X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

From BBC News site:

Fans to redesign Tardis console
    CBBC show Blue Peter has launched a competition to design a new Tardis console that will appear in the next series of Doctor Who.

Spoiler:
    Children aged between six and 12 are invited to create the new control panel which operates the time machine.

For the purposes of the plot, designs for the hexagonal console must incorporate household objects.

The winning design, to be chosen by new Doctor Matt Smith, will appear in one episode of the sci-fi show next year.

Entries will be judged in three different age categories, with the winner of each age group getting to visit the Doctor Who set and meet the cast and crew, including the Doctor.

'Originality and creativity'

Doctor Who production designer Edward Thomas, who is also on the judging panel, advised entrants: "Don't come along with a design that's finished and too technical - it needs to have a lot of character.

"It's about being clever with what you find around the house and make sure it really feels as if the Doctor has put it together."

Entries must be sent in by 2 November and more details can be found on the Blue Peter website.

Blue Peter editor Tim Levell said: "This is the latest in a long line of collaborations between Blue Peter and Doctor Who.

"We know our viewers absolutely love Doctor Who and we hope to be blown away by the originality and creativity of their concepts.

"Doctor Who prides itself on surprising its viewers at every turn and who better than a child to come up with the latest design of the Tardis console," he added.

Four years ago, Blue Peter ran a competition to design a monster to feature in the sci-fi show.

The winning entry - the Abzorbaloff - created by nine-year-old William Grantham from Colchester, was played on-screen by comedian Peter Kay.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/8295718.stm

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
    K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

Originally posted by Alan View Post
      From BBC News site:

Fans to redesign Tardis console
      CBBC show Blue Peter has launched a competition to design a new Tardis console that will appear in the next series of Doctor Who.

Spoiler:
      Children aged between six and 12 are invited to create the new control panel which operates the time machine.

For the purposes of the plot, designs for the hexagonal console must incorporate household objects.

The winning design, to be chosen by new Doctor Matt Smith, will appear in one episode of the sci-fi show next year.

Entries will be judged in three different age categories, with the winner of each age group getting to visit the Doctor Who set and meet the cast and crew, including the Doctor.

'Originality and creativity'

Doctor Who production designer Edward Thomas, who is also on the judging panel, advised entrants: "Don't come along with a design that's finished and too technical - it needs to have a lot of character.

"It's about being clever with what you find around the house and make sure it really feels as if the Doctor has put it together."
      Doctor Who
      The winner will get to meet new Doctor Matt Smith

Entries must be sent in by 2 November and more details can be found on the Blue Peter website.

Blue Peter editor Tim Levell said: "This is the latest in a long line of collaborations between Blue Peter and Doctor Who.

"We know our viewers absolutely love Doctor Who and we hope to be blown away by the originality and creativity of their concepts.

"Doctor Who prides itself on surprising its viewers at every turn and who better than a child to come up with the latest design of the Tardis console," he added.

Four years ago, Blue Peter ran a competition to design a monster to feature in the sci-fi show.

The winning entry - the Abzorbaloff - created by nine-year-old William Grantham from Colchester, was played on-screen by comedian Peter Kay.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/8295718.stm
      Okay.
      That, right there, just killed it.

Well done BBC. You have just lost a fan after David Tennants final episodes are broadcast.
      Teselecta: "Silence will fall when the question is asked."

Doctor: "And what is the question?"

Teselecta: "How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?"

Doctor: " *Brainfart* ".

Comment

Originally posted by Billz View Post
        Okay.

Well done BBC. You have just lost a fan after David Tennants final episodes are broadcast.
        So based on this:

Your jumping ship because of news of a kids designed TARDIS Console that's appearing only once in a series of 13-episodes?

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,

Comment

Originally posted by Alan View Post
          So based on this:

Your jumping ship because of news of a kids designed TARDIS Console that's appearing only once in a series of 13-episodes?
          I glanced over that one epiode part. My bad.

But as soon as I saw this part
          'Fans to redesign Tardis console
          CBBC show Blue Peter has launched a competition to design a new Tardis console that will appear in the next series of Doctor Who.'
          I went into geek-rage mode.

It just seemed to me that with reading that, seeing the 'touching up' of the TARDIS exterior slightly, redisigning the logo and Sonic Screwdriver, that the BBC are trying to 'go cheap' with visuals for the show, which seemed diessapointing.
          Teselecta: "Silence will fall when the question is asked."

Doctor: "And what is the question?"

Teselecta: "How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?"

Doctor: " *Brainfart* ".

Comment

Wonderful, unpublished interview with the late, great Jon Pertwee back in 1986 which has some nice behind-the-scenes info during his era. Enjoy!

From SFX Magazine's official site:

FROM THE ARCHIVE - Jon Pertwee

THE LOST INTERVIEW

By Nick Setchfield

With the classic Jon Pertwee Doctor Who tales Frontier In Space and Planet Of The Daleks arriving on DVD as the Dalek War box set, here's another chance to read our 'lost' interview with the great man, originally conducted in 1986 but not published until our 2008 Doctor Who Special.

The interview can be found here: http://www.sfx.co.uk/page/sfx?entry=...ve_jon_pertwee

Comment

I glanced over that one epiode part. My bad.

But as soon as I saw this part
              'Fans to redesign Tardis console
              CBBC show Blue Peter has launched a competition to design a new Tardis console that will appear in the next series of Doctor Who.'
              I went into geek-rage mode.

It just seemed to me that with reading that, seeing the 'touching up' of the TARDIS exterior slightly, redisigning the logo and Sonic Screwdriver, that the BBC are trying to 'go cheap' with visuals for the show, which seemed diessapointing.
              Combined with the 'household objects' requirement, I'm guessing that the Doctor has to lash-up a temporary console at one point, possibly in the Blue Peter studio.

(As it's a BP competition, I'll feel cheated if it doesn't involve double-sided sticky tape).
              Behold the majesty that is...GERALD!
              - Read The Prophet's fan fiction at The Lost Vegas Public Library.

Comment

Sad news, Barry Letts has died.

Originally posted by Defiant View Post
                Have to say I'd prefer Michelle Ryan (the bionic women) over her any-day
                What a surprise...another "fan" willing to thrash someone before they see her act. How boring.

Gillan looks great there. Ryan is a ****ty actress and has a very generic, static mug.
                Last edited by Zarius; 09 October 2009, 01:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Zarius View Post
                  Sad news, Barry Letts has died.
                  That is such sad news. My deepest sympathies go out to his family and friends at this very difficult time.

R.I.P.
                  BARRY LETTS
                  1925 - 2009

Comment

Okay.

:sigh: Some people can't read. It says that the design will appear in one episode. That will mean it will be either the "Children in Needs" special or maybe some malfunction happens and the TARDIS switches to that design. Nothing wrong with that. That could actually be very funny and those people who trash the new companion without ever having her on screen are just incredibly dumb. IF we already had some episodes and it showed that the woman had no acting skills then I would understand all the moaning but this is just ridiculous.
                    He's like fire, ice and rage. He's like the night, and the storm in the heart of the sun.
                    He's ancient and forever. He burns at the centre of time and he can see the turn of the universe.
                    And he's wonderful.

Comment

Brand-new David Tennant video interviews - please see link below

http://scifiandtvtalk.wordpress.com/...t-interviewed/

Comment

I miss David Tennat, but this new season will be AWESOME!!

Comment

Originally posted by SammEater View Post
                          I miss David Tennat, but this new season will be AWESOME!!
                          Hear, hear!

Comment

Anyone else collecting the new Alien Armies card game?
                            sigpic
                            Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
                            To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
                            And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

Originally posted by BruTak View Post
                              Anyone else collecting the new Alien Armies card game?
                              I picked up the folder and I got the cards that came with the latest Doctor Who Magazine but nothing more than that...so far. I like the cards very much. They'd be great for taking to conventions and getting the cast to sign them.

Comment

Well, if you feel like collecting let me know.

I've a dozen or so doublers to off load.
                                sigpic
                                Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
                                To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
                                And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

Working...
                                X