This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

http://www.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/ram/2006theme.asx

As of the new series, there is an all new theme tune for the series, what do you think of it, personally, i dont like it at all, and i didnt really see anything wrong with the S1 version
    Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
    - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

Isn't that just the theme they're going to play at the end of the episode? I like it myself. Good to hear the middle 8 bit again.

Comment

Well its listed on the site as "new theme", so i think its gonna be at the start as well
        Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.

Comment

actualy, I rather liked it.

i prefer the symphonic sound to the techno/electronic.
          Thanks!
          Jordan

my page
          My LJ
          From now on, our name will be 'Tenac'.

Comment

I think its good alot like the movie theme and the Sylvestor McCoy series theme but after you hear it a few times it begins to grow on you.
            Oh Yes the Sam is Back and hes more Sci-fied up than ever !!!!!!!!!

Coming Soon a new Banner from Me

Comment

Oh cool so that explains it.

Comment

Just that snatch is a little lost on its own, but I liked it well enough on the end of The Christmas Invasion. I guess they're changing it because - although I don't think every Doctor had a unique tune - the other one was seen as the Ninth Doctor's music, hence something new for a new Doctor in Season 28.
                Behold the majesty that is...GERALD!
                - Read The Prophet's fan fiction at The Lost Vegas Public Library.

Comment

Were is the link to this? Not the link to the theme. The link or site that states this is the new theme. I can't find it on the BBC site anywhere.

Comment

I really love the previous theme. Normally I love symphony arrangements, but if this is really the new theme song, it'll just take a while to grow on me. The 2nd half of it I like, because you have a more predominant brass sound, but that isn't enough to win me over immediately. *shrugs*

Comment

I can't listen to it, the link doesn't seem to work for me...
                      Can you supply another one? or is that the only one?
                      Oh well.

Stargate Gateworld RPG. All are welcome!|Jim Andersons Bio.

Comment

Originally posted by Drwho'srose
                        Were is the link to this? Not the link to the theme. The link or site that states this is the new theme. I can't find it on the BBC site anywhere.
                        http://www.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/news/...03/28476.shtml

Comment

Thanks.

So it is a little OTT on the orchistration, why do they have to keep messing with the theme anyway? At least it will only be in the ending credits.

No I don't like it.

Comment

Actually it says it is the theme, so i think its gonna be at the start. The thing about it being at the end I THINK is about when it was played on the Christmas invasion. Its not the clearest explanation in the world

Comment

Ptah this is what it says
                              Including the bit you might not have heard before.

Many people call it the "middle 8". Musicians call it the "b part" and some of you simply know it as "the bit the announcer talked over".

Now we're giving you the chance to hear Murray Gold's beautiful new arrangement of the Doctor Who theme with its re-instated b part, courtesy of the BBC Wales Orchestra.

Please note that for copyright reasons, we can only let you have a 30-second snippet.
                              This means that it just the bit in the end credits when usually they will have the bbc person speaking over it.

Comment

I'm looking forward to the release in the US. I found some screen caps and list of extras here.

Many BBC shows are expensive when compared to similar US shows on DVD. I have seasons 1 & 2 of MI-5 which I payed more for than I would any US show of a similar genre. I enjoy many of the BBC shows I've been able to see and I remember seeing Dr. Who on PBS as a kid so I will shop around and find the best price possible but I will purchase the DVD's when they are released.
                                My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

Working...
                                X