X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
    Huh?
    Replace Dundee, with Alabama and you get the gist of it.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SaberBlade View Post
      Replace Dundee, with Alabama and you get the gist of it.

Ah.....yeah ... Yes I have. But where I went was called a speck of a town in the middle of nowhere. It may as well have been the void.
      Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

Russell T. Davies 'loving new Doctor Who'
        Friday, January 21 2011, 9:37am EST
        By Morgan Jeffery, TV Reporter

Russell T. Davies has admitted that he is "loving" the current era of Doctor Who.

Davies served as showrunner on the sci-fi drama until last year, when he was replaced by Steven Moffat.

He told Assignment X: "I'm loving [the new series], I am absolutely loving it! Can't wait for the new series, can't wait!"

The writer admitted that he tries to limit his exposure to the new episodes, despite his ongoing involvement with spin-off series Torchwood and The Sarah Jane Adventures.

"I really don't want to know what's happening," he claimed. "I have to know some things, because I am still running The Sarah Jane Adventures, and there's no specific crossover, but we have to make sure we're in the same universe."

Davies added that he had been "thrilled" by a recent call from his agent about the next series of Who.

"I thought, 'God, that's exciting'," he said. "I have tiny moments of contact, but I don't want too many of them because I want to sit and watch it like a kid."

The sixth series of Doctor Who is expected to launch on BBC One in the spring.

Link to original article here: http://www.digitalspy.com/tv/s7/doct...octor-who.html

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
        K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

Doctor Who sequence opens the National Television Awards
          by Gerard McGarry on Wed, 26 January 11

When Dermot O'Leary finds himself late for his presenting gig at tonight's National Television Awards, he gets extra-terrestrial help. From The Doctor.

Yep, Matt Smith rolls up in his TARDIS in Dermot's bedroom and takes him on a journey through...well, a bunch of BBC and ITV shows. And in this fantasy sequence, we discover that The Doctor gets his laundry done by Dot Cotton, he's had an affair with Becky from Coronation Street, and at some time in the future, Amanda Holden is the Prime Minister.

For me, And & Dec stole the show with their "INVISIBLE SPACE HANDCUFFS", which explained why they've been side-by-side for the last 20 years. Here's the video, folks:

Link to original article here: http://unrealityshout.com/blogs/doct...evision-awards

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,

Comment

I rather enjoyed that. Glad to see they were also making fun of the Doctor's one set of clothing. Wasn't fond of the Britain's Got Talent bit, less of that with our Doctor Who please.

sigpic

Comment

I rather enjoyed that. Glad to see they were also making fun of the Doctor's one set of clothing. Wasn't fond of the Britain's Got Talent bit, less of that with our Doctor Who please.
              Sometimes it stinks being in the US, I had no clue what was going on. I only recognized Graham Norton(and Matt Smith)....didn't know what anything else was!

Comment

Nonsense. Eleven has at least two bowties
                "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by Replicator Todd View Post
                  Sometimes it stinks being in the US, I had no clue what was going on. I only recognized Graham Norton(and Matt Smith)....didn't know what anything else was!
                  Well I can try to explain it for our American/Canadian/International friends.

The guy who slept in was the host.

Time Frame 1: Ant and Dec. these two have been working together since I was a kid when they were doing a kids drama show. After that, been working together hosting just about everything.

Time Frame 2: Dot Cotton (played by June Brown) from the soap opera Eastenders. Chain smoking, Christian busybody who runs the local laundromat. She's been in that show for over 20 years so everyone knows her.

Time Frame 3: BBC in the future with Bruce Forsythe hosting another game show. He's like 80, still popular as hell, I think he'd be our version of Bob Barker. Him still working 100 years in the future is the joke. "Nice to see you" is his catchphrase. Everyone in the UK should know it.

TV Segment 1: Graham Norton announcing the news. Well you know him, so I think you know its unlikely he'd host the news given his popularity (at least here) when it comes to hosting late night TV shows.

TV Segment 2: Amanda Holden hosting Britain's Got Talent. Never really been famous outside this show expect when she was caught cheating on her husband who was taking part in Celebrity Big Brother at the time so had no idea about it. Her as Prime Minister was probably the worst "joke" of the thing. When she pushes the button, you can see the current judges beside her, David "The Hoff" Hasselhoff and UK comedian, Michael McIntyre.

TV Segment 3: Actress Katherine Kelly from Coronation Street (Eastender's rival soap opera, which is set in an area of Manchester called Weatherfield, thus the Weatherfieldian comment).

Then at the end, the final destination was the awards itself.

sigpic

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cm_0-zqp52I

Just hilarious.

"Oh, are you the doctor? I'm bigger on the inside."

Comment

Originally posted by jmoz View Post
                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cm_0-zqp52I

Just hilarious.

"Oh, are you the doctor? I'm bigger on the inside."
                      If you haven't seen the other posts in this thread about this interview, find the Dr. Who musical number they did.

sigpic

Comment

Found this on the BBC website, dont know if its been posted.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/dw/ne...ville_On_Board

and also this...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/dw/videos/p00d902r

Comment

A Christmas Carol - Soundtrack details
                          Thursday, February 03, 2011 - Posted by Harry Ward

Silva Screen have released the cover art and tracklisting for the soundtrack to A Christmas Carol. The album was originally due to be released in the UK on 21 February but has now been delayed until 21 March.
                          1. Come Along Pond
                          2 .Halfway out of the Dark
                          3. Pray for a Miracle
                          4. Geoff
                          5. You Didn't Hit the Boy
                          6. Fish
                          7. Kazran Sardick 12 1/2
                          8. Ghost of Christmas Past
                          9. Babysitter
                          10. Talk About Girls
                          11. Sonic Fishing
                          12. Just a Little One
                          13. Big Colour
                          14. I Can't Save Her
                          15. The Other Half's Inside the Shark
                          16. Abigail
                          17. He comes every Christmas
                          18. Shark Ride
                          19. New Memories
                          20. Holding Hands
                          21. Christmas Dinner
                          22. Goodlucknight
                          23. Goodnight Abigail
                          24. This Planet Is Ours
                          25. Ghost of Christmas Present
                          26. The Course of my Life
                          27. Ghost of Christmas Future
                          28. Abigail's Song (Silence is all you Know), (performed by Katherine Jenkins)
                          29. Everything Has to End Some Time

The music is composed by now Doctor Who composer of choice Murray Gold and performed by the excellent BBC National Orchestra of Wales and Crouch End Festival Chorus. The album will be released both physically (SILCD1360) and digitally (SILED1360). The TV episode was broadcast on Christmas Day at 6pm and featured Matt Smith as The Doctor, Karen Gillan as Amy Pond and Arthur Darvill as Rory Williams. They were joined by Michael Gambon as Kazran Sardick and Katherine Jenkins as Abigail Pettigrew.

Link to original article here: http://www.doctorwhonews.net/2011/02...mas-carol.html

Comment

David Walliams talks Doctor Who
                            Friday, February 04, 2011 - Posted by Chuck Foster

The actor David Walliams has revealed that he will appearing in a forthcoming episode of the next series of Doctor Who.

Speaking on the Chris Evans Breakfast Show this morning, when asked about which franchises he'd like to be in, the actor said:
                            I've actually been offered a part in Doctor Who, which I'm very very excited about. I've said yes, because I've always wanted a part. I don't think I can reveal much, I can just say I'm an alien. (I film it) in a few weeks. Soon! It's all happening soon, my life is starting soon!

(Chris also asked about if he was offered the role of the Doctor) I think any actor wouldn't turn down that role, yes. I won't be cast now though, because they're getting younger!
                            (he also mentioned his Comic Relief projects including a spoof band Fake That for which he would include Catherine Tate (portraying a man) and David Tennant in the cast if he could!)

The interview is available to hear on the BBC's iplayer service (from 2:34:35) for the next seven days. BBC Radio 2 have also made the studio webcam recording of the segment available via their YouTube channel:

Walliams is a professed Doctor Who fan, and leant his vocal talents for Big Finish's audio adventure Phantasmagoria. He also appeared in a number of sketches alongside Mark Gatiss for BBC2's Doctor Who Night in 1999, and in December 2008 newspapers reported the odds on him replacing David Tennant as the Doctor dropping to 8-1.

Christmas last year also saw a Dalek checking in at FlyLo Airlines in trails for the Walliams/Lucas mockumentary Come Fly With Me.

Link to original article here: http://www.doctorwhonews.net/2011/02...ams-talks.html

Bonus The Web of Caves sketch starring Mark Gatiss and David Walliams:
                            And appearing in the sketch The Kidnappers alongside a special "guest":
                            Last edited by Alan; 04 February 2011, 09:52 AM.

Comment

Doctor Who win big at the 2011 SFX Awards
                              Saturday, February 05, 2011 - Posted by Harry Ward

Doctor Who have won in 5 categories at the 2011 SFX Awards.

Matt Smith beat ex-Doctor David Tennant to 'Best Actor'. Smith told SFX:
                              "Thank you so much to the readers of SFX for voting for me. I’m really proud to have won this award and it’s amazing to receive such fantastic support from fans of the show. I’d also like to thank the team at SFX who have continued to produce brilliant coverage on the show – the magazine’s 3D lenticular cover last April was incredible and a real highlight for everyone involved in Doctor Who."

Karen Gillan won 'Best Actress'. She told SFX:
                              "Wooah! I really wasn’t expecting that! I’m completely honoured that the cool cats who read SFX have voted me best actress! Basically I’m trying to say thanks to each and every reader who took the time to vote. I would also like to thank the Doctor Who production team who work so hard every day to make this show a success. And a big thank you to Matt and Arthur for making the TARDIS team such fun to be in.

"We are back on your screens this spring with some seriously scary stuff going down. So look out…."

The show won 'Best TV Show' - which was accepted by Steven Moffat - and the 'Sci-Fi Phenomenon Award'.

Other awards for Doctor Who went to Character Options for their Eleven Doctors action figure set, which won 'Best Collectable, Model Or Toy'. Russell Tovey (Midshipman Alonso Frame, Voyage of the Damned and The End of Time, Part Two) won the 'SFX Cult Hero'.

Vincent And The Doctor lost 'Best TV Episode' to the final episode of Ashes to Ashes.

The ceremony took place at the SFX Weekender and the full list of winners and nominees on the night can be found on the SFX website.

Link to original article here: http://www.doctorwhonews.net/2011/02...in-big-at.html

Comment

I was about to nerd rage when I read this news title, but thankfully it's not the Cole I was thinking of.

Cole lands monster role on Doctor Who

Lily Cole has bagged another acting job - she's set to play a sea monster on cult sci-fi show Doctor Who.

The catwalk queen will appear as a mysterious ocean creature in an upcoming episode, in which the Time Lord visits a pirate ship in the 1600s.

And Cole insists she can't wait to shoot her role.

She tells The Sun, "It is a great script and a fun character and I am glad to be involved."

The 22 year old made her acting debut in the 2007 comedy St. Trinian's, and she also worked with the late Heath Ledger in The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus.

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/1/20110212/...h-c60bd6d.html

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X