This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by prion View Post
    By the way, where does it stand for the next WHO?
    It's still speculation. The BBC have said they won't be announcing anything until 'way into' next year.

So it's back to the speculation, minus RC.

Comment

Originally posted by humanityspotential View Post
      It's still speculation. The BBC have said they won't be announcing anything until 'way into' next year.

So it's back to the speculation, minus RC.
      *sigh* He was my top pick.

Comment

I still think they may still go with a relative unknown.

Lets face it most of the other actors to take on the role were not already household names. Some where more known then others, yes, but most you have to admit are more famous for what they did while on DW then what they did before (or after in some cases).

I think that tends to work better for DW, it means you are not looking at the actor playing The Doctor you are looking at The Doctor.

Comment

Originally posted by Willow'sCat View Post
          Lets face it most of the other actors to take on the role were not already household names. Some where more known then others, yes, but most you have to admit are more famous for what they did while on DW then what they did before (or after in some cases).
          It's true; Peter Davison is probably the nearest to being an exception - All Creatures Great and Small was a big deal, and he's had a pretty visible career since, but even he is most famous as The Fifth Doctor than anything else.

It probably will be someone not universally known, that's not to say that a well-known chap can't take the role and become more well known

Madeleine

Comment

We'll find out this week, apparently...

Dec 16 2008

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/news/d...not_tardis.php

excerpt:
            TOUGH guy actor Robert Carlyle has confirmed he won't be the new Doctor Who - but he will boldly go into outer space.

The Glaswegian will lead a motley crew on a voyage across the universe in a new sci-fi series based on the hit Stargate movie and TV franchise.

That move will pave the way for a rival to take control of the Tardis when the next Doctor is announced later this week.

Comment

Originally posted by prion View Post
              That move will pave the way for a rival to take control of the Tardis when the next Doctor is announced later this week.
              Oh I hope so.....it's about time all the speculation was put to rest.

Comment

Six of one we get to hear who the next Doctor is..

... half a dozen of the other, the author is muddled by next week's ep being titled "The Next Doctor"

Madeleine

Comment

Originally posted by Madeleine_W View Post
                  Six of one we get to hear who the next Doctor is..

... half a dozen of the other, the author is muddled by next week's ep being titled "The Next Doctor"
                  I go the second option as the BBC have said about a week ago that they won't announce anything until well into 2009.

Comment

Any opinions on the new 45sec trailer?
                    sigpic
                    Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
                    To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
                    And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

Originally posted by BruTak View Post
                      I now definitely think that DM's character is an imposter.

Comment

Originally posted by BruTak View Post
                        Where??

Comment

Ta Da!!

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=4Nx5lMbLEqA

Comment

I now definitely think that DM's character is an imposter.
                            Yeah.

Personally, I think his Time Lord pocket watch and the sonic screwdriver are a bluff.
                            sigpic
                            Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
                            To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
                            And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

Ah, curses, youtube! Shall have to check it out tonight.

Comment

OK. I see that RTD is keen on a woman Doctor. In fact he had two actresses in mind. Is the Time Lord about to become a Time Lady? here
                                Not quite sure if I like that or not. I'm undecided.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X