Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is it just me or did the Doctor Who site release 2 spoiler photos this morning, heres the link
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/dw/ne..._Next_24_Hours

Spoilers for those who havent seen Episode 1 and those who dont want to be spoiled!!!

Comment

Originally posted by antipodal View Post
      For US fans, Karen Gillan is currently scheduled to appear on the Late, Late Show with Craig Ferguson on Friday, April 22, 2011 on CBS. Please check your local listings to confirm channel, date and time.
      Here is the interview

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Teddybrown View Post
        Is it just me or did the Doctor Who site release 2 spoiler photos this morning, heres the link
        http://www.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/dw/ne..._Next_24_Hours

Spoilers for those who havent seen Episode 1 and those who dont want to be spoiled!!!
        I thought there was three?

Also, glad that The Master and Captain Jack may return.

Also, I need to stop spoiling myself.

Preview clips to The Day of the Moon:
        http://www.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/dw/ne...ay_of_the_Moon
        My post for Gate World: An Autistic's take on Sci-Fi

Comment

Disappointed.

I know it's sunny but still - hope the ratings go up next week. I hope they also take into account how many people have been catching up on iPlayer.
          I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic
          Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

Comment

I'm sure they do. Also the HD viewing figures are separate from that as well.

What really pisses me off though is that tabloids like the Daily Mail will get their nasty paws on it & will run around screaming that fans are leaving Doctor Who in droves.

Comment

Originally posted by Admiral Mappalazarou View Post
              Disappointed.

I know it's sunny but still - hope the ratings go up next week. I hope they also take into account how many people have been catching up on iPlayer.
              Since when was having 6.5 million viewers on the opening episode a bad thing?

Would you rather it had an average 870,000 viewers like the back half of SGU season 2 has (SGU is awesome, WTF is wrong with the viewing public?)?
              Teselecta: "Silence will fall when the question is asked."

Doctor: "And what is the question?"

Teselecta: "How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?"

Doctor: " *Brainfart* ".

Comment

Originally posted by Billz View Post

Would you rather it had an average 870,000 viewers like the back half of SGU season 2 has (SGU is awesome, WTF is wrong with the viewing public?)?
                Indeed. 6.5 million is great! Its the second highest rated program for the day so that's awesome!

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD, THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
                K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

Originally posted by Blencathra View Post
                  I'm sure they do. Also the HD viewing figures are separate from that as well.

What really pisses me off though is that tabloids like the Daily Mail will get their nasty paws on it & will run around screaming that fans are leaving Doctor Who in droves.
                  Same. I know it's a good thing to have that many viewers, but it is down from the previous series openers. I hate the very thought of a show like losing viewership, even for the heat. I watched it in HD so maybe I'm partly to blame, but gosh darn it I couldn't help myself!

You make a good point. But Doctor Who is iconic for the British. It should have the extra 3 million on top like Britain's Got Talent.
                  I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic
                  Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

Comment

Originally posted by Admiral Mappalazarou View Post
                    You make a good point. But Doctor Who is iconic for the British. It should have the extra 3 million on top like Britain's Got Talent.
                    If the 3 million you mentioned are fans of Britains Got Talent, then I'd rather that they stay fans of Britains Got Talent. Doctor Who doesn't need fans who think that reality TV or public humiliation TV is cool.
                    Teselecta: "Silence will fall when the question is asked."

Doctor: "And what is the question?"

Teselecta: "How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?"

Doctor: " *Brainfart* ".

Comment

big green for u. i'm so sick of negative rating artclles.
                      https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Well to be fair, 6.5 million is a bit low. Usually the series pulls in 9 million+ when it comes to season openers. I thought it was supposed to air on Sunday, not Saturday so it's possible others did the same thing (and no, I was not watching Britain's Got Talent). I'm looking forward to the iPlayer results to see how many watched it online.

The fact it came second shows that Britain may have talent, but it definitely hasn't got taste. That said, it's possible the show did have more viewers but a bigger group of viewers with the boxes used for determining ratings were watching other crap while everyone else watched Who.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SaberBlade View Post
                          I thought it was supposed to air on Sunday
                          Detail from Impossible Astronaut below, but doesn't give away any plot points
                          Spoiler:
                          Considering that the invitation cards were marked 4/22/2011, I wonder if the show was originally scheduled to be on Friday? Just because in season 5 the Doctor & co. kept finding clues about the Tardis exploding on 6/??/2010 which was the season finale air date. Therefore it seems like they try to match in-show dates with actual air dates.

Comment

In reading some people's posts here I cannot believe that some people thought Doctor Who was returning on Sunday. WHAT????? Doctor Who has ALWAYS been on Saturday evenings ever since it returned in 2005 and my signature's been advertising its return whenever I post and the BBC have its trailers advertising Saturday.

Incredibly silly and careless mistake to make.

DOCTOR WHO - SATURDAY'S ON BBC1

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD, THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,

Comment

Well, in all fairness it was an early rumour that "Day of the Moon" might have been broadcast on Easter Sunday.
                              sigpic
                              Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
                              To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
                              And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

Originally posted by BruTak View Post
                                Well, in all fairness it was an early rumour that "Day of the Moon" might have been broadcast on Easter Sunday.
                                Yes, but Day of the Moon is still the second episode and Sunday still comes after Saturday. April 23rd was always going to be Saturday which is the date and day The Impossible Astronaut (the first episode) was advertised for. So regardless of whether or not Day of the Moon was on Sunday, The Impossible Astronaut was always going to be the on the day before - Saturday.

DOCTOR WHO -
                                SATURDAY'S ON BBC1

Comment

Working...
                                X