X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Gunpowder Plot - now available to play in the UK
    Monday, October 31, 2011 - Posted by Chuck Foster

The BBC have now released their new Adventure Game, The Gunpowder Plot:

The TARDIS lands in London, 1605, encountering a group of men who are plotting to assassinate the Head of State. The Doctor, Amy and Rory realise they are at a pivotal point in time but so are two alien races, each of which are more than happy to change history to suit their own ends...

The game was written by Phil Ford and produced by Gary Russell, and is available to download for free in the United Kingdom.

Link to original article here: http://www.doctorwhonews.net/2011/10...-plot-now.html

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
    K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

Originally posted by Alan View Post
      The Gunpowder Plot - now available to play in the UK
      Monday, October 31, 2011 - Posted by Chuck Foster

The BBC have now released their new Adventure Game, The Gunpowder Plot:

The TARDIS lands in London, 1605, encountering a group of men who are plotting to assassinate the Head of State. The Doctor, Amy and Rory realise they are at a pivotal point in time but so are two alien races, each of which are more than happy to change history to suit their own ends...

The game was written by Phil Ford and produced by Gary Russell, and is available to download for free in the United Kingdom.

Link to original article here: http://www.doctorwhonews.net/2011/10...-plot-now.html
      Finally!
      Downloading as I type this lol

Comment

Originally posted by Teddybrown View Post
        Finally!
        Downloading as I type this lol
        Me too! I'm 93% done as I write this!

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
        K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

Well that was enjoyable. Certainly a step up from the last lot of Adventure Games in terms of length and size, and getting to play Rory was fun. Some complaints though, chiefly load times, clipping, and the general rubbish performance of my prehistoric laptop...which isn't actually the game's fault. And on the lower performance settings, Rory looks like he's wearing pheasant feathers on his head rather than hair, for some reason.

Still, it was fun and it felt like a fully fledged episode of Who with a good cast, decent plot, and above all
          Spoiler:
          I got to shoot Sontarans in the back of the neck with marbles from a slingshot!!!
          And now it's time for one last bow, like all your other selves. Eleven's hour is over now... the clock is striking Twelve's.
          sigpic
          Stargate Ragnarok | FF.net | AO3 | Lakeside | My Fallout 3 Mods | Poppy Appeal | Help For Heroes | Combat Stress

Comment

Just finished the game...

I thoroughly enjoyed that mini game, actually felt like a full blown episode!
            Good strong voice cast, interesting characters, good length, some bits got a bit boring, but most of it was enjoyable.

I have to agree though abit on the graphics, even on the highest graphic settings some thingsdidnt look right, and at some parts in the game, I could walk through walls, get shot through walls and also, fall through crates and the ground.

Overall, Id give this game a strong 8.5/10

Anyone spot the Silence? I cant remember seeing one, but maybe thats the whole point?
            Last edited by Teddybrown; 31 October 2011, 06:06 PM.

Comment

Anyone spot the Silence? I cant remember seeing one, but maybe thats the whole point?
              I reckon its a trick to get people to replay the game. Just say there's a Silence in there somewhere and then claim 'how do you know you didn't find it? Is there a black marker in any of the character's inventories?"

That said, I sense a replay is imminent and an urge to put a tally mark on my forearm.
              And now it's time for one last bow, like all your other selves. Eleven's hour is over now... the clock is striking Twelve's.
              sigpic
              Stargate Ragnarok | FF.net | AO3 | Lakeside | My Fallout 3 Mods | Poppy Appeal | Help For Heroes | Combat Stress

Comment

Apparently it can be spotted 'as Amy searched for clues', so says the Tardis Index.
                "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

This might sound dumb...

It would have been cool had you finnished a game you could go back to the game and explore it with no hinderance to just look for collectibles.
                  Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
                    Look what I found.......

Brilliant Doctor Who wrap up video with The Proclaimers as the tune

So here, finally on the internet is The Ballad Of Russell And Julie, performed by David Tennant, John Barrowman and Catherine Tate, reprising the whole of the first four series, with Russell played by David and Julie by Catherine.

!

Internet do your work. References to Jon Barrowman’s propensity to flash his penis, Russell’s obsession with Skins and even Outpost Gallifrey even gets a mention…

I had no idea Catherine Tate could sing. I love Catherine Tate as Donna
                    Lool, just watched these two vids, couldnt stop laughing.
                    You can tell Davids a massive The Proclaimers fan, nice to see the cast and crew having fun.

Reminds me of this video.
                    Last edited by Teddybrown; 31 October 2011, 06:32 PM.

Comment

You can tell Davids a massive The Proclaimers fan, nice to see the cast and crew having fun.

OMG Bonnie Langford was there..... Mel?

Wow what has she been up to and good to see her there, but what's she been up to lately?
                      Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                        Apparently it can be spotted 'as Amy searched for clues', so says the Tardis Index.
                        Either I just spotted it during a replay, or the game has another glitch. If the former, it's actually quite clever - it appears fleetingly and cannot be seen again once you move past the area where it's standing.

That said, it was so damn quick (quite, quite literally "blink and you'll miss it") I'm inclined to believe it was the latter, because I didn't get a good enough look and the too-short sound didn't match.
                        sigpic

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JnUOPsjC2qk
                          thanks for posting it - and David Tennant wearing a kilt!
                          Grimm returns October 24
                          sigpic

Signature and Avatar by Hyndara71 - Thank you very much
                          Profile Picture by BM-Shipper

Comment

Originally posted by Sealurk View Post
                            Either I just spotted it during a replay, or the game has another glitch. If the former, it's actually quite clever - it appears fleetingly and cannot be seen again once you move past the area where it's standing.

That said, it was so damn quick (quite, quite literally "blink and you'll miss it") I'm inclined to believe it was the latter, because I didn't get a good enough look and the too-short sound didn't match.
                            At one point the game, i thought a Silence was ging to appear, cause their sound just randomely started playing for a few seconds.

EDIT:
                            Found a video where one appears.

Comment

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
                              Look what I found.......

Brilliant Doctor Who wrap up video with The Proclaimers as the tune

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=3s4Czla6tXc
                              related to above "Cast and Crew" video, see what I just found

By now, we’ve all seen the magical David Tennant farewell video, featuring the Russell T Davies-era cast, crew, and various monsters dancing joyously to The Proclaimers song “I’m Gonna Be (500 Miles).” (The musicians even make a cameo themselves.) ........

Not only has the belatedly released video become a viral sensation, it has inspired an incredibly ambitious project called “The 500 Mile Whovian Collab,” the Doctor Who Tumblr reports.

The idea? The folks behind The Eleventh Blog want to replicate the Tennant clip as a fan collab video, inviting Whovians worldwide to record themselves dancing along to the Proclaimers hit. “If you wish to take part upload your video of you dancing like the cast to YouTube and send the link via email to [email protected],” they write. “You have till November 13 to submit your addition. Pass the word on.” Oh, and they have a request: “Include a flag of your country in the video.”
                              here is the link http://blogs.bbcamerica.com/anglophe...s-fan-project/

maybe someone would like to participate
                              Grimm returns October 24
                              sigpic

Signature and Avatar by Hyndara71 - Thank you very much
                              Profile Picture by BM-Shipper

Comment

Originally posted by mi_guard View Post
                                related to above "Cast and Crew" video, see what I just found

here is the link http://blogs.bbcamerica.com/anglophe...s-fan-project/

maybe someone would like to participate
                                I think i'll take a crack at this!
                                Teselecta: "Silence will fall when the question is asked."

Doctor: "And what is the question?"

Teselecta: "How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?"

Doctor: " *Brainfart* ".

Comment

Working...
                                X