This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Blencathra View Post
    That's what I thought Alan. It looks reminiscent of the old logo - similar colours etc. I like the representation of the tardis as well.

Yes, I rather like that.
    Hmmmm...indeed. I also like the TARDIS in the shape of "DW" too. Apparently that's for product branding purposes. Very cool. Cannot believe it's the 11th logo for this show across it's 40+ years.

The first logo I very vaguely remember seeing was the one used in Peter Davison's era. I was 3 and Davison was in his last year. The first logo I'll always have strong memories of was Sylvester McCoy's and, as such, I consider McCoy to be my childhood Doctor.

Come 2010 Matt Smith will later be regarding as future fans' childhood Doctor. Crazy. What a wonderful time to be a Whovian! Truly a golden age!

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
    K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

This is "my" logo - the Tom Baker one. I remember the 3rd Doctor one but he scared me & so I don't have as much nostalgia about him.

Spoiler:

Here is a link to the old logos on the BBC website, BTW.

Edit - Actually just looking through them, it was only poor David Tennant who didn't warrant a new logo. I wonder if that was because he took over so soon after the 9th doctor & re-launch of DW that TPTB didn't want to confuse the issue by giving him his own logo.

Comment

I didn't like it at first, but it's growing on me.
        sigpic
        Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
        To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
        And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

Originally posted by Blencathra View Post
          This is "my" logo - the Tom Baker one. I remember the 3rd Doctor one but he scared me & so I don't have as much nostalgia about him.

Here is a link to the old logos on the BBC website, BTW.

Edit - Actually just looking through them, it was only poor David Tennant who didn't warrant a new logo. I wonder if that was because he took over so soon after the 9th doctor & re-launch of DW that TPTB didn't want to confuse the issue by giving him his own logo.
          Pertwee scared you? Awwww. Bless. I don't think I've ever met anyone who's been scared by the Doctor before. Sure it wasn't Worzel Gummidge that scared you?

As for David Tennant's logo...well he did get a sort of new one from the start of The Runaway Bride. If you look in my Doctor Who picture gallery on my profile page you'll be able to see the difference.

Originally posted by BruTak View Post
          I didn't like it at first, but it's growing on me.
          Glad you got to see it.

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,

Comment

BBC Unveils New Logo For New Doctor - See Link Below

http://scifiandtvtalk.wordpress.com/...or-new-doctor/

Comment

don't like it. it looks too much like a rehash of the old logos.
              Pinky, are you thinking what I'm thinking?
              Yes, I am!
              sigpic
              Improved and unfuzzy banner being the result of more of Caldwell's 2IC sick, yet genuis, mind.
              Help Pitry win a competition! Listen to Kula Shaker's new single
              Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

Don't know if this has been posted before or not so here goes (no spoilers)

Standing tall at 5ft 11in, new Doctor Who star Karen Gillan has an incredibly long pair of legs.

And keen to capitalise on the actress's sex appeal, producers are giving the 21-year-old a chance to show off her fabulous figure in a tiny policewoman's outfit.

Spotted filming on location in Cardiff with co-star Matt Smith, who plays the new Doctor, Gillan's short skirt gave onlookers a good view of her slender pins.

Cop a load of that: Karen Gillan as the Doctor's assistant Amy Pond gives chase in a tiny policewoman's outfit on location in Cardiff

Announced as the new Doctor's assistant Amy Pond in May, Gillan won the coveted role amid rumoured competition from ex-EastEnder Michelle Ryan and model Kelly Brook.

Little has been revealed about the character of Amy, so fans with have to wait until the new series airs next year to find out if she is a policewoman or if the outfit is simply a disguise during one of her missions with the Doctor.

Before landing the role, Gillan featured in ITV’s Rebus and hospital drama Harley Street, as well as Channel 4 comedy The Kevin Bishop Show.

She was briefly in Doctor Who in 2008, appearing as a soothsayer in The Fires Of Pompeii.

Joining her on location was new time lord Smith, who looked dishevelled with his shirt and trousers all ripped - presumably after an altercation with one of his many enemies.

What's happened to the Doctor? New time lord Matt Smith looks a little dishevelled with his ripped clothes as he is followed by Gillan

Smith and Gillan began filming the new series in July, which will be broadcast on BBC1 next spring.
                Speaking about his new role - takin
                g over from David Tennant - Smith enthused: 'I feel very privileged and proud to be part of this iconic show.

'The scripts are brilliant - I'm excited about the future and all the brilliant adventures I get to go on as the Doctor.'

The show's new writer Stephen Moffatt, who is taking over from Russell T. Davies, is equally enthusiastic.

He said: 'Matt and Karen are going to be incredible, and Doctor Who is going to come alive on Saturday nights in a whole new way.'

Departing Tennant filmed his last scenes of Doctor Who in May, where he was reunited with former assistant Billie Piper, as well as his current helper Catherine Tate.

His final two episodes will be broadcast at Christmas, with viewers seeing Tennant regenerate into Smith.

Smith was announced as the 11th Doctor in January after Tennant announced his decision to depart.

The Northampton-born actor has signed a £600,000 three-year deal, nearly half the amount of Tennant's £1million deal.
                Have to say I'd prefer Michelle Ryan (the bionic women) over her any-day

Comment

What the hell? Give her a proper damn uniform!

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Flying Officer Bennett View Post
                    My thoughts exactly Bennett old man.

All the female police officers seem to wear trousers and combat boots these days.

And Karen may be wearing what appears to be a genuine police issue utility vest, but she's not got a stab vest on under it, and the belt is all wrong.

She does have nice legs though.
                    sigpic
                    Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,

Comment

Originally posted by Flying Officer Bennett View Post
                      Originally posted by BruTak View Post
                      My thoughts exactly Bennett old man.

All the female police officers seem to wear trousers and combat boots these days.

And Karen may be wearing what appears to be a genuine police issue utility vest, but she's not got a stab vest on under it, and the belt is all wrong.

She does have nice legs though.
                      The BBC are very good when it comes to its costumes and uniforms and they wouldn't have made such a simple mistake with a police officers uniform so have you guys considered one of these three possibilities:
                      1. Amy's not really a police officer and might just on her way to a fancy dress party

2. Amy is a police officer and something has happened to the skirt that's made it shorter

3. When John Barrowman is wearing his long coat as Captain Jack Harkness he wears a slightly shorter one for running scenes so he won't trip. Perhaps Karen Gillan is having to wear a shorter skirt to enable her to run easier.

Comment

Originally posted by Alan View Post
                        The BBC are very good when it comes to its costumes and uniforms and they wouldn't have made such a simple mistake with a police officers uniform so have you guys considered one of these three possibilities:
                        [LIST=1][*]Amy's not really a police officer and might just on her way to a fancy dress party
                        Always a possibility, yes.
                        But in that case, why does she have a walkie talkie clipped to her utility vest?

[*]Amy is a police officer and something has happened to the skirt that's made it shorter
                        Again, a possibility.
                        But as I said in my previous post, standard duty uniform for female police officers is now a pair of trousers and boots. And actually come to think about it, they don't wear those wee scarf things any more either.
                        Polo shirts or high collar sweatshirts in Spring/Summer, fleece jackets in Autumn/Winter.

It occurs to me that since Matt appears to be wearing David Tennant's shoes and trainers, these might be shots from the first episode and the Doctor's newly regenerated.
                        sigpic

Comment

Here's a couple more pics.

Spoiler:

Comment

Hmmm.... I've just been thinking about what Bru-tak said about that not being standard uniform now.

Is that car,
                            Spoiler:
                            that she is dragging poor 11th Doc towards, an old Rover 800? Could these scenes be taking place in the (near) past?

Still agree about her skirt though. It does seems rather short.

And I agree about her legs as well. Wish mine looked like that.

Comment

Spoiler:
                              It does seem to be a Rover grille, yes.

I've sent the photos on to a couple of friends who're in the know about such things, and get their opinion on Karen's outfit.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Madwelshboy View Post
                                Looks pretty simplistic, like something done in 5-minutes in Photoshop. The more I see of Matt Smiths turn as the Doctor and all related pictures, the less I actually want to watch it. I'll try the first episode of the season but if its bad, then it officially ends with David's last episode for me.
                                Teselecta: "Silence will fall when the question is asked."

Doctor: "And what is the question?"

Teselecta: "How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?"

Doctor: " *Brainfart* ".

Comment

Working...
                                X