come from?
                          He built it.

Comment

Because River hasn't travelled with the Doctor in the TARDIS in back-to-back stories. She's an ally of the Doctor, but that's all.
                            Ah. Now I'm counting The Pandorica Opens, The Big Bang, The Impossible Astronaut and The Day of the Moon as back-to-back. And if you are thinking "Oh, but there was A Christmas Carol inbetween", well River was there as well. Think about it...

Comment

Originally posted by Blencathra View Post
                              Ah. Now I'm counting The Pandorica Opens, The Big Bang, The Impossible Astronaut and The Day of the Moon as back-to-back. And if you are thinking "Oh, but there was A Christmas Carol inbetween", well River was there as well. Think about it...
                              I'm with Alan.

Much the same as I don't consider The Brigadier to be a companion.

River doesn't travel with the Doctor, she tracks him down and/or summons him for discrete occurences.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

http://doctorwhotv.co.uk/myles-no-to...-who-28058.htm
                                Myles doesnt think there will be a Who/Torchwood crossover for the 50th anniversary

Comment

Working...
                                X