Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It looks like we might have an air date for Season 6.

I'm guessing that the air date will be the same for both the UK and the US like what happened with A Christmas Carol.

http://www.doctorwhonews.net/2011/03...nounce-us.html

http://www.spoilertv.com/2011/03/doc...iere-date.html

Doctor Who fans, your wait is almost over. EW has learned the premiere date of the new season of the international cult hit, plus some plot details and we have a first look at the show’s marketing art.

BBC America will launch Doctor Who on Saturday, April 23 at 9 p.m ET. That’s Part One of a two-part opener penned by showrunner Steven Moffat (who also did the BBC’s Sherlock reboot — rent it if you’re a Holmes & Watson fan and haven’t seen it yet). This season also includes guest star Mark Sheppard (Supernatural, Battlestar Galactica). Alex Kingston (ER, Flash Forward) is returning for this round too.

Spoiler:
    The premiere description has the Brit team filming in North America for the first time: “The Doctor (Matt Smith), and his companions Amy (Karen Gillan) and Rory (Arthur Darvill), find themselves on a secret summons that takes them on an adventure from the desert in Utah — right to the Oval Office in 1969.”

Last edited by Blencathra; 09 March 2011, 12:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Blencathra View Post
      It looks like we might have an air date for Season 6.

I'm guessing that the air date will be the same for both the UK and the US like what happened with A Christmas Carol.

http://www.doctorwhonews.net/2011/03...nounce-us.html

http://www.spoilertv.com/2011/03/doc...iere-date.html

Doctor Who fans, your wait is almost over. EW has learned the premiere date of the new season of the international cult hit, plus some plot details and we have a first look at the show’s marketing art.

BBC America will launch Doctor Who on Saturday, April 23 at 9 p.m ET. That’s Part One of a two-part opener penned by showrunner Steven Moffat (who also did the BBC’s Sherlock reboot — rent it if you’re a Holmes & Watson fan and haven’t seen it yet). This season also includes guest star Mark Sheppard (Supernatural, Battlestar Galactica). Alex Kingston (ER, Flash Forward) is returning for this round too.

Spoiler:
      The premiere description has the Brit team filming in North America for the first time: “The Doctor (Matt Smith), and his companions Amy (Karen Gillan) and Rory (Arthur Darvill), find themselves on a secret summons that takes them on an adventure from the desert in Utah — right to the Oval Office in 1969.”

Thanks for this information
      I hope you dont mind, I posted it in the Series 6 thread aswell, but all credit went to you for finding it

Comment

No worries Teddy. I don't go into that thread as I'm trying not to get too spoiled.

Exciting news!!

BTW I have the pic used for the ad, if anyone wants to steal it.

Spoiler:

Comment

No worries Teddy. I don't go into that thread as I'm trying not to get too spoiled.

Exciting news!!

Spoiler:
          Ooo, thats quite a nice picture lol
          The Series 6 thread isnt really that spoilery, just discussing trailers and stuff and most major spoilers are spoiler tagged, but if you dont want to be spoiled, then maybe you should give the thread a miss
          If you want, if you find anymore interesting stuff, you could post it here then ill make a post in the Series 6 thread, all credits going to you off course.
          Last edited by Teddybrown; 09 March 2011, 01:10 PM.

Comment

Looks like it could be a poster for a Western or something.
            sigpic
            Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
            To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
            And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

Doctor Who add some cosmic relief to Red Nose Day
              Mar 9, 2011

BBC1's Comic Relief night will include a two-part Doctor Who special.

The story, which has been specially written for Comic Relief by the show's head writer and executive producer Steven Moffat, will see Matt Smith joining in the fun as the Time Lord alongside Karen Gillan as Amy and Arthur Darvill as her stalwart new husband Rory.

TV&Satellite Week magazine caught up with Matt Smith to find out more...

So, what can you tell us about the story?
              "It's great. The set-up is that the three of us are all in the TARDIS together, and the TARDIS materialises within itself and there are two Amy Ponds. It's a real jaunt and a bit of fun."

Is there a bad Amy and a good Amy?
              "I couldn't possibly say, but she is quite pleased to meet herself, put it that way. Rory is bemused by the whole affair but, needless to say, two Amy Ponds in his life is no bad thing. Karen really enjoyed playing two versions of herself and it is a really funny performance from her."

Was filming more fun than normal because it was for Comic Relief?
              "We are always laughing during filming anyway, but it was really nice to get to do a sitcom-like story in the TARDIS. Sometimes it is good to do something out of context and stand-alone and not have a full story narrative to follow."

How does it feel to be part of the Comic Relief tradition?
              "It is a real privilege and I was really pleased to do it. I've become friends with Comic Relief founder Richard Curtis since he wrote an episode of Doctor Who and it's nice to be involved in something that makes a difference in the world. Hopefully we can raise lots of money. Comic Relief has such a special vibe; it really is about people getting together for the greater good, which is a rare thing. The way the world is at the moment you look at all these tragedies occurring and a bit of goodwill goes a long way."

Do you have any favourite memories of Comic Relief?
              "It is something I always watched as a kid, but I think seeing Rowan Atkinson play the Doctor back in 1999 is one of my favourite moments. The sketch had Hugh Grant in it as well and I thought he and Rowan were brilliant. There is something exciting about getting people together like that as a team."

What else are you looking forward to seeing on the night?
              "I am looking forward to seeing David Walliams, and James Corden is doing some Smithy sketches too, which will be good, plus Take That are always fun."

Would you ever like to take part in one of the big celebrity challenges, like this year's desert challenge?
              "Yes, time permitting. We are always filming, so it is really difficult. It's wonderful that Dermot O'Leary and everyone have been having an adventure out trekking in Africa. I'd really like to go out there and do a special report one day as well."

Link to original article here: http://www.whatsontv.co.uk/reality/c...nose-day/12033

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD, THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
              K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

Exciting news!!

Spoiler:
                [IMG]http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5251/5513171302_2ce0bb81e2_o.jpg[/IG]
                I stole it! Its beautiful!

Comment

Source: SciFi and TV Talk

Sci-Fi Blast From The Past - William Russell (Doctor Who)
                  Blog Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by antipodal View Post
                    Source: SciFi and TV Talk

Sci-Fi Blast From The Past - William Russell (Doctor Who)
                    You know what would be great?

If William Russell had a cameo in the newest series of Doctor Who. Obviously not to come back as Ian Chesterton as it is established in "Death Of The Doctor - Part 2 (SJA 4x06)" that Ian and Barbara haven't aged since the 60's. But William Russell is a Doctor Who legend. A cameo in the next season as a different character would be brilliant.
                    Teselecta: "Silence will fall when the question is asked."

Doctor: "And what is the question?"

Teselecta: "How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?"

Doctor: " *Brainfart* ".

Comment

Here's a very short clip from the Dr Who Comic Relief 2011 special.

Spoiler:

Comment

Doctor Who Series Six Opening Story Titles Revealed
                        Monday, March 14, 2011 - Posted by Chuck Foster

Screenings for the opening two-part story of Series Six of Doctor Who are now being arranged, and invitations have revealed the titles of those episodes to be The Impossible Astronaut and Day of the Moon.

The BBC's Entertainment correspondent Lizo Mzimba first revealed the titles this afternoon: "Just got invite to screening of first two new Doctor Who eps. 'The Impossible Astronaut' and 'Day of the Moon'. Gosh, the year's gone quickly." This was confirmed by Doctor Who Magazine, who also mentioned they would reveal further titles soon: "Invites for the DW press launch have been sent out today, confirming titles for Eps 1 & 2 as The Impossible Astronaut and Day of the Moon. DWM has the titles for the next five episodes too – but we're going to sit on them for now. They're for our next issue's news page...!"

The date of the premier on television in the United Kingdom has yet to be announced by the BBC.

Link to original article is here: http://www.doctorwhonews.net/2011/03...eries-six.html

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD, THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,

Comment

Tom Baker signs for Big Finish
                          Tuesday, March 15, 2011 - Posted by Marcus

Tom Baker has officially signed to record a series of Audio Plays for Big Finish, where he will be reunited with former companions, Louise Jameson playing Leela and Mary Tamm playing Romana.

The link up has been expected for some time after Baker posted on his forum that he was in talks with the company, but noting was officially confirmed until a press statement from the company earlier today.

Baker has previously recorded a set of stories for BBC Audio, but has never worked for the independent company before.

The new adventures will be recorded this summer and are expected to be released early in 2012. A first season of six single-disc releases will released, with a second season of seven single-disc releases to follow at a date to be confirmed. There will also be a five-disc box set entitled Doctor Who: The Lost Stories – The Fourth Doctor Box Set.

The producers across the Fourth Doctor adventures will be David Richardson and Nicholas Briggs who said
                          As many of you will know, we've been talking to Tom for a long time, David Richardson and I went to visit Tom at his home not long ago to chat about it all. We had a really great time. At that point, I sincerely felt that had we taken a microphone with us, Tom would have started there and then - but, of course, there are always finer details to sort out. Now that our plans are in place, and Tom has enthusiastically told the world that we're going ahead, we thought it best to follow-up with our own announcement. Rest assured that in the coming months we will be releasing news on this as soon as we are able.

Executive producer Jason Haigh-Ellery said:
                          I am delighted that Tom will be joining the Big Finish audio adventures of Doctor Who. As a small child, I remember how charismatic and engaging his performance was each Saturday tea time - and we are all looking forward to recreating that era again.

Link to original article here: http://www.doctorwhonews.net/2011/03...s-for-big.html

Comment

Michael Gough, The Celestial Toymaker, has died
                            Thursday, March 17, 2011 - Posted by Marcus

The actor Michael Gough has died at the age of 94 or 95.

Michael Gough was best known to Doctor Who fans for his role as The Celestial Toymaker alongside the first Doctor, William Hartnell. He later appeared with fifth Doctor Peter Davison when he played the Doctor’s old friend Hedin, in the 1982 story ‘Arc of Infinity’.

Gough was born in Kuala Lumpa in either 1916 or 1915 – he never knew which. Despite the uncertainty about his year of birth, he holds the honour of being the longest-lived actor to have appeared in Doctor Who. His career was extraordinary. Between 1947 and 2000, he recorded at least one film per year, often more, in addition to a busy TV and stage career, which included tours with the Royal Shakespeare Company.

Michael Gough’s unstoppable film career began in the forties, with ‘Androcles and the Lion’, but it was his role as Nicholai in ‘Anna Karenina’ that set in motion a prolific and distinguished movie career. By the early sixties he was well-known to TV viewers through such series as ‘The Adventures of Robin Hood’, ‘The Count of Monte Christo’, ‘The Saint’, ITV’s ‘Play of the Week’ and many more.

After appearing in the title role of the 1965 Doctor Who story ‘The Celestial Toymaker’, Gough started to achieve a cult status among horror film fans, appearing in several notable productions from Hammer and Amicus, while continuing to be a regular face on British TV, with roles in ‘The Avengers’, ‘Orlando’, ‘The Champions’ and ‘Theatre 625’, to name just a few. Throughout the seventies, he continued making several movies and TV series each year. Among the many classic series he appeared in during that decade are ‘Colditz’, ‘The Protectors’, ‘Crown Court’ and ‘Blake’s 7’. His career continued into the eighties with ‘Brideshead Revisited,’ ‘Smiley’s People’ and a second appearance in Doctor Who – this time with the fifth Doctor, Peter Davison.

After a further decade of TV and film appearances, Gough found new adoration among a new generation of film-goers as Batman’s butler, Alfred, in the new films in that franchise which began in 1989. His relentless work-rate continued during the 90s and into the 2000s, and he established a long friendship with director Tim Burton, appearing in ‘Sleepy Hollow’, ‘Corpse Bride’ and, in 2010, ‘Alice in Wonderland’. Even this however, was not his final appearance. Released in February 2011, ‘All Star Superman’ features one last outing for his legendary and unique voice.

Gough was married four times – his third wife being Doctor Who actor Anneke Wills. Wills had encountered him at various times during her life – firstly during a theatre trip with her mother in 1952 – but they first met formally, on the set of ‘Candidate for Murder’ and the attraction was instant. Gough adopted Anneke’s daughter Polly, and in 1965, their son Jasper was born.

Wills said: "As his body was deteriorating this week, he said that he wanted to hang on for St Patrick’s Day. And he did, just. In the end... there is only love."

Michael Gough leaves his wife Henrietta, his daughter Emma and sons Simon and Jasper (Yogi).
                            His grandchildren Samuel and Daisy are also actors.

He was 94 or 95.
                            (Obituary by Tim Hirst)

Link to original article here: http://www.doctorwhonews.net/2011/03...celestial.html

Comment

This is sad news indeed. I've a soft spot for his portayal of Alfred Pennyworth in the Tim Burton/Joel Shumacher Batman movies.
                              sigpic
                              Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
                              To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
                              And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

Source: Total SciFi Online

The 100 Greatest Things About Doctor Who: Part One
                                Blog Twitter

Comment

Working...
                                X